1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think of the coin flip in the Speed Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:37 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd really like to know who said they like it! And for what reason.

Please step forward and explain yourself. No flames, promise.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Yes, in private, I was a little disapointed with the broadcast. Any racer would have chuckeled a little, but again, the show is obviously not for the racer, its for the race fans (and maybe as a item of memorabilia if you are on the show)

Ive probably owned more BMWs than you and driven more miles in them. Point is there, you AGAIN, dont know what the F you are talking about. I got into conversations with idiots like YOU on that list and arrogant asses that didnt want to discuss, they wanted to argue and bash. Gee, i wonder why that sounds so familar? I had a bmw at the time, helped build a e36lightweight racer, and dynoed it with the electric supercharger for some decent gains.
The site didnt ban me, it imploded! I think I told you this story, but Ill tell it again. at a laguna event, this guy with a bmw comes over to me and gets out of his car and says, "you are that eRAM guy...... You you, destroyed the BMWList! ....". It was like I killed his dog or something. I calmly told him my side of the story, showed him my car, fitted with dual eRAMs and he ended up being quite friendly. People on these lists can develop alter egos and just go nuts!

Oh yeah, you are one of those BMW guys sent here to infect the porsche list with cute avitars and funny pictures to try and help AMPLIFY and size ENHANCE, your points, because of your own deficiencies.

I only offered some friendly advice, to back off a bit. why not give it a shot? Thats alll no more no less.

I think Tom is an aquired taste, and many people like the guy. Personally, I love the way he calls out the names on the grid. It sounds like the intros to a prize fight!

Hey, like you said. you give and get poking. Its a discussion board! get over it.

mk
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
LMFAO. Mark, did you watch the Watkins Glen broadcast? Hnatiw's commentary was HORRIBLE, and he....um....does not show well on TV. This is Speed World Challenge, not SCR. It was embarassing to watch.

And there you go again with the "this is a Porsche board you don't own one blah blah blah." Do you actually read your drabble before you post? You should. To quote you, "it's kind of old".

FYI, spartacus: you don't own a BMW, yet spent years pimping your cheesy electric supercharger snake oil until they banned you forever from the BMW sites. So I hardly think you are in any position to sanctimoniously pontificate on who is or isn't an appropriate poster here. Please leave that to the moderators. OK?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-28-2009, 01:33 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Like I said, man it really went down hill production wise. But, maybe they are doing all they can with the budget they have. Heck, with fields of 5 cars and prise money in the $10k range, it doesnt even pay to be a pro anymore.
mk

Originally Posted by deep_uv
A very amatuerish production. You'd think Speed would put more effort into their own race series. It would be nice if we could see it the weekend of the actual race.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Yes, in private, I was a little disapointed with the broadcast. Any racer would have chuckeled a little, but again, the show is obviously not for the racer, its for the race fans (and maybe as a item of memorabilia if you are on the show)

Ive probably owned more BMWs than you and driven more miles in them. Point is there, you AGAIN, dont know what the F you are talking about. I got into conversations with idiots like YOU on that list and arrogant asses that didnt want to discuss, they wanted to argue and bash. Gee, i wonder why that sounds so familar? I had a bmw at the time, helped build a e36lightweight racer, and dynoed it with the electric supercharger for some decent gains.
The site didnt ban me, it imploded! I think I told you this story, but Ill tell it again. at a laguna event, this guy with a bmw comes over to me and gets out of his car and says, "you are that eRAM guy...... You you, destroyed the BMWList! ....". It was like I killed his dog or something. I calmly told him my side of the story, showed him my car, fitted with dual eRAMs and he ended up being quite friendly. People on these lists can develop alter egos and just go nuts!

Oh yeah, you are one of those BMW guys sent here to infect the porsche list with cute avitars and funny pictures to try and help AMPLIFY and size ENHANCE, your points, because of your own deficiencies.

I only offered some friendly advice, to back off a bit. why not give it a shot? Thats alll no more no less.

I think Tom is an aquired taste, and many people like the guy. Personally, I love the way he calls out the names on the grid. It sounds like the intros to a prize fight!

