Sponsored by:

Explain NASA Enduro Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Explain NASA Enduro Pricing?

Reading the Rules and Regs regarding pricing for Nasa's endurance series has me confused. How does pricing work?

Regs say:
2.4. Races shorter than six hours
Teams must have a minimum of two drivers. One driver may drive the entire race, but must enter as both drivers and pay the minimum entry fee of a two-driver team.

Does these mean that the posted price on the registration page will be doubled or is it the full team price?

Ex: Road Atlanta 3 hr enduro is posted as $299.00. Will I have to pay this twice even if I am the only driver?

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 584 Likes on 259 Posts

No, you pay one time. Enduro pricing is for the team, the number of drivers does not change the pricing. At least that is the case in TX. Technically speaking each region is a franchise and they can do what they want with regards to price.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes, price is $299 for you, or you and a friend to drive. Price goes up if you have 3 drivers.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot guys. I assumed it was a team price but no where does it say 'price per team'.

One more clarification. It goes on to say: "All drivers must be NASA members and registered for the event." Is their an additional 'Event Registration' or does the enduro price cover basic registration?

HSR requires one Basic Event Registration, then separate pricing for Enduros, night races, etc. I think PCA works the same way or very similar.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

contact the region on this. Each region may do it slightly different. Last Enduro in Az the fee structure was $399 for the weekend (saturday included) with sunday 3hr enduro. Co drivers optional and required $100 enduro fee.

So contact the region to ensure you are properly registered.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Thanks a lot guys. I assumed it was a team price but no where does it say 'price per team'.

One more clarification. It goes on to say: "All drivers must be NASA members and registered for the event." Is their an additional 'Event Registration' or does the enduro price cover basic registration?

HSR requires one Basic Event Registration, then separate pricing for Enduros, night races, etc. I think PCA works the same way or very similar.

Thanks
Just register for the enduro ($299) and you are good to go. If you want to race the weekend sprints you will have to sign up for that as well.

The "all driver must be NASA member and registered" means that if you have a second driver, you must put their name into the enduro registration when you pay.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Another question. Do you guys sometime or always have to have a crew member/s for refueling, pit stops, etc. or can we just go it alone?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

It depends on the length of the race and if you are doing driver changes or going ironman, either way though it really helps to have help in the pit. At the very least you need a fueler in full (driving suit helmet & gloves) gear, and someone on the fire bottle...
Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Another question. Do you guys sometime or always have to have a crew member/s for refueling, pit stops, etc. or can we just go it alone?
You cannot go it alone, you have to have at least two people (fueler and fireman), of course you can be one of them but that means you have to take time to get out and then back into the car.

I suppose that if you are just doing it for fun and track time you could go it alone. You would have to pull into the paddock to fuel by yourself, but you would be penalized for doing so. They would not disqualify you, instead you would get a 10 minute penalty for fueling in the paddock (IIRC).
Old 02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Ouch! Major penalty. In that case maybe I'll look for someone who want to share a crew. Probably would work if we have radios and coordinate stop.

Originally Posted by Lemming
You cannot go it alone, you have to have at least two people (fueler and fireman), of course you can be one of them but that means you have to take time to get out and then back into the car.

I suppose that if you are just doing it for fun and track time you could go it alone. You would have to pull into the paddock to fuel by yourself, but you would be penalized for doing so. They would not disqualify you, instead you would get a 10 minute penalty for fueling in the paddock (IIRC).
Old 02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Ouch! Major penalty. In that case maybe I'll look for someone who want to share a crew. Probably would work if we have radios and coordinate stop.
You won't be competitive without a crew. Ideally you want to make only one stop and take on the amount of fuel needed to get to the finish. Remember, in a race less than 6 hrs, you are not limited to the 10 gal/pit stop rule. If you need an addition 12-15 gals to finish the race, add it via three 5 gal jugs in just one pit stop.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
mein51
Racer

At the NASA enduros I've done at TWS, the atmosphere is friendly enough where your pit neighbors are willing to help if needed.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Crew is over-rated.

And besides, you'll have to get out of the car whenever you're refueing.

Der Professor once finished 3rd overall & won the Spec Miata class (hint: "competitive")in a 12 hour enduro with no crew. Der Professor and his co-driver, the Dean of Tire Donuts, fueled & fire-bottled themselves (duh...we're already in nomex...), except a few times when adjacent pit buddies and pit marshal friends helped out. Overhead fuel rig helped, but wasn't necessary.

Our normal enduro crew guys were either "moving grandma", "groomsmaning a wedding" or some other nonsense, so we just "adapted". It rained on & off, too...and that actually helped us out, since we're both kick-*** in the rain.

As any racer will tell you - "The person I most admire is ME".
Old 02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

New 944 Spec rules allows the removal of the restricter (sp?) so you can fill up the gas tank much quicker. Makes a big difference for the Endoros and makes the 944 competitive in its class.

A lot of guys use the Enduros as testing sessions as they are the Friday evening before race weekends. Pricing is per the team regardless of # of drivers.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Professor Helmüt Tester

And besides, you'll have to get out of the car whenever you're refueing.
Not with NASA, the driver can remain in the car.

Quick Reply: Explain NASA Enduro Pricing?