Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fikse: What's the latest news?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 AM
por29
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

For the money I do believe that both Fikse and Kodiac wheels are the best true three piece wheels available. I own three sets for each of my personally owned race cars. I have been recommending them to my customers for years.. BBS upper end wheels are great. I own a few sets of them as well, (including a set of monoblocs) but, the price is a bit harder to handle for the budget minded.

Bill Rudtner
Old 01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of Fikse and I'm not particularly fond of the black turned purple centers... I'm not the only one who suffered from that. And I saw lots of cracks on the centers of other cars.

I will give a shot at JONGBLOED. Less expensive too.

C.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
dstevens
5th Gear

Originally Posted by won
Hey guys,

In addition to the press release posted earlier, I just wanted to assure you that all the existing return/repair orders will be taken care of first, before we start accepting new orders. That's part of the reason why we're aiming for March 1st re-launch of the brand.

Thanks,
Won
Won, can you please implore Daryle to take care of my wheels. I'm waiting for a set of 15x10 wheels to be re-worked to meet the original specification.
Derek Stevens.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
pojefferson
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by won
Hey guys,

In addition to the press release posted earlier, I just wanted to assure you that all the existing return/repair orders will be taken care of first, before we start accepting new orders. That's part of the reason why we're aiming for March 1st re-launch of the brand.

Thanks,
Won
hi won,
do you know if "completing existing orders" also includes your fulfillment for the Zuffenhaus line? I placed my order for Zuffenhaus Fuchs in early Nov 2009... 3.5 months ago and counting. I've been in touch with Keith Walters many times. He's waiting to hear from your guys. Any hints on the status with your company?
~ Philip

Last edited by pojefferson; 02-23-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a set of Fikse and I'm not particularly fond of the black turned purple centers... I'm not the only one who suffered from that. And I saw lots of cracks on the centers of other cars
I also have a set of black turned purple Fikse's...one of two sets of Fikse's I have. So far, two cracked barrels as well.....
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 PM
dstevens
5th Gear

3.5 months! My original order was made in April 2007, and without any email/phone response from Kodiak for the last 6 months or so I have reached the conclusion that my money has gone. Hopefully not too many other people are in the same situation I am in.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:51 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

April 2007? I ordered two sets in January of 2008 and had both within a month...
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 AM
won
2nd Gear

Derek, I will check tomorrow and update you via PM.

Philip, yes the Zuffenhaus' wheels are being completed as we speak. Progress has been slow lately but once Fikse side of things settle down it will be full steam ahead.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpinkert
April 2007? I ordered two sets in January of 2008 and had both within a month...
He might be talking about the 17 inch Jeff Alton type not fiske type. My jeff alton's took 11 months.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
He might be talking about the 17 inch Jeff Alton type not fiske type. My jeff alton's took 11 months.
Mine (call them Alton's, though Jeff is out of the picture) took 9 months, but I was #40 of the original order set when they went public. Daryl (of Kodiak) was good enough to call me and lay out why the delays were happening. Mine were "simple" SC offset widebody (9's and 11's) and the other types were going to take a while to get out. I wonder if they are back to taking orders and what they are forecasting for delivery now?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:24 PM
pojefferson
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Mine (call them Alton's, though Jeff is out of the picture) took 9 months, but I was #40 of the original order set when they went public. Daryl (of Kodiak) was good enough to call me and lay out why the delays were happening. Mine were "simple" SC offset widebody (9's and 11's) and the other types were going to take a while to get out. I wonder if they are back to taking orders and what they are forecasting for delivery now?
yes - I was referring to the Jeff Alton design; sold through Zuffenhaus. My understanding is that after the original order set (2008/2009 pilot group), and the much chronicled delivery challenges, that there was a self-imposed moratorium on new orders. This was to sort out the final configuration options - figure out delivery commitments – and increased pricing. I assumed that my order was past all that (I know the pricing was). My order was basic 911 SC/Carrera, 17x8.0 (ET30) /9.0 (ET17), standard finish; and delivery expectation was: "... 4-5 weeks from monthly order submission to the manufacturing facilty". I later learned that my order was likely impacted by the Fiske deal; and some internal churn at Kodiak Motorsports Inc. What’s ironic is that Fiske was at one time my 1st choice (very popular with my PCA DE crowd). I guess I would have run into this either way. Anyway, I remain patient. In the northeast, most of us still have 6 more weeks of Porsche hibernation ;-)
Old 02-24-2010, 02:46 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 392 Likes on 227 Posts

I have an 18 x 10 FM5 with brushed finish center that has cracked twice. I'm ordering a new one to replace this WE (via Radial Tire) and will let everyone know what happens. Fikse has always been my first choice (I have two sets) and I hope they remain that way.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:29 PM
dstevens
5th Gear

Originally Posted by won
Derek, I will check tomorrow and update you via PM.
That would be great. I can't see a way to enable PM for me on this forum; but my email should work.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by dstevens
I can't see a way to enable PM for me on this forum; but my email should work.
Become a member, that should do it.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Fikse Wheels
Former Vendor

Fikse Wheels is proud to announce that we are a Rennlist.com sponsor.
Here is all of the news about Fikse Wheels that is currently fit to print. The Fikse brand was acquired by Kodiak in British Columbia, Canada. Kodiak has a long history of manufacturing forged racing wheels as racing components and aerospace parts. They recently hired Alan Baylis, that's me, as VP of Sales and Marketing. Many of you may know me from my years of experience in the custom wheel manufacturing industry as well as my most recent position at Wheel Enhancement. We are adding 20" wheels to our product line as well as 2 new styles out this summer. Please visit our web site http://www.fikse.com and feel free to call or email if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: Fikse: What's the latest news?