Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple/Cheap Video editing software for Aiptek or other HD Video?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009 | 04:21 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Yeah, i'll add it to the $10K in car parts I need!!
Old 12-18-2009 | 05:09 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

For what it's worth, I have both a recent MacBook Pro laptop and an older Mac Pro tower and use a variety of video software (TrackVision under Parallels, Final Cut Express, iMovie, iDVD and QT Pro). I would not want to run the video software on the MacBook. The extra processors of the tower help significantly. I have an external SATA RAID for storage and it does not have the impact the processors do.

The nice thing about the Mac is you can run Windows on it when you really need to.
Old 12-18-2009 | 06:21 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Interim update. I did some File trimming and PIP but Corel Crashed Twice before I could output the results. I am waitng for some more memory for my computer, If nothing else it should crash faster.
Old 12-18-2009 | 10:12 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I added memory to bring my desktop to 7 Gb of RAM to speed up video processing.
Old 12-18-2009 | 10:43 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

I got Corel working, but will test more extensively when my extra Ram arrives
Old 04-13-2010 | 10:28 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Is anyone using iMovie to edit video from the Aiptek camera? I created hundreds of movies with my previous Sony MiniDV camera, but with this new camera, iMovie compresses the image and puts a vertical black line on the left side of the screen. I have tried importing the Aiptek files several different ways and cannot figure this out.
Old 04-14-2010 | 09:19 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Is anyone using iMovie to edit video from the Aiptek camera? I created hundreds of movies with my previous Sony MiniDV camera, but with this new camera, iMovie compresses the image and puts a vertical black line on the left side of the screen. I have tried importing the Aiptek files several different ways and cannot figure this out.
I have used iMovie and Aiptek exclusively with no issues. I assume you've fiddled with your import/sharing settings? I set mine to use whatever Vimeo tells me too. Odd that you are having black line problems.

I'm no computer expert (I actually dated girls in high school! ) but maybe I can look at my settings and see if they match yours.
Old 04-14-2010 | 03:49 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
I have used iMovie and Aiptek exclusively with no issues. I assume you've fiddled with your import/sharing settings? I set mine to use whatever Vimeo tells me too. Odd that you are having black line problems.

I'm no computer expert (I actually dated girls in high school! ) but maybe I can look at my settings and see if they match yours.
Could it be because I switched from 1080 to 720p? My first in-car test run was back in October and it worked fine. Here it is.

Here is my sprint race from Road Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. You can see the difference in aspect ratio, and the difference in quality.
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:33 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I just got the latest Windows Live Movie Maker beta and it works great. Does everything I need to do, opens .MOV or .AVI files (and many others), and even will upload the finished video direct to your YouTube account. It works far better than the Pinnacle Studio 12 POS I have been fighting with and it's FREE!

http://windowslive.com/desktop/moviemaker
Old 04-15-2010 | 10:01 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Could it be because I switched from 1080 to 720p? My first in-car test run was back in October and it worked fine. Here it is.

Here is my sprint race from Road Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. You can see the difference in aspect ratio, and the difference in quality.
That is odd. It looks like the first video is stretched out. It's trying to fill the screen. the second video seems to be in proportion but missing part of the left? That's really odd.

Maybe reset to defaults and try the same video? Then try to set up the sharing per Vimeo's settings? I've never had this issue. I'll check on my import settings and send them to you.
Old 04-16-2010 | 10:17 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

I import on "large 960x540"

Sharing settings are:

Quicktime
Compression h.264
Quality: low
frame rate: 60
Key frame rate: 30
frame reordering: yes
dimensions 1280x720
scale: letterbox

My aiptek a-hd is set on D1 60f (dvd)

Hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2010 | 10:36 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
I import on "large 960x540"

Sharing settings are:

Quicktime
Compression h.264
Quality: low
frame rate: 60
Key frame rate: 30
frame reordering: yes
dimensions 1280x720
scale: letterbox

My aiptek a-hd is set on D1 60f (dvd)

Hope this helps.
OK thanks I will work on it.

I did import the same source file into my wife's newer (Leopard) Mac and it worked fine. No black stripe. Here's that one.

Quick Reply: Simple/Cheap Video editing software for Aiptek or other HD Video?