Sponsored by:

flying lizards vs the corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
I read his comments. I also read the comments posted elsewhere by atleast one other team complaining about Jan crashing them out of the race... Real sportsman that he is...

Wayne, I like and respect you and some of the other guys over there, but We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, until everyone recognizes that both drivers were at fault. Jan's actions caused this incident, period. The chest thumping of the masses over on CF are why I've given up posting over there.

Mike Kelly

O K Mike.

Thanks for your reply.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:56 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

60/40: Jan/Jorg
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 AM
67FJ45
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the race and spent the last 30 minutes in the front straight grandstand closest to T11. It was getting dark, which actually was useful in viewing the proceedings, as the headlights were excellent indicators of position. When Bergmeister was coming around T11 on the last lap and Mags bumped him, the Porsche's headlights suddenly lurched hard to our left (toward track out). The Speed TV shot from behind the corner makes it appear more benign than it appeared in person. I'm not defending Bergmeister's action up the straight, but I doubt Mags would have rolled over if the positions had been reversed.

I also was fortunate to be standing just below the Andretti hairpin when Gavin passed the prototype on the infield and took three cars off track with him. It ruined BMW's day. Poor BMW couldn't catch a break.

It was pretty intense racing all day long, with a lot of rubbing and risky passing. The prototypes were generally well behaved when overtaking slower cars; same can't be said for some of the GT2 cars. Perhaps that shows how competitive GT2 has become.

Quick Reply: flying lizards vs the corvette