Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=dave morris;7009445]
Originally Posted by wpriller
not going to warrant what you are trying to get. /QUOTE]

I think the OP was asking for opinions. Don't recall him saying what he wanted to get. Maybe I missed it?
I'm just trying to figure out what would be a fair asking price.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Psst. Lockton Affinity.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:55 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by speedread

A fair price is what the seller and buyer agree upon......

Try to sell your car in your own region to people that know you and your car.....

Otherwise, you are going to attract bottomfeeders especially with all the info. you have divulged......

Best of luck with the sale......
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=speedread;7010028]
Originally Posted by dave morris

One Meeellion dollars....
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2009, 12:01 AM
speedread
Racer

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
A fair price is what the seller and buyer agree upon......

Try to sell your car in your own region to people that know you and your car.....

Otherwise, you are going to attract bottomfeeders especially with all the info. you have divulged......

Best of luck with the sale......
Thanks for the, I assume, sincere "Best of luck". The info I have divulged is what I would tell anyone. I only want an honest sale. Local is logical, but I fear my pool of potential buyers is to small for local only.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedread
Thanks for the, I assume, sincere "Best of luck". The info I have divulged is what I would tell anyone. I only want an honest sale. Local is logical, but I fear my pool of potential buyers is to small for local only.
my 2cents, and 2 options:
1) if you have time and don't need to sell it now for cash:
Put it up for sale in your local PCA newsletter, spread the word, and then just wait. This won't sell anytime soon, unless you're lucky, but it should sell eventually for somewhere in the range people have been quoting here. Expect to wait until next Spring.

2) If you need cash:
You really have no choice but to part it out. Selling it "as is" in a rush will probably only net you 15-20, which is painful, and will take a lot of time and haggling which will make the pain even less pleasant.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Jim W
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you probably have to discount it so heavily to sell, why not keep it and enjoy more days on the track. Why quit when you can enjoy your 'investment'.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

The more I think about this car, the more it seems that someone that knows the car from your DE events would be the logical buyer; not everyone has racing aspirations, and it could just be a fun car that can be run hard.
Spread the word locally and see what happens.
Side note: my former track car (the red 1984 911 coupe), which was sold to a friend, was resold to a fellow driver that heard about it from me at The Glen. He was talking about getting a track car and I told him about that car and sure enough he bought it (and got a real nice car at a reasonable price). Admittedly it was a true no stories car, but still, I think that would be your best route.
Good luck (sincerely) with the sale; it won't happen quickly (especially this time of year), but no reason that it won't sell eventually at the right price (buyer/seller).
Old 10-23-2009, 02:04 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.Keep it. if no go to #2

2. Try and sell it to someone that knows te car and wants it the way it is. if no go to #3

3. Remove the cage, fire susp system,data logger, seats and belts and sell them. hook up the AC and all other stock stuff that does not work or is missing like the original seats (you did save them right?). Clean up the paint a bit but don't go nuts and then addvertise it hard. Expect to take a beating on price or luck out and find a young guy with a good wad O trust fund $.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:45 PM
speedread
Racer

Originally Posted by kurt M
1.Keep it. if no go to #2

2. Try and sell it to someone that knows te car and wants it the way it is. if no go to #3

3. Remove the cage, fire susp system,data logger, seats and belts and sell them. hook up the AC and all other stock stuff that does not work or is missing like the original seats (you did save them right?). Clean up the paint a bit but don't go nuts and then addvertise it hard. Expect to take a beating on price or luck out and find a young guy with a good wad O trust fund $.
I saved all the original parts, rims, seats, suspension, etc. I even have correct color replacement carpet with no holes. (How is that for obsessive. I got it from a salvage place in case I restored the car. Now frankly I cannot bear to restore it, someone would enjoy it to much as is. You've got to admit that is wacked).
Old 10-24-2009, 09:40 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A good thing that you have the original parts. Be sure that you mention that you are including all original removed parts.

Capt. Obvious part III. Get the car in best shape you can with as many things working right (HVAC system a must) and all looking good and clean. Take lots of pictures including the spare parts. Set up a web page and post it all over. Be wary of ditherers that will waste your time with a million questions and scammers. the more you advertise the more of both you will get. There is a lid for every pot and you might find someone that is looking for your car as it is. If time is of the essence price it cheap rather than bargain down.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
speedread
Racer

Originally Posted by kurt M
A good thing that you have the original parts. Be sure that you mention that you are including all original removed parts.

Capt. Obvious part III. Get the car in best shape you can with as many things working right (HVAC system a must) and all looking good and clean. Take lots of pictures including the spare parts. Set up a web page and post it all over. Be wary of ditherers that will waste your time with a million questions and scammers. the more you advertise the more of both you will get. There is a lid for every pot and you might find someone that is looking for your car as it is. If time is of the essence price it cheap rather than bargain down.
Do you really think anyone will care about the original parts? I just thought, looking back, that I was being obsessive with holding on to parts from my "dream car". Now that just seems silly.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Todsimpson
Racer

I would care about the original parts. I would want to put the car close to original and use it as a daily. Working AC would be a must, though.

Pulling and selling the goodies would take some time, but also bring in a nice chunk of money.

There are buyers out there who this project would appeal to, though they won't pay a premium. In that $20-$25K range they will come out.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:17 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

We went thru this about 3 years ago with a 993. Car was heavily modified DE car but did not fit into a PCA race class. We had all the original parts from the car so we put it all back to stock and relisted it. Finally got someone who wanted a DE car so we put everything back on and took out the a/c etc. Its just a matter of timing and fiding the correct buyer.

Short answer:If you need cash you are screwed, if you can afford to sit on it just wait someone will come along.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:40 PM
speedread
Racer

Originally Posted by amondc
We went thru this about 3 years ago with a 993. Car was heavily modified DE car but did not fit into a PCA race class. We had all the original parts from the car so we put it all back to stock and relisted it. Finally got someone who wanted a DE car so we put everything back on and took out the a/c etc. Its just a matter of timing and fiding the correct buyer.

Short answer:If you need cash you are screwed, if you can afford to sit on it just wait someone will come along.
This is exactly why I am reluctant to take it apart.

Quick Reply: value of my 911? How to judge?