Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patrick Long extracurricular activity

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
drbooba1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Patrick Long no.1 American road racer first dirver to win 5 in a row in GT2 at Mid Ohio

regards
Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
He sure can drive, and a heckuva nice guy as well. Here he is with a bunch of us a couple of years ago.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
I see a lot of familiar faces in that picture. Ed kept sending me text messages that day making me very envious.

/rightclicksave
Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 255 Posts

I also set a personal best that day. Besides the highlight of riding with Patrick, I'd also say that my ride with Glen also ranks as some of the best coaching I have ever received.

Another interesting point from the event, in contrast to some of the comments made in the driver fitness thread, Patrick considers his fitness program to be an absolutely integral part of his success. I think we already had a sense for that, but the amount of time he spent talking about it really helped me understand how important it is for a top tier driver. For him it was not just one of many smaller factors, it was a MAJOR part of who he is as a driver. It got me back in the gym after a multi-year period of laziness.

As the other alumni have said, sign me up for the next one!

Quick Reply: Patrick Long extracurricular activity