Sponsored by:

MOTON CLUBSPORTS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Also, not all of the adjustments are linear, especially near the ends of adjustment.
Everyone with a decent set of adjustable dampers should have them dynoed so that they have somewhat of a feel for what their turns of the ***** are actually accomplishing. It can mess with your head if you think you are making significant adjustments and yet you aren't feeling any significant changes. Plus, it gives you a nice baseline so that you can have your dampers checked for consistency from season to season to gauge the need for a rebuild.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The funny thing with dynoing that I found is that for instance on my low speed adjustment on the front dampers, position 2,3,4 (out of 1-6) produces a dyno graph that is exactly the same in the low speed component. However, on the track, there is a noticable difference between setting 2,3,4. No one has sucessfully been able to explain to me why this occurs. I do agree that having a dyno plot for the dampers can tell a lot, for instance, when I sent mine in, one rear was 50lbs less than the other rear indicating a problem which tuned out to be most likely a worn out shim stack.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Larry, my understanding is that the club sport version has the same range as the motorsport version, just 1/2 the number of adjustments.

I concur on having the internal valving changed to work within the setup range your car is set to. I just went through this and it made a large difference in the ability to tune the car. Also, not all of the adjustments are linear, especially near the ends of adjustment.
Hey- Not that I would EVER argue with Larry...but... If Geoffrey concurs with me, then I must not be a total dumbass I run the factory spec spring rate for my car 1350 front/1500 rear. The shocks are out and back to Lex for re-valving. We'll see..... I will say this though, on a relatively smooth track, the stock Club Sports would be ok. It's just that Mosport, Sebring and the like demand A LOT more dampening than factory spec Club Sports are able to handle.

Quick Reply: MOTON CLUBSPORTS?