Sponsored by:

Instructing with a HANS

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
I slip it on my leg or soem other right there location to keep from leaving in in the car. It stays in the general area of the helmet. Don't want the chance of "nuts it is across the paddock, I will just skip it this time".
Seems like it would be easy enough to slip the shoulder belt under the HANS...I'd rather not have a HANS banging around inside the car during an incident. At speed, it would do some serious damage to your chest, face, etc.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good point on the loose item aspect. I am not sold on using ti with a 3 point. The Hans and the other popluar devices are not built for 3 point systems. The Hans loose under the helmet might present problems of its own acting as a lever. I don't know one way or the other. I did leave it on above the belt a few times and found that it was more of a nusance to me than whenn it was under belts. There seems to be a lack of testing here. It does seem that your body does some real strange things under heavy G and changes shape a lot more than many might expect. for myself I plan to stick with complete known systems until something better comes along, and it will. Look at the improvements in the past 15 years alone.

Quick Reply: Instructing with a HANS