Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone been to a trackday at Infineon? How does it compare to Thunderhill?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

a DE day in the mid 90s.

all the problem childs were in the group 3. 1-2 were safe, and 4 was safe. 3 was out of control! (1-2 beginners with and without instructors, 4 was advanced)
So, to your point regarding the " intermediates"

a couple of guys needing rental cars for work the following monday.

turn 10 the 911, and turn 11, the mercedes, or what was left of it. The mercedes was actually one barrier further, on the pedestrian walkway before it came to rest.

mk

Originally Posted by race911
Not to mention 10 before they built the garages back there and extended the exit pavement. (That would be pre-1990.)

In any case, your instructor will have you on a short leash, and once you find your pace and get the basics of the turns down things tend to flow really well. I can't imagine an instructed beginner simply driving off the track; it's the intermediates who are too quick to run solo.
Attached Images   
Old 08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts

Five people were killed at Sears Point in 1998.

I had an accident there in late June that could have easily cost me my life.

What type of car do you have? With which group will you run? I have driven there and instructed there for many years-- it is fun. But very different from Thunderhill.

If you identify the group, I/we might be able to recommend an instructor. If it is the Golden Gate Region, you could not be in better hands.

Be careful watching videos... there are a lot of variables which may cause confusion. If you only have modest track driving experience, I think it is better to study on paper. The GGR probably still has a guidebook on Sears Point, as well as the NorCal Shelby Club. These have both been used for years and are quite good.

- Mike

Quick Reply: Has anyone been to a trackday at Infineon? How does it compare to Thunderhill?