Hey, like you said. you give and get poking. Its a discussion board! get over it.

mk
Mark, I will give you this: you have an extraordinarily imaginative alternate view of reality.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 07-28-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Really, How do you mean?
You see this is exactly what I am talking about. So Ironic that YOU would accuse me of an alternative view of reality when your original post was riddled with errors, and you have to take jabs at overweight people here too? Do you think everyone on TV or on this list for that matter, are lean and mean and run around with an AK47 around their neck and drive a black SUV around cones? ( or sit on the beach in race cars ) Look, you have the reading comprehension of a 4th grader and an attention span of a fly. But, you do have an arsinal of HOT looking girls for avitars and cut JPEG posts. ( I will give you that)

Reality check:

You said I dont have a BMW, Reality= I have 1 now and have owned 5.
You said I was banned from the BMW list , Reality is= List imploded for the members arguing themselves to death amoung a few other topics. eRAM did toss gas on their fire. By the way, the "snake Oil" electric supercharger was brought up in the lists and I ONLY produced factual information there for questions or comments from the list members, most of whom, didnt even know how a car's charging system worked, or basics of rudermentary air flow concepts. I also offered the list FREE dynos to several members to participate in the testing. We did independent testing and posted video and jpegs of dyno runs.
You said Tom N is overweight = Reality is, yes, but does it really need to be brought up here in such a disparaging way?

Is it possible for you to discuss topics here, instead of being so abrasive? Just asking?

Mark, I will give you this: you have an extraordinarily imaginative alternate view of reality.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Really, How do you mean?
You see this is exactly what I am talking about. So Ironic that YOU would accuse me of an alternative view of reality when your original post was riddled with errors, and you have to take jabs at overweight people here too? Do you think everyone on TV or on this list for that matter, are lean and mean and run around with an AK47 around their neck and drive a black SUV around cones? ( or sit on the beach in race cars ) Look, you have the reading comprehension of a 4th grader and an attention span of a fly. But, you do have an arsinal of HOT looking girls for avitars and cut JPEG posts. ( I will give you that)

Reality check:

You said I dont have a BMW, Reality= I have 1 now and have owned 5.
You said I was banned from the BMW list , Reality is= List imploded for the members arguing themselves to death amoung a few other topics. eRAM did toss gas on their fire. By the way, the "snake Oil" electric supercharger was brought up in the lists and I ONLY produced factual information there for questions or comments from the list members, most of whom, didnt even know how a car's charging system worked, or basics of rudermentary air flow concepts. I also offered the list FREE dynos to several members to participate in the testing. We did independent testing and posted video and jpegs of dyno runs.
You said Tom N is overweight = Reality is, yes, but does it really need to be brought up here in such a disparaging way?

Is it possible for you to discuss topics here, instead of being so abrasive? Just asking?
Pretty ironic to see you assail my intellect and reading comprehension when you cannot even spell simple words.

You can keep spinning and spinning, Mark, but Bryan Watts and a whole slew of other folks from the BMW boards back then tell a different story. As for your snake oil gizmo....well, that has been scientifically torn asunder a number of times by folks far smarter than I in previous threads. But, by all means, please keep "explaining" it....

Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, Greg Creamer is starting to make Tom Hnatiw look like a jockey.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Really? Thankfully he did not appear on the broadcast I watched.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not just throw dice instead of everyone spending all that money building cars? To make it interesting, they could at least roll on the start/finish line of each venue. Then they would have 29 minutes out of every half hour to advertise Pinks, Wrecked, and this weeks Na$car event.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Barfly
Racer

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Big or not, he is a much better announcer than Tom. I think he does a decent job providing play-by-play commentary. They need a good color commentary guy like Dorsey on there.

I'm not sure how much appearance comes into play with announcing. John Madden was one of the best color commentary guys out there. Heide Klum is hot as hell, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't want her calling a race. Then again, maybe it would be cool to hear her say "Auf Wiedersehen" whenever there was a shunt on the track. Cut me slack guys, my wife watches Project Runway, not I.

_____
Jason
Old 07-28-2009, 06:01 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Oh Brother! You have plenty of spelling errors too my beach boy pal. Do you want me to copy and paste your last few posts with glaring spelling errors. they are called typos. were are not writing term papers here Beach Boy!

