Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Default Kimi to McLaren

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...20103457.shtml
Old 09-20-2009 | 09:59 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I doubt this will workout well for Kimi. With the favortism toward LH and the shananagans McLaren has pulls the last 2 yrs with it's #2 driver, I can't imagine Kimi being allowed to show up LH.

He won't get the new bits for his car. I will be very pissed watching my favorite driver being dissed. He should go to Brawn where he would be #1.
Old 09-20-2009 | 10:05 AM
DanR
Drifting

interesting! It is clear they need a decent number 2 (or equal 1)
Old 09-20-2009 | 10:20 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

i think we're going to find out just how fast LH is
Old 09-20-2009 | 10:21 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I doubt this will workout well for Kimi. With the favortism toward LH and the shananagans McLaren has pulls the last 2 yrs with it's #2 driver, I can't imagine Kimi being allowed to show up LH.

He won't get the new bits for his car. I will be very pissed watching my favorite driver being dissed. He should go to Brawn where he would be #1.

Heikki? He had just as good of a car ALL last year and managed to move backwards in just about every race, which he still continues to do. Always backpedaling through the field.

Don't try to make an issue out of something that's not worth paying attention to.

Besides, wasn't Felipe getting the new bits at Ferrari before Kimi got them? Didn't see much complaining then (except from Finn). That could possibly mean that since there is no testing and teams don't know if the additions will help or hurt, they give the #1 driver the bits first, and hold on the second car.

But of course since Lewis is involved, any old nonsense should fly right.
Old 09-20-2009 | 10:58 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I don't know how bad a move back to McLaren would be for Kimi. All he really wants to do is drive, and if Lewis likes the car setup anywhere near the way Kimi likes it, it should be a very interesting season for McLaren. Plus I am sure that there are still some at McLaren who maintain contact with Kimi and he would feel comfortable right away.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-20-2009 | 11:04 AM
FredC
Drifting

Ha ha ha there he goes again...

Originally Posted by wanna911

Heikki? He had just as good of a car ALL last year and managed to move backwards in just about every race, which he still continues to do. Always backpedaling through the field.

Don't try to make an issue out of something that's not worth paying attention to.

Besides, wasn't Felipe getting the new bits at Ferrari before Kimi got them? Didn't see much complaining then (except from Finn). That could possibly mean that since there is no testing and teams don't know if the additions will help or hurt, they give the #1 driver the bits first, and hold on the second car.

Old 09-20-2009 | 11:22 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FredC
Ha ha ha there he goes again...
Qu'est que c'est?
Old 09-20-2009 | 12:24 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

You can't see that LH gets preferential treatment? What is the name of your CA doctor?
Old 09-20-2009 | 12:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Heikki? He had just as good of a car ALL last year ...
Based on television and print stories, I would beg to differ.
It was mentioned on SpeedTV on several occasions Hamilton was running new CF bits, as the team was "only able to produce one set".
Old 09-20-2009 | 12:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...571594,00.html
Old 09-20-2009 | 12:42 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

This is a new McLaren team that KR is going back to. No more Ron Dennis and his preferential treatment for LH. If anything, Martin Whitmarsh stated that the biggest mistake of his career was the way FA was handled and how a driver of his caliber was let go. He has a more honest style of running McLaren.
Raj
Old 09-20-2009 | 02:04 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by ltc
Based on television and print stories, I would beg to differ.
It was mentioned on SpeedTV on several occasions Hamilton was running new CF bits, as the team was "only able to produce one set".
Who cares about CF bits, Heikki still had one of the 4 best cars on the grid week in and week out last year, and he still got passed by lesser cars on a regular basis and moved backwards from his start position almost every race.

12 of 18 races he finished behind where he started, with a top 4 car. Meanwhile Lewis had half of those at 6, Felipe at 7, and Kimi at 9 to round out the top 4 cars on the grid. This includes failures of which we know the Mclaren has very few of compared to everyone else. Heikki was clearly out of his league running with the better guys on the grid.

Not only that, he still got beat by his teamate, both Ferrari's, both BMW's and a Renault. Can't blame that on the CF bits.

Originally Posted by paradisenb
You can't see that LH gets preferential treatment? What is the name of your CA doctor?
I'm not saying he doesn't, but that's a general statement, and doesn't factor in that there is a driver on EVERY team that gets preferential treatment when it comes to parts and fuel strategies.

I'm saying you're point is useless, is what I'm saying, because there is no differentiation as to what's so wrong about it compared to what's going on at other teams. But the Lewis hate ignorance makes a big deal out of what is and has been the norm for many years.
Old 09-20-2009 | 06:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Heikki? He had just as good of a car ALL last year ..
Again, your statement is incorrect, based on public comments from various sources.

LH was given the updates to the car (normally fabricated from CF) always before HK.
(not unlike Alonso getting the updates well ahead of Nelson Jr).

Most notably were the updates related to the rear diffuser early on the season (after the 'double diffuser' was deemed legal by the FIA) and more importantly the update to the front wing (to help airflow to the rear spoiler), which was the probably the single largest reason for the sudden re-emergence of the McLaren toward the end of the season...although I am still unconvinced that Mercedes hasn't done something to increase the engine performance.

Therefore, your statement "Who cares about CF bits" is invalid, since it IS the reason LH and HK have NOT had equal cars all season.
Old 09-20-2009 | 06:55 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by ltc
Again, your statement is incorrect, based on public comments from various sources.

LH was given the updates to the car (normally fabricated from CF) always before HK.
(not unlike Alonso getting the updates well ahead of Nelson Jr).

Most notably were the updates related to the rear diffuser early on the season (after the 'double diffuser' was deemed legal by the FIA) and more importantly the update to the front wing (to help airflow to the rear spoiler), which was the probably the single largest reason for the sudden re-emergence of the McLaren toward the end of the season...although I am still unconvinced that Mercedes hasn't done something to increase the engine performance.

Therefore, your statement "Who cares about CF bits" is invalid, since it IS the reason LH and HK have NOT had equal cars all season.
He's talking about last year not this year.

Quick Reply: Kimi to McLaren