Sponsored by:

Hill Country PCA DE at TWS Oct 24, 25

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Whew... that wasn't me. I was afraid Russell had documented some ham-fisted move of mine.

I had a great weekend. It was a bit daunting at times being in white... lotsa serious hardware. It did give me PLENTY of opportunity to work on NOT getting distracted when under pressure from a following car. I did get tripped up once, resulting in a spin in the carousel, otherwise I think I improved upon a recent tendency to drive my mirrors at times.

Unfortunately, as those I did manage to say hello to can attest, I lost my voice going into the weekend and I'm just now getting it back. During the entire event it was difficult and sometimes a little painful for me to talk, so I really wasn't equipped to catch up with those of you that I'd just met at previous events.

Russell, your car looks great, and I like what you've done with the seats.

Viking, I saw your car but you weren't near it at the time. I'd still like to take you up on your offer to ride with me at some point.

Mike, I'd like to get you in my right seat as well... and I'd like a ride in your car if that's alright. I'm interested in the 996 spec formula and might look towards that someday.

Greg, I guess you decided to stick with Miatas rather than going with a 944. I think either is a great option for lots of reasons. Glad to hear the new car's working well, despite the one bug over the weekend. It's terrific that you are able to share doing this with your sons. My kid gets a huge kick out of being at these events and he's only two. Having him and my wife there makes the event that much more enjoyable for me, even though it means for his safety we tend to set up camp far away from everyone else. Not that I want the coming years to pass quickly, but I'm very much looking forward to when he's older and can become more involved.

Last edited by paralleltangent; 10-26-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paralleltangent
My kid gets a huge kick out of being at these events and he's only two. Having him and my wife there makes the event that much more enjoyable for me, even though it means for his safety we tend to set up camp far away from everyone else. Not that I want the coming years to pass quickly, but I'm very much looking forward to when he's older and can become more involved.
Kevin, sorry I didn't get a chance to visit with you. And I hope I didn't make too much racket near you guys on the braking test track with my obnoxiously loud miata when I was testing it Saturday after it lost power on the track. I tried not to get too close to the end where you guys were set up.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I really enjoyed having Mike ride with me.
That was a great session Greg, and my hearing is starting to return to normal.

Mike, I'd like to get you in my right seat as well... and I'd like a ride in your car if that's alright. I'm interested in the 996 spec formula and might look towards that someday.
I'd love to do both. I'm not an advanced instructor, but I can do my best to help out. Happy to take you for a ride too. The 996 Spec car is a fun ride. Remind me in December.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whew... that wasn't me. I was afraid Russell had documented some ham-fisted move of mine.

I had a great weekend. It was a bit daunting at times being in white... lotsa serious hardware. It did give me PLENTY of opportunity to work on NOT getting distracted when under pressure from a following car. I did get tripped up once, resulting in a spin in the carousel, otherwise I think I improved upon a recent tendency to drive my mirrors at times.

Kevin, I DID document a few of your moves, but none of them appeared to be a case of you driving your mirrors. You're right in front of me from T15 through T7 on the first lap. Looked pretty good to me. You fit right in

Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

Sorry I missed you froot loops this weekend. I'll bet you missed me more.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

VR - without your presence, the DE was simply not the same.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:43 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpenguin
I lost you on 105 going back to the Woodies. Did you get pulled over?

JP
No, I did not get pulled over but just took it easy the last miles. Just did not want to follow the flying dutch anymore. Your car sounds good under full throttle ...
Old 10-26-2009, 04:07 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Originally Posted by TR6
Kevin, sorry I didn't get a chance to visit with you. And I hope I didn't make too much racket near you guys on the braking test track with my obnoxiously loud miata when I was testing it Saturday after it lost power on the track. I tried not to get too close to the end where you guys were set up.
Not at all... I don't even remember that so it couldn't have been too obnoxious or perhaps we weren't even around when you did it. Besides, Max likes loud cars so it would have just been entertaining. Hopefully we can catch up next time.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Kevin, I DID document a few of your moves, but none of them appeared to be a case of you driving your mirrors. You're right in front of me from T15 through T7 on the first lap. Looked pretty good to me. You fit right in
Awesome, thank you. You keep editing your videos to make me look good and there's plenty of beer in my cooler for you at the end of the day.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Sorry I missed you froot loops this weekend. I'll bet you missed me more.

Yeah, we missed you Captain Crunch. Especially during the 2nd run on Saturday. Wow!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

Yeah, we missed you Captain Crunch. Especially during the 3rd run on Saturday. Wow!
What happened?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

2nd run, that is. (Fixed the prior post).

We got paired up to do lead/follow. Something like 15 pairings or so pairings based on similarly capable cars. GT3's together, 944's together, spec boxsters, caymans, etc.... care to guess how that turned out?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:59 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd run, that is. (Fixed the prior post).

We got paired up to do lead/follow. Something like 15 pairings or so pairings based on similarly capable cars. GT3's together, 944's together, spec boxsters, caymans, etc.... care to guess how that turned out?
Thankfully, that was the one white session I missed. I heard it was a cluster. Literally.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Yikes... yeah, I'd all but forgotten about that... ugh... thanks for reminding me. I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting VR, but if he could have done ANYTHING about that debacle then I missed him too.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah, this little gaggle of traffic was screaming down the straight at over 150 while 5 or 6 cars are still cruising down the hot pit lane. I thought I was going to collect every one of these guys on my back side as I tried to slow them down to let the last of the grid get in front of us (for a 2nd double yellow warm up lap).

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/Hill-Co...28_hwMRA/Large

I just noticed that you can see me looking right, towards the pit lane, saying "WTF?"

Quick Reply: Hill Country PCA DE at TWS Oct 24, 25