Sponsored by:

thoughts on private track memberships like Harris Hill Road

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:15 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Biggest advantages:

- Drive when your schedule permits, not when a DE happens to fall on a weekend when you are available.
- Ability to drive at 10/10ths and push yourself. If you are driving at a high level, it is probably inappropriate to honestly push your limits in a DE environment.

With regards to getting bored, until I can match Patrick Long's times lap after lap I will continue to be challenged by my home track. There are always things to work on and practice. If you just like doing laps I guess you can get bored but if you take each session as a learning experience then it always leaves you wanting more.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:13 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Biggest advantages:

- Drive when your schedule permits, not when a DE happens to fall on a weekend when you are available.
- Ability to drive at 10/10ths and push yourself. If you are driving at a high level, it is probably inappropriate to honestly push your limits in a DE environment.

With regards to getting bored, until I can match Patrick Long's times lap after lap I will continue to be challenged by my home track. There are always things to work on and practice. If you just like doing laps I guess you can get bored but if you take each session as a learning experience then it always leaves you wanting more.
Exactly. I can't imagine getting bored. I've never put together a perfect lap, and until I can do that consistently, there is still a challenge to keep me quite interested. Then...... they sometimes run the reverse direction, long track, short track, and always someone faster to chase.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Biggest advantages:

+1. To me, this would be THE advantage.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Quick Reply: thoughts on private track memberships like Harris Hill Road