Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video: please critique my Mosport lap

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 AM
TLM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charlie. A few comments. More track time and confidence in your car will keep making you better. One quick observation, I like putting a wheel on the inside curb of turn one and carry a lot of speed through it. Reason for this is simple, when you do that it basically loads the diagonal rear wheel and helps turn the car. Also the approach to turn five in a 968 should be flat and with more time you should be able to hold your foot flat on the floor as you go under the bridge.
Www.TLMUSA.com
David Tuaty
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
I like it, smooth and controlled.
I like the camera position,too.
Originally Posted by GentlemanRacer
Very smooth , nice turn in, much less braking than before and you are about 12 secs faster this time around.

Great work!
Thanks, guys!

Originally Posted by TLM
Charlie. A few comments. More track time and confidence in your car will keep making you better. One quick observation, I like putting a wheel on the inside curb of turn one and carry a lot of speed through it. Reason for this is simple, when you do that it basically loads the diagonal rear wheel and helps turn the car. Also the approach to turn five in a 968 should be flat and with more time you should be able to hold your foot flat on the floor as you go under the bridge.
Www.TLMUSA.com
David Tuaty
David, I really appreciate it. I think I'm still tentative out of T1 because I am thinking about the rough curbing at track out, so a little extra turning will help. I'm going to work on that and T4 specifically next time.

Oh, and I'm still working on VR's 'More gas, less brake.' from the first page of this thread!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 256 Posts

Charlie,

Coming along
Shoot me a PM if you want to meet at the track on an EA day, 6th gear, PCA, etc.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt, PM sent!

Quick Reply: Video: please critique my Mosport lap