Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Porsche promote the 9 car if it wins?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 701 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M

If the Gainsco car was leading in hour 23 instead of Action Express I have a feeling we would have seen a yellow flag to clean up some off-line debris...
Well it IS Nascar for road racing, isn't it?

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 02-09-2010, 03:25 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M
If the Gainsco car was leading in hour 23 instead of Action Express I have a feeling we would have seen a yellow flag to clean up some off-line debris...
I was surprised they didn't throw a yellow with Justin Wilson's phantom debris caused him to jump into the garage. Can't ever be too careful, right?

(Somewhat related, in the Danica exhibition race, notice how ARCA didn't throw a yellow two laps from the end when that last skirmish happened?)
Old 02-24-2010, 01:31 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srf506
Actually the engine run last year by the Spirit of Daytona team was more of a stock motor than the one in the #9. The SOD guys didn't have the resources to do a "proper" race development. It performed well and finished, but it was heavy and down on power. It took the Lozano Brothers to spend the resources and use their experience with Chevy motors to do that. In addition, they had to live within the GA rules constraints on bore/stroke/restriction and use of a Delco throttle body.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read/heard the Cayenne motor was really an Audi, licensed to Porsche.
Originally Posted by Spyderidol
Only the base engined (V6) Cayenne shares/d the same engine with the Taureg, but the Porsche version is substantially modified.

It is my understanding, after a few conversations with PCNA, that VW actually pays Porsche a royalty every time a Taureg is produced. Seems to me that indicates sharing in a different direction...

Quick Reply: Will Porsche promote the 9 car if it wins?