Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Italian GP at Monza?
Kimi
24.44%
Fisi
13.33%
Hamilton
11.11%
Heikki
0%
Button
8.89%
Rubens
11.11%
Vettel
15.56%
Webber
4.44%
Heidfeld
2.22%
Kubica
2.22%
Sutil
0%
Trulli
2.22%
Glock
0%
Miss Alonso
2.22%
Either one of the Williams drivers
0%
Sato
2.22%
Other
0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2009 F1 Italian GP at historic Monza: Preview, Predictions, discussion.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

not the finish I was expecting...
Old 09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
...Kimi must be getting ALLLLLL the new parts... (where's the Finn)...
...If that is the case, with Massa's condition, I can see a clear #1 driver emerging at Ferrari. Send the Finn another bottle!!!
Interesting to see what has happened to Ferrari & Kimi's pace when Massa hasn't been there and the team has focused on Kimi more...
Before Hungary, Kimi had scored 10 points in 9 races (1.11 pts/race), from that point on, Kimi has scored 30 points in 4 races (7.5 pts/race)... Coincident?

I've said this from the point when Kimi started, Ferrari should've & should focus on making the car the way he wants, not what Massa wants. What's happening now is a clear example of the reslts, Kimi has scored more points than anyone else since Hungary.

Awesome drive again in a car that clearly is not as good as Brawn, McLaren and at the moment, Force India.

KUDOS to Vitantonio Luizzi!!!!

The guy hasn't driven an F1 car in 2 years and the last time he did, the Toro Rosso was running a V10 instead of the V8. Goes to a totally different car, on slicks on the lowest downforce track on the calender and not only gets into Q3, but is top 7 and heavy on fuel!!!!!

I hope he doesn't get taken out on the first corner tomorrow. I really want to see him do well....
Originally Posted by ltc
Former CRG factory driver and karting champion...very nice guy too.
Force India again was the best or at least very similarly good as Brawn but still awesome to see Liuzzi to do so good and no doubt that was impressive with the lack of driving.
I wouldn't call him that fast though, poor guy was slower than I couple of years ago...
(OK, it was in a million euro F1 simulator and not in a real car but still)

BTW, Pete, famous last words? Didn't you talk about Hamilton & how he has matured etc. (which I completely agree) and then he does what he does in last lap...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Interesting to see what has happened to Ferrari & Kimi's pace when Massa hasn't been there and the team has focused on Kimi more...
Before Hungary, Kimi had scored 10 points in 9 races (1.11 pts/race), from that point on, Kimi has scored 30 points in 4 races (7.5 pts/race)... Coincident?

I've said this from the point when Kimi started, Ferrari should've & should focus on making the car the way he wants, not what Massa wants. What's happening now is a clear example of the reslts, Kimi has scored more points than anyone else since Hungary.

Kimi is driving for his job ............ Hence the fire under his **** approach..

Autosport :
Kimi Raikkonen's run of four consecutive podium finishes is still not enough to guarantee his place at Ferrari next year, team principal Stefano Domenicali suggested on Sunday night.

Finn stop mixing the Patron with Amigo Kool-aid .........

I'm not. I hated to see yesterday's race and how Rubens got treated but no matter how you put it, Button has been faster.

At Honda, Rubens often qualified better but Button finished better in races so that to me is a better, faster race driver.

Wayne,

It amazes me how you pick one topic and debate that one thing no matter how flawed your arguement.

I'm not a Button fan, but Rubens has been faster than Button in exactly 1 out of 5 races this year. That means Button has been faster in 80% of the races and yes, team orders were in effect yesterday, but don't pretend to tell us Rubens is faster than Button. We all saw what has transpired over the 5 races.

+1

Rubens certainly can't match the pace of Button's but I do feel for him, he must feel awful to be in the same position again where he was before with Brawn when he had to pave the way for Schumi.

I responded to Pete's post by agreeing Barichello is slower and that it's awful to see him treated again like he was treated before so completely agreeing that these fictional finishes are crap.

Do, do, doo doo, .. bam ,bam .. lou lou ... ohhh yeah. .... turn to the left , turn to the right .........

Drive of the race : Barrichello ...

Congrats Rubin , you might have raisins for nuts, but you can still lay it to Golden spoon and show the Amigo chumps where it's at even at 37.................

Congrats : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWIAI...eature=related

Numbnut move of the race :

The 2 Toyota's ... WTF were those 2 thinking , fighting for the checkered ?

The KR Drunk Driving award:

S. Vettel ... I guess his training wheels need adjusting .......................

The ohh so hard for nothing Award :

Ohhh lewis .... I was hoping you could peg it to golden Spoon, all for naught .............................

The Luca Badoer Speed Trophy

Fizzy ......... Hey will someone please pinch Fizzy ....
Attached Images    

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-13-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:03 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Who were the other 4 people that picked Barichello?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good race.

