Sponsored by:

Patrick Long DE/Race clinic at MSR

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:41 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I guess what I was really looking for was feedback to my question on the arrive/drive Miata.
I can have my Spec Boxster available for you as well and put you up in the Villa for the night.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
I can have my Spec Boxster available for you as well and put you up in the Villa for the night.
Well **** Rob, now I gotta give you a buzz and see if I can pull this off!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 AM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested! Will stay tuned.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in, any day. Will work around your (his) schedule. This is not an "everyday" opportunity!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Shooting for 27-28 so far, can add a day potentially on either end if headcount merits.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Shooting for 27-28 so far, can add a day potentially on either end if headcount merits.
Wonderful news. I can do that. Can Bryan also make that?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

I've blocked the 27th and 28th on my calendar. Woo Hoo! Can't wait.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Glen
Race Car

Ok we are firming up the headcount now. Those of You who emailed me at believeracing@gmail.com should have a a response now. If You dont please zip me a note. If You haven't emailed please do so with Your interest so I can do a cost workup for everyone asap. Once again the firm dates are 10/ 27-28. We will all get together the eve of the 26th for dinner prior to the event and likely again on the 27th. There will be several very advanced instructors in addition to Pat to assist. You can get a room at the Best Western and You can store Your car and trailer there trackside should You need to before during and after the event to make logistics easier. Both days will be private track days so tracktime will be only physically/equipment limited. Topp Racing can prep Your car should You need help with that prior to the event and can be reached at toppracing@gmail.com. Please make sure You car is ready, complete a tech form from any of the series You compete/drive in and get that emailed to me, bringing the physical form to the event. All I can think of for now, will get costs back to everyone as soon as the headcount is firmed up. Pat is actually very excited, he had a blast doing these before and loves working with people/sharing his experience and knowledge! He is really looking forward to it also!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Did you get your silver cup up and running? I may have to take a plunge and see if I can drive that thing!
Yes its actually perfect now and currently available as is the Spec Miata, just ping me if You want to look at those options instead of Your own car.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Ok we are firming up the headcount now. Those of You who emailed me at believeracing@gmail.com should have a a response now. If You dont please zip me a note. If You haven't emailed please do so with Your interest so I can do a cost workup for everyone asap. Once again the firm dates are 10/ 27-28. We will all get together the eve of the 26th for dinner prior to the event and likely again on the 27th. There will be several very advanced instructors in addition to Pat to assist. You can get a room at the Best Western and You can store Your car and trailer there trackside should You need to before during and after the event to make logistics easier. Both days will be private track days so tracktime will be only physically/equipment limited. Topp Racing can prep Your car should You need help with that prior to the event and can be reached at toppracing@gmail.com. Please make sure You car is ready, complete a tech form from any of the series You compete/drive in and get that emailed to me, bringing the physical form to the event. All I can think of for now, will get costs back to everyone as soon as the headcount is firmed up. Pat is actually very excited, he had a blast doing these before and loves working with people/sharing his experience and knowledge! He is really looking forward to it also!
Confirmed.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome. Thanks for coordinating this Glen.

Does the tech form need to be completed by a recognized shop, or is it a self-declaration? If the former, is there a requisite timeframe for the inspection (e.g. completed within xx days of Oct. 26)?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone coming from chicago for this event? I would love to get down there for this.

Glen, I like the idea of keeping my car down there for winters. it would give me a chance to escape the winter doldrums here and see some family as well.

BTW, Glen it was good to hook up and meet at Road America for the club races. I had a great time out there. Not too much action in J class but racing with some of the GT cars was fun.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Yes its actually perfect now and currently available as is the Spec Miata, just ping me if You want to look at those options instead of Your own car.
Thanks Glen. I may bug you on a regular member day to try out the silver Cup. I would hate to be a rolling chicane while Patrick is there. Better to slow up members on a member day. Besides, I want to get some video of Patrick driving MY car (old school, baby!). Maybe even get him to do something cheesy like sign the inside of the hood!

Just to confirm, you *DO* have me down for both days, correct Kimo Sabe?

Did Sam ever get back to you on participating? He's in Monza for the Italian GP, but is reachable. If he hasn't let you know, I can ping him unless you're full up.

Thanks for putting this together Glen. It's gonna be another blast!

Toby
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
redcar1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Glen,
I responded to your email, but thought I'd post here too.
I'm almost certainly 'in' for one day; but wanted to confirm that, by design, I can do just one of the two days, is that right?

I'm more likely to do Tuesday the 27th. I may try to rent a car, or bring one.

Thanks very much,

Mark
Old 09-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by darrendeguire
Anyone coming from chicago for this event? I would love to get down there for this.

Glen, I like the idea of keeping my car down there for winters. it would give me a chance to escape the winter doldrums here and see some family as well.

BTW, Glen it was good to hook up and meet at Road America for the club races. I had a great time out there. Not too much action in J class but racing with some of the GT cars was fun.
Darren, looks like 2 of You are coming down, 1 will likely leave their car also for the winter so yes thats no problem and obviously You can fly in and get some seat time during the winter while its there. The garage is 210/mo and You get full use of the building and its amenities while there.

Quick Reply: Patrick Long DE/Race clinic at MSR