Sponsored by:

Hill Country PCA DE at TWS Oct 24, 25

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Yeah, I wish I could have done the Patrick Long event, but it just wasn't in the cards this year. Too much going on.
+1 Not in the cards this year for me either. Dissapointed I can't make it.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Gents,

A Dutch buddy of mine, married to a lovely American lady here, moved to Houston on a green card about a year ago and is looking for a job as a mechanic.

This is what his resume says:
"Highly trained and dedicated auto mechanic with over seventeen years of experience on European and Japanese cars, which is distinguished by a proven track record of efficient and effective automotive execution including vehicle repair, maintenance, and annual inspections. Credentials include satisfying the stringent requirements for master mechanic certification and safety regulated annual inspection certification from my native country, the Netherlands. My professional certifications are with the Automotive Technical Group (Atg) and Innovam (www.innovam.nl) which are the Netherland’s leading training and assessment centers for the automotive industry."

So far he has been struggling to find a position in the Houston area. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance, Joost
Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the track! It's been far too long. My last DE was in May! Gheez!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it also. Can't wait to debut my new (to me) track car.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:43 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Looking forward to seeing all of you at the track! It's been far too long. My last DE was in May! Gheez!!
It's about time we saw you back at the track Adrienne! Bring your martini glass!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just came back from a great event. Finally made it to yellow in my 'new' C4S. Thanks to all the people that made this a great weekend!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:41 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Highlights from the weekend:

• Hanging out with deep_uv: an unplanned bonus! It was great to see you, man. Next time, you gotta drive!
  • Seeing all of Greg's DE prodigy: You're gonna need some more cars soon.
  • Haggling used Hoho prices with Richard. I have no idea if either of us got a good deal, and went home worrying that they may have gone squirmy on you later in the day. Let me know if you need a rebate.
  • Riding with globe... here's a sneak preview; more to come....http://www.vimeo.com/7256971
Old 10-26-2009, 01:58 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

And a fun weekend was had by all , especially with the wonderful weather that we had !
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I could not have had a better time instructing this weekend. Moved my blue student to solo, and my green to blue. And getting to ride with Russell, Greg, and John was a huge bonus. All three were driving great. Thanks for giving me a chance to work on my instructing skills. Russell, that GT3 is insane. The power just keeps on coming, and the think is planted.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
TR6
Drifting

Had a great weekend in the miata. Made more special because my son Eric was doing his first DE with us and my other Brian hung out to visit. As was mentioned, it was great seeing Steve T at the track. It's been way too long! And Russell, John, and Mike of course. I really enjoyed having Mike ride with me.

I have to call out a special thanks to Viking for saving the weekend for me and my son with our miata. It developed a power loss issue that made it so I barely was able to limp back to the pit on Saturday morning (at least I didn't get stranded out there and cause a black flag). Viking sorted out the problem for me and the car ran like a champ the rest of the weekend!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A few more clips from Sunday. White run group. 1st run of the day...

Green Flag: John flips us the bird, and globe responds

The rest of lap 1

A clean run down the straight, pushing hard all the way through T12

How to distract a 944 driver

Whoops! tracking out of T12
Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Originally Posted by e9stibi
Just came back from a great event. Finally made it to yellow in my 'new' C4S. Thanks to all the people that made this a great weekend!
I lost you on 105 going back to the Woodies. Did you get pulled over?

JP
Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6

I have to call out a special thanks to Viking for saving the weekend for me and my son with our miata. It developed a power loss issue that made it so I barely was able to limp back to the pit on Saturday morning (at least I didn't get stranded out there and cause a black flag). Viking sorted out the problem for me and the car ran like a champ the rest of the weekend!

Glad I could help out.
Next weekend I need to go for a ride with you, maybe even drive your car myself and show you a few different ways around the track. I still pedal ok for an old guy. If you need a reference ask John, we had a fun run on the last session of the day.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Glad I could help out.
Next weekend I need to go for a ride with you, maybe even drive your car myself and show you a few different ways around the track. I still pedal ok for an old guy. If you need a reference ask John, we had a fun run on the last session of the day.
I'll absolutely take you up on both. I talked to John last night and it sounds like he really learned a lot from you driving his car with him in it. I know I'm leaving a lot on the table in several places around the track and I'm definitely overslowing for some turns.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Originally Posted by onefastviking
And a fun weekend was had by all , especially with the wonderful weather that we had !
Viking,

It was a pleasure having you in my right seat. I wanted to ask you to drive my car for some feedback and maybe some of your secret sauce, but I corded my front tires and headed out before the last session.

Maybe next time.

Joost

Quick Reply: Hill Country PCA DE at TWS Oct 24, 25