Congrats to RB

The "one stop" strategy definitely proved to be the right call

Last edited by Ray S; 09-14-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome drive again in a car that clearly is not as good as Brawn, McLaren and at the moment, Force India.

Force India again was the best or at least very similarly good as Brawn but still awesome to see Liuzzi to do so good and no doubt that was impressive with the lack of driving.
I wouldn't call him that fast though, poor guy was slower than I couple of years ago...
(OK, it was in a million euro F1 simulator and not in a real car but still)

BTW, Pete, famous last words? Didn't you talk about Hamilton & how he has matured etc. (which I completely agree) and then he does what he does in last lap...
Sorry, but Massa was cleaning up against Kimi for the past 2 years. Kimi may have scored 30 points in the past 4 races. Who is to say that Massa wouldn't have scored 40 points in those 4 races? Kimi has been slower than Massa week in and week out with Kimi putting in a "Fast Lap" on lap 56 of 58. Big deal.

Hamilton is still Hamilton. Good result when the car is great. Poor result when the car is not good and too many DNF's. I had flash backs to Canada 2008 when he nailed Kimi on a red light at pit out.

HAMILTON = MAJOR FAIL
Old 09-14-2009, 04:44 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,055 Likes on 577 Posts

hamilton, if racing for the championship, MAYBE it's okay to push that hard- but in 3rd pushing for 2nd, looked like he got on the KERS too early. darn. glad my installation of kimi in the RL f1 league netted me some points...
Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Actually, I think Lewis did OK in my book. Looking at how light he was compared to the Brawns in qualifying, it was clear that the Brawns had the superior pace. But Lewis drove very hard and was the ONLY car in the race to give the Brawns any sort of concern, although by the end the Brawns had things well in hand.

Driving 10/10ths, losing it on the last lap and then admitting fault and apologizing to the team – I don’t think he needs to hang his head in shame at all. He really is one of the RACING drivers of the bunch.

Actually, if he WAS racing for the championship – then I think it would have been less wise to push so hard. As it is, McLaren is racing for wins only.

The Red Bulls well-and-truly seemed to lose touch in the championship this weekend. Although mathematically still possible, it must be very unlikely now for Webber or Vettel to prevail. If they get the Mercedes power next year, maybe that will be the key?

RB drove a perfect race and fully deserves the win. JB was right there too, just a smidgen off on his teammate I would say - was also quite gracious about it afterwards. It seems he has gotten back into the groove.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amjf088
RB drove a perfect race and fully deserves the win. JB was right there too, just a smidgen off on his teammate I would say - was also quite gracious about it afterwards. It seems he has gotten back into the groove.
I can see Wayne apoplectic right now, but Brawn 1-2s for the rest of the season will give JB the WDC. They should go very well in Singapore.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,898 Posts

I was thinking the same thing too Larry. IF Rubens is able to out race Button for the balance of the season and come in just 1 place in front of him, Button will still win the championship.

I agree with you guys, with 4 to go, it's going to be a Brawn on top of the WDC. The Red Bulls are just too far away.

Man, I feel for Luizzi. Dude on on it and going to score some major points. Too bad. Force India has to keep him on.

Maybe, Ross Brawn can engineer a scenario where Rubens crashes in Singapore to give Button the race win and guarantee his championship?

Larry, I see you have the field covered and picked the Monza GP winner in 2 of the 9 polls. Congrats!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
HAMILTON = MAJOR FAIL
I disagree. In my opinion Hamilton has matured a lot this season.

Despite having to deal with a crap car this season (which has only recently started to improve) he has shown some real moments of great driving this year.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I can see Wayne apoplectic right now, but Brawn 1-2s for the rest of the season will give JB the WDC. They should go very well in Singapore.
Yeah ! Golden Spoon for WDC ...

Originally Posted by Pete the silly amigo

Wayne,

It amazes me how you pick one topic and debate that one thing no matter how flawed your arguement.

I'm not a Button fan, but Rubens has been faster than Button in exactly 1 out of 5 races this year. That means Button has been faster in 80% of the races and yes, team orders were in effect yesterday, but don't pretend to tell us Rubens is faster than Button. We all saw what has transpired over the 5 races.
2009 WWF1 DC.................... golden Spoon

Originally Posted by Ray S
I disagree. In my opinion Hamilton has matured a lot this season.

Despite having to deal with a crap car this season (which has only recently started to improve) he has shown some real moments of great driving this year.
+1 Amigo
Hamilton is doing just fine , this year is the best thing that ever happened to him , he is still the no2 driver in F1 and i can't fault the guy for being a racer ...
Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry, I see you have the field covered and picked the Monza GP winner in 2 of the 9 polls. Congrats!!!
Hey, you spread your chips around the Roulette table too, don't you?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
^^ Is that Rubin ahead of Button .... damn ! who woulda thunk it ...
I did along with 4 other Rennlisters!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
I did along with 4 other Rennlisters!

Quick Reply: 2009 F1 Italian GP at historic Monza: Preview, Predictions, discussion.