Patrick Long DE/Race clinic at MSR

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:22 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,262 Likes on 611 Posts

guys like Rob I'll have my spbox at the track and available for rental, I'll get a passenger seat and belts thrown in before it goes down. I'm going to be out of town but hope you all have a great time.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by redcar1
Hey Glen,
I responded to your email, but thought I'd post here too.
I'm almost certainly 'in' for one day; but wanted to confirm that, by design, I can do just one of the two days, is that right?

I'm more likely to do Tuesday the 27th. I may try to rent a car, or bring one.

Thanks very much,

Mark
Yes You can do one day, most are doing both. As of now both the 996 Cup and Spec Miata are available.

I will have a fairly hard cost number by end of next week and will let everyone know exactly what to expect. The main variables being Patrick's expenses, private full day track rental, ontrack EMS and firm headcount. I will also post here when its full and then we will do a wait list for the others.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Glen
Race Car

Red face

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
guys like Rob I'll have my spbox at the track and available for rental, I'll get a passenger seat and belts thrown in before it goes down. I'm going to be out of town but hope you all have a great time.
CJ, looks like we will have renters for both Spec Boxes. PM me Your cell when You can.
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Darren, looks like 2 of You are coming down, 1 will likely leave their car also for the winter so yes thats no problem and obviously You can fly in and get some seat time during the winter while its there. The garage is 210/mo and You get full use of the building and its amenities while there.
who is the other from Chicago? Would like to make contact and see if transport is possible.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by darrendeguire
who is the other from Chicago? Would like to make contact and see if transport is possible.
Right now Chulo (ben g) and Andy j are looking at making the trip. If you get the cars down early you can run the hallett pca race with us and have Topp support you and he will transport back to MSR and have the cars ready for Pat Long.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
JimmiLew
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glen,

I sent you a note to your gmail account. Kindly email me back. Thanks!

JL
Old 09-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by ervtx
Awesome. Thanks for coordinating this Glen.

Does the tech form need to be completed by a recognized shop, or is it a self-declaration? If the former, is there a requisite timeframe for the inspection (e.g. completed within xx days of Oct. 26)?
I would like the tech form a couple of weeks prior to the event or after Your last track event in the car, whichever is later. What we are after is of course You have checked Your cars condition and made sure it is safe and ready for an event. Self tech is fine but of course really check the items, dont just check the boxes!! Not that anyone would ever do that of course...lol
Topp can also tech it should You need any last minute items addressed.
Thanks for the clarification query.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by JimmiLew
Glen,

I sent you a note to your gmail account. Kindly email me back. Thanks!

JL
J,
You have a detailed response now, sorry I just missed Your note!
Best to You and Yours!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 PM
JimmiLew
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Bud. Back atchya!

JL
Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Chulo
Racer

Darren - I'm seriously thinking about it. I'm in Barrington. We should talk offline.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:17 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chulo
Darren - I'm seriously thinking about it. I'm in Barrington. We should talk offline.
Me too. My mobile is 815.793.5400, dadeguire@gmail.com. I'm in Lakewood. If I can make the schedule work I will leave my car in Tx for the winter. I grew up in Ft Worth and all my family is there. It would be good to get the heck out of the horrid winterwonderland that we've had the last two years. I can't do the Hallet race, although that's a good idea. I will be out of town that weekend. Getting the car there is the issue. I don't have a trailer. I actually drove my car to Road America last weekend. HA! I've used Uship.com to get my car back and forth to Orlando for my custom cage this winter. Interesting site and had a good experience with the shipper that I ended up going with. It was $550 enclosed each way. Maybe we can get a deal or something with him to go to Texas for us. Lets connect.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Glen
Race Car

Me too. My mobile is 815.793.5400, dadeguire@gmail.com. I'm in Lakewood. If I can make the schedule work I will leave my car in Tx for the winter. I grew up in Ft Worth and all my family is there. It would be good to get the heck out of the horrid winterwonderland that we've had the last two years. I can't do the Hallet race, although that's a good idea. I will be out of town that weekend. Getting the car there is the issue. I don't have a trailer. I actually drove my car to Road America last weekend. HA! I've used Uship.com to get my car back and forth to Orlando for my custom cage this winter. Interesting site and had a good experience with the shipper that I ended up going with. It was $550 enclosed each way. Maybe we can get a deal or something with him to go to Texas for us. Lets connect.
We all like to run Sebring so You can run that event with Us at the beginning of next year also, I think Chi town is still cold in Feb, right? lol Anyway Your imagination is the limit and then pick a race You want to actually get Your car and it will be there. Hope You can make it happen.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
We all like to run Sebring so You can run that event with Us at the beginning of next year also, I think Chi town is still cold in Feb, right? lol Anyway Your imagination is the limit and then pick a race You want to actually get Your car and it will be there. Hope You can make it happen.
Good idea re Sebring. Learned to drive years ago. BTW, I didn't mention but i met Patrick at the Motorsports open house in LA a few years ago. Quite the nice person. If I can make it i have an Oakley surprise planned for him.
Cold in February? Nah, just lots of snow and salt on the roads. Who am i to complain tho. I'm sure its worse in MN.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, it is official: I'll fly in from San Diego Monday and participate on Tuesday! Can't wait; the last one was great, and I get to see friends and drive MSR again!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Great to see you again Ed! Sorry Ruby won't be here to enjoy it also.

Quick Reply: Patrick Long DE/Race clinic at MSR