Sponsored by:

Panamera in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier Motorsp
The Panamera is hideous looking to me. I understand that not everyone will share that opinion. My issue with it is that I don't know what it is for.

It is not a sports car, even though it is certainly fast, especially in the Turbo version.

It is not a luxury sedan, as it will certainly ride like ****, due to huge wheels and tires, as well as the 'Ring tuned suspension.

It will certainly be as big of a piece of **** as the Cayenne (and indeed all other recent German cars). The idea of any of these cars being usable as road cars in 15 years is laughable.

The depreciation is very likely to absolutely epic.

All these things can be correctly said about the competing Ferrari (which is 2 or 3X the price), but the Ferrari does not look like a rolling turd.

I am sure it will be a huge hit anyway.

Chris Cervelli
Spline Technologies

+1.

Other than that, Mrs, Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Viking, you have to tell us what else you drove that night!
+1
Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Viking, you have to tell us what else you drove that night!
Ok, twist my arm. For those that were there, they saw the 2 vintage racers and know. There was an old early short wheelbase 911 race car, mechanical injection and really a quite spectacular car. The 2nd car kinda overshadowed it a little though. It was a 908. At the end of the night they needed to move the car and somehow I got picked to move them both.
I didn't really realize the irony until driving home in my truck, I wonder how many times that car has been driven on an airport runway at night, and I wonder what the names are on that list. I feel quite priviledged needless to say.

Quick Reply: Panamera in the rain