Sponsored by:

lets see your track pictures from 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAPmobile
Sorry, but I think you need to do a little research on intellectual property laws.

So as you move the run group ladder you don't want to pay for a photo but it's okay to use it for free.

I've done no research nor do I care. IMHO, the watermarked version is for my viewing and use. If they don't want me to have it or use it, set it up so that people can't d/l it and post it here in threads. Many of the photo guys have elaborate sites that don't let your right click and save. And/or they produce tiny photos...

WRT to the run groups, the discussion I have had with several of the guys is that they sell more photos to the lower runs groups than the regular racer/DE rats. I've had some amazing photos taken of me, but I have enough and can't/won't justify the expense of more. Me downloading a photo with a watermark all over it and posting it for grins is about all the $ they'd get out my anyhow. But, it raises awareness for those that like the photos and seek out the guys at their next event. All I'm saying.

I own this one free and clear, the original is hanging on my wall. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:11 PM
jayhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pumpkin at RA

here's a couple of pic of the pumpkin at RA in August.
Attached Images   
Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Dave Parker
Instructor

Default RA Club Race

Sprint Race at RA
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 PM
MelanomaMan
Instructor

Here are a few pics from our night event at Firebird Main, and PIR with Tim's beautiful 914 in the shot. Cheers!
Attached Images    
Old 12-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Summit and The Glen
Attached Images   
Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

My rookie race
Attached Images  
Old 12-25-2009, 12:47 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Crew at The Glen

Crew at The Glen Race
Attached Images  
Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Turn 10 Summit

Taken by Mike Yura I Think a Great shot!
Attached Images  
Old 12-27-2009, 12:17 AM
PixxByTango
Advanced

Cool

Originally Posted by ZAPmobile
I love all the photos on this thread.

BUT please stop using the one's with the photographers watermark, that's copyright infringement. And you could be open to a lawsuit. Spend the 20 bucks and help make the season a little better for the photographers and their families.

You would not like someone stealing your hard work
I appreciate that statement. There is nothing I hate worse than shooting for free... when I probably would have given the photo for free to have the publicity.

Here are a few samples I captured this year.

BOTH front tires off the ground under full throttle!!

Brutal HP to weight!

Both right side off the ground!

OPEN your Eyes!!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:40 AM
PixxByTango
Advanced

Originally Posted by VaSteve
The watermark is so you don't print it, not so you don't post it on the web. I spoke to the guy who takes photos at the Glen. He said he doesn't mind people posting them since it's like advertising for him. How many of the guys shelling out big money on actual racing after many years are still buying photos? The photographers cater to the green/blue group newbies.
The watermark is to discourage people from ripping you off. Seriously, a digital download is $5-10.00 usually. A small fee to ask for the time it took to be there to capture a piece of time. My tools cost over $10K, the cost to be there was $1500.00 and a digital download in Hi_res is $10.00. Definitely a small price to pay.

Any photographer who thinks he will make money by someone seeing his watermark all over the web is already losing money. Great images take time, money & effort. The market of Motorsports photography is overflowing with every possible "Joe" with a DSLR hosting on a generic website giving his time for free. Those are the same guys that do Batch Uploads and sell a cd of all your shots for $50.

Spend that $50 for a cd... its like buying Playboy for National Enquirer quality images.

Or within the context of saying that anyone can buy a GT3 and drive like Leh Keen.

If you like an image of your car, honor the person who took it and pay for it. Typically a simple email to that photographer will get you that image for free if the intent is to host it on a site like this, in a thread like this giving the credit.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

tango....
too bad you dont shoot over in nor Cal, i would be buying lots of your prints.
i usually get 2 20x30 prints of each of my track cars for the garage, at $150 a pop and after custom framing its about $700 a frame. but a good print is well worth it.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 AM
PixxByTango
Advanced

Originally Posted by mooty
tango....
too bad you dont shoot over in nor Cal, i would be buying lots of your prints.
i usually get 2 20x30 prints of each of my track cars for the garage, at $150 a pop and after custom framing its about $700 a frame. but a good print is well worth it.
My Prints in that size are $50. If you want a HD Canvas wrapped on a frame they are $200. The new Metallic finish is worth a cool Million in looks as it give the colors a luminosity that simply cannot be found anywhere else I have seen. It is similar to viewing your print on a HD 1080p monitor set for full brightness!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not quite sure I understand why there are so many posts whinging about ripped-off photographers. There are probably 100 great photos in this thread and I only see 3 that are watermarked. Hardly an industry-destroying epidemic.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:40 AM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
I'm not quite sure I understand why there are so many posts whinging about ripped-off photographers. There are probably 100 great photos in this thread and I only see 3 that are watermarked. Hardly an industry-destroying epidemic.
What we are talking about is the idea it's OK to use the photos with out fair compensation to the photographers. Basically stealing their hard work.

Why do you find it so difficult to understand photographers have bills to pay and have to make a living just like you.

I'm sure you would not like having your hard work "ripped-off" just three times.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:08 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
^^^ Cool pics!

My year in review...

Wet tracks and dry tracks.

Old friends and new friends.

An inevitable departure, and a long awaited arrival.

Some days, just for the fun of it.
Others, to aim higher than ever before.

Enjoy

Uh, Russell.....that 8th and 9th pic are copyright protected....

What a year indeed.....

T

Quick Reply: lets see your track pictures from 2009