Listen, Bryan and Co., did not prove anything. There was one that tried to disprove the concepts left out so many factors, it rendered his final result, meaningless. He meant well, but didnt have a unit that was working right (It happens). There are pictures and videos of the units performing as advertised. Also independent tests and magazines that have tested and found the gains we have seen as well. Its aftermarket performance parts. some work on cars , some do not. Go ahead, see if a KN filter gives you 12% hp gains next time you are at the dyno?? We do this test EVERY time we dyno, and thats over the last 10 years. have you ever even tuned a car on the dyno???I didnt think so, mouth boy!

Your "whole slew of other folks "dont recall the events. check again. BMWList went under, and they all blamed everyone but themselves. It was hysterical actually! Funny, we had the same heated discussions here and on other porsche lists that were a heck of a lot more intellegent in discussion quality. But, the lists didnt implode.

mk

Pretty ironic to see you assail my intellect and reading comprehension when you cannot even spell simple words.

You can keep spinning and spinning, Mark, but Bryan Watts and a whole slew of other folks from the BMW boards back then tell a different story. As for your snake oil gizmo....well, that has been scientifically torn asunder a number of times by folks far smarter than I in previous threads. But, by all means, please keep "explaining" it....

Old 07-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pyruvate
Big or not, he is a much better announcer than Tom. I think he does a decent job providing play-by-play commentary. They need a good color commentary guy like Dorsey on there.

I'm not sure how much appearance comes into play with announcing. John Madden was one of the best color commentary guys out there. Heide Klum is hot as hell, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't want her calling a race. Then again, maybe it would be cool to hear her say "Auf Wiedersehen" whenever there was a shunt on the track. Cut me slack guys, my wife watches Project Runway, not I.

_____
Jason

Heidi Klum.....yummmmmmm.

I agree Creamer is a great announcner. With Dorsey they make a great team. Madden and crew rarely wear anything other stan suits, and are usually seen only in face shots in the booth. Hnatiw looked like he was wearing 3-sizes-too-small Spandex.

IMO appearance only comes into play then the announcer insists on being in multiple shots wearing too-small clingy clothes with skinny, lean drivers, while he is himself pushing maximum density. Doesn't show well, and this is a show first and foremost.

Mark, you are SO easy. Jump higher! And fetch me a sammich while you're up.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by pyruvate

_____
Jason
I think Creamer is great -- the perfect straight man to the characters like Dorsey.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Dave, you are such a joker.

I think you have a crush on Tom H.

Its kind of obvious! you remember multiple shots of Tom wearing spandex? (and the coin toss landing in the crack. )
All I remember was some racing. I could care less what the announcers wear or look like. That's just me though. Sorry, VR. maybe you should be working at a fashion magazine or something not so technical or intellectually demanding. That way, you can be a smart *** all day long and no one cares.

Oh, I forgot, you have one of those jobs now! Professional Driving Instructor!

mk

Heidi Klum.....yummmmmmm.

I agree Creamer is a great announcner. With Dorsey they make a great team. Madden and crew rarely wear anything other stan suits, and are usually seen only in face shots in the booth. Hnatiw looked like he was wearing 3-sizes-too-small Spandex.

IMO appearance only comes into play then the announcer insists on being in multiple shots wearing too-small clingy clothes with skinny, lean drivers, while he is himself pushing maximum density. Doesn't show well, and this is a show first and foremost.

Mark, you are SO easy. Jump higher! And fetch me a sammich while you're up.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Dave, you are such a joker.

I think you have a crush on Tom H.

Its kind of obvious! you remember multiple shots of Tom wearing spandex? (and the coin toss landing in the crack. )
All I remember was some racing. I could care less what the announcers wear or look like. That's just me though. Sorry, VR. maybe you should be working at a fashion magazine or something not so technical or intellectually demanding. That way, you can be a smart *** all day long and no one cares.

Oh, I forgot, you have one of those jobs now! Professional Driving Instructor!

mk
Mark, kindly grow up and stop projecting. It's not my fault that you are unemployed and no one is willing to pay you for your on-track "expertise". Please resolve your bitterness and your...um....sexualty issues in private. Come on. .

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 07-28-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: What do you think of the coin flip in the Speed Series