Sponsored by:

Patrick Long DE/Race clinic at MSR

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
After checking my data, I was 1.4x off of Pat's times with you in the car. I think earning that missing time will be my goal in the next few months.

An interesting sidenote: looking at my data he entered Big Bend a full 5 MPH faster! Because I overslowed, I was able to get to WOT earlier, so I only lost the time he was rolling 5MPH faster from entry to apex. This is a perfect example of overslowing costing time, as Pat was .2 seconds faster for this segment despite me catching up to his speed on the straight because I went to full power a little earlier.

-td
Didn't I tell you that over a year ago?????

G.
(my one post for the month....)
Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Steve Watkins
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic event, great to be around a group of focused and dedicated drivers open to all aspects improving their craft. The bar continually was raised for every driver, fun to watch how quickly adjustments and inputs developed over just two days.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:54 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Pro Studs...one on four wheels, the other on two. Christian held his own for having never have been on a race track before.
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Looks like you guys had an amazing event -- well done!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 97 Posts

^ Understatement of the year! This was even better than the original. The instructors were awesome and the instruction allowed all of us to improve our times significantly! Truly a great event. Thanks again to Glen and the entire instructor team. You guys were AWESOME!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

I was particularly impressed with the professional mindset each participant had to improve incrementally throughout the clinic, and not just do laps with a star like Patrick. And I believe the results speak for themselves!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 11-03-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: tyyyyyyyyypos...
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello all, I have been playing catchup so have not even had a few minutes to respond to the posts/emails ....I just want to thank first of all, Pat Long and the other Instructors for taking time away from their "normal"lives to come out and teach. You were all amazing, the compliments and comments from the students speak for themselves. The bar was truly raised for everyone that participated and I feel all of Us had a chance to grow Our skillset several notches! Our record of no spins, no offs was however broken...

Students, You did an amazing job of listening, taking to heart what was taught and implementing those changes each session! I could not believe the amount of improvement, not from one or two, but literally all who participated!!

Thanks again to all who came, it was truly unforgettable!

GodSpeed!

Quick Reply: Patrick Long DE/Race clinic at MSR