Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I don't like Alonso

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:07 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Alonso, he's a good hard driver. But I also like Montoya and Robby Gordon so wtf do I know.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:19 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry, but I'm still trying to figure out A. Wayne and why each thread goes back to Michael Schumacher? I'm thinking it's a passive aggressive trait that he holds Schumacher as the gold standard as he is the only 7 time world champ and so anyone else that has on and off track transgretions must be held up to that standard.

Regardless, I don't know of any WDC that wasn't a *****. It's the way they are wired. We can't begin to understand, at that high level, what is on the line, mainly money, contracts, prestige and mostly for the drivers, immortality.

Immortality and their legacy is why I believe A. Wayne cannot get off of his obsession with Michael Schumacher. He probably didn't like MS much, but at the end of the day, he's the most successful F1 driver of all time. Whether Fernando Alonso gets close to 7 titles is yet to be determined, but with Ferrari, he has the best shot he will ever have because Renault is not going to be on top year in and year out, McLaren was going to back Hamilton 100% and FA could see the writing on the wall that he had no future there. Hence why I believe in the end he blackmailed the team.

In the end, each driver, no matter how noble their public image is only at with a team to get their own WDC -- The rest is noise. Now the only question is how much collateral damage will Alonso do to Ferrari before his departure?

My feeling is that ALonso will get at least 1 perhaps 2 WDC at Ferrari, but no more. From what can be seen to the outside, he doesn't possess the ability to stay and build within a team for the long term.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:13 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of you still assume that Ferrari is still a major force..............they got caught totally out in the cold (it is becoming a habit, lol)at the beginning of the season and still today they are not even on the Mac level who are maybe on par on certain tracks with the Brawns while the season winds down...........they have not been dominant for more than three years, actually sliding each year a little and it ain't getting any better.

Best case scenerio is that they might pick up a WDC over the next 2-5 years but no way are they going to be the absolute masters they were 5 years ago. No way no how , Alonso or not, plus there is no guarantee that he is able to park Massa, he could not decisively outclass Hamilton and Massa is easily at this stage of the game Hamiltons equal in terms of speed.

Lauda,Prost,Mansell, Alesi etc all had major problems at one time or another at Ferrari, that place always had been a snakepit, MS was the only one who relatively cruised at ease..............but mark my words , the snakepit is back.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Shame , i have a lot , the MODS love me ..........
To quote Sunday Drivers aformentioned reply:

Nope - not a single one.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is sorta like the F1 version of a Michael Vick thread.....
Old 10-03-2009, 11:07 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So in qualifying in Japan Alonso complains about other drivers not slowing for the yellow flag, but in the end he gets penalized for the same action.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:17 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
So in qualifying in Japan Alonso complains about other drivers not slowing for the yellow flag, but in the end he gets penalized for the same action.
THAT was freaking hilarious.

After reading some of the other comments, a thought hit me. If FA is such a class act, why didn't he publicly apologize for the actions of his team, whether he was part of that or not. They may well have stolen a WDC from the rightful winner with that little 'incident'. If he were a real class act, he would not have mentioned Flavio, but would have apologized for the possibility that his team, through their cheating, denied a WDC to someone.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Sofa king true.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Forget Alonso, my new driver is Buemi. If he ever completes a hot lap it will be a burner. I just hope he can find a team that can afford to build 30 or 40 cars a year.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:03 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Forget Alonso, my new driver is Buemi. If he ever completes a hot lap it will be a burner. I just hope he can find a team that can afford to build 30 or 40 cars a year.
I am with you on that. It was a NOTABLE qualifying session for him.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by bobt993
"Alonso’s excuse that he was blinded by Buemi’s dust and therefore didn’t see the yellow flags cut no mustard with the stewards"

ROFLMAO!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:35 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Hmmm, I thought Alonso told the Stewards he was concerned about the cars behind him so he drove over the debris as fast as he could to scatter obstruction.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:02 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Sorry, but I'm still trying to figure out A. Wayne and why each thread goes back to Michael Schumacher? I'm thinking it's a passive aggressive trait that he holds Schumacher as the gold standard as he is the only 7 time world champ and so anyone else that has on and off track transgretions must be held up to that standard.

Regardless, I don't know of any WDC that wasn't a *****. It's the way they are wired. We can't begin to understand, at that high level, what is on the line, mainly money, contracts, prestige and mostly for the drivers, immortality.

Immortality and their legacy is why I believe A. Wayne cannot get off of his obsession with Michael Schumacher. He probably didn't like MS much, but at the end of the day, he's the most successful F1 driver of all time. Whether Fernando Alonso gets close to 7 titles is yet to be determined, but with Ferrari, he has the best shot he will ever have because Renault is not going to be on top year in and year out, McLaren was going to back Hamilton 100% and FA could see the writing on the wall that he had no future there. Hence why I believe in the end he blackmailed the team.

In the end, each driver, no matter how noble their public image is only at with a team to get their own WDC -- The rest is noise. Now the only question is how much collateral damage will Alonso do to Ferrari before his departure?

My feeling is that ALonso will get at least 1 perhaps 2 WDC at Ferrari, but no more. From what can be seen to the outside, he doesn't possess the ability to stay and build within a team for the long term.
Wow, all about me what year did you win your WDC?......

Originally Posted by Abby
This is sorta like the F1 version of a Michael Vick thread.....

Originally Posted by JimB
Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
Most of you still assume that Ferrari is still a major force..............they got caught totally out in the cold (it is becoming a habit, lol)at the beginning of the season and still today they are not even on the Mac level who are maybe on par on certain tracks with the Brawns while the season winds down...........they have not been dominant for more than three years, actually sliding each year a little and it ain't getting any better.

Best case scenerio is that they might pick up a WDC over the next 2-5 years but no way are they going to be the absolute masters they were 5 years ago. No way no how , Alonso or not, plus there is no guarantee that he is able to park Massa, he could not decisively outclass Hamilton and Massa is easily at this stage of the game Hamiltons equal in terms of speed.

Lauda,Prost,Mansell, Alesi etc all had major problems at one time or another at Ferrari, that place always had been a snakepit, MS was the only one who relatively cruised at ease..............but mark my words , the snakepit is back.
Massa .. LOL not on the same level ..

I expect 2010 to be the beginning of the LH and FA show , FA will win 3 over the next 5 yrs ..
Old 10-03-2009, 02:28 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Massa .. LOL not on the same level ..

I expect 2010 to be the beginning of the LH and FA show , FA will win 3 over the next 5 yrs ..
FA has already won A-hole of the year for the last few years and he will continue to be the biggest A-hole on the track until he retires.

I will love to here his excuses when he fails.

He is so much a d!ck he makes T.O. and Randy Moss look like team players.

With the ruling last night the F1 stewarts have surpassed Professional Wrestling and NASCAR in trying to manage the outcome.

Quick Reply: Why I don't like Alonso