Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think of the coin flip in the Speed Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
mater
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Holy cow, I finally watched the Touring race from the Glen that I had recorded during the week. Tom Hnatiw has more chins than a Chinese phone book!!!

WHAT A BLIMP!!!!

How embarassing that he made himself visible on screen.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
BACKOFF ---Tom's forgot more about racing than you'll ever know> How a person looks is not the topic . I might think you act and look like a little girl!! What do you think??
Old 07-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by mater
BACKOFF ---Tom's forgot more about racing than you'll ever know> How a person looks is not the topic . I might think you act and look like a little girl!! What do you think??
Not based on his commentary, he hasn't. But it's cute to see you rush to his defense. There is more than enough of him to defend himself, though....

FYI/NEWS FLASH: how a person looks ON TELEVISION is incredibly important, especially for a SPORTS series that is....um...struggling.

Duh.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 PM
mater
Instructor

Why don't you saddle up and show Tom how to do it!! LOL Oh wait you might have to drum up some talent first
Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mater
Why don't you saddle up and show Tom how to do it!! LOL Oh wait you might have to drum up some talent first
Don't you have Weight Watchers homework to do?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM
mater
Instructor

I'd retaliate, to the weight watch's remark,but I won't lower my standards.So stay on this board and enjoy yourself >>>>in your Mommys basement.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Old 07-27-2009, 06:58 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If speed wants attention, they should have had the drivers start like the old days and run to their cars hop in and take off. Maybe even run a whole lap on foot for qualifying.

They could have at least been creative with qualifying, like take an average of everyone's top three qualy laps, that wouldn't have made a mockery of racing. I would even like a one lap shot at qualifying, two warmup laps and then the third is the only one that counts. Puts pressure on that one golden lap.

There are decent ways to mix up the field.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

VR, what is the deal with you? Is everyone on the planet just a substandard version of you?
I mean, Im not even on this thread really, but for one comment about the goofy coin toss and you have to start bagging on a really great guy, Tom N.? Ive spent enough time with him to know, he is good with the mic, and really gets into calling races. (and I think he does a great job) Is his announcing for the pure racer? no, he tries to educate as he goes along. Was the SCR a little cheezy, sure it was, but look at the intended audience. By the way, he knows all about torque and hp and their effect coming off corners. (vs Calvin and Dorsey who got that wrong for a while)
Since you dont own a porsche and this is a porsche list and discussion group. Why dont you just back off the insults a bit. it will make it nicer place for all. Its kind of old to see you on the attack with literally everyone, but your band of bandits.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

you know I would be all over that!
Originally Posted by wanna911
If speed wants attention, they should have had the drivers start like the old days and run to their cars hop in and take off. Maybe even run a whole lap on foot for qualifying.

They could have at least been creative with qualifying, like take an average of everyone's top three qualy laps, that wouldn't have made a mockery of racing. I would even like a one lap shot at qualifying, two warmup laps and then the third is the only one that counts. Puts pressure on that one golden lap.

There are decent ways to mix up the field.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark kibort
VR, what is the deal with you? Is everyone on the planet just a substandard version of you?
I mean, Im not even on this thread really, but for one comment about the goofy coin toss and you have to start bagging on a really great guy, Tom N.? Ive spent enough time with him to know, he is good with the mic, and really gets into calling races. (and I think he does a great job) Is his announcing for the pure racer? no, he tries to educate as he goes along. Was the SCR a little cheezy, sure it was, but look at the intended audience. By the way, he knows all about torque and hp and their effect coming off corners. (vs Calvin and Dorsey who got that wrong for a while)
Since you dont own a porsche and this is a porsche list and discussion group. Why dont you just back off the insults a bit. it will make it nicer place for all. Its kind of old to see you on the attack with literally everyone, but your band of bandits.
LMFAO. Mark, did you watch the Watkins Glen broadcast? Hnatiw's commentary was HORRIBLE, and he....um....does not show well on TV. This is Speed World Challenge, not SCR. It was embarassing to watch.

And there you go again with the "this is a Porsche board you don't own one blah blah blah." Do you actually read your drabble before you post? You should. To quote you, "it's kind of old".

FYI, spartacus: you don't own a BMW, yet spent years pimping your cheesy electric supercharger snake oil until they banned you forever from the BMW sites. So I hardly think you are in any position to sanctimoniously pontificate on who is or isn't an appropriate poster here. Please leave that to the moderators. OK?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

i originally said that the announcers were not that great and the show was terrible. I think if you go back and look at last years shows you will see it was much better all around last year.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Tom's enthusiasm. I think we have to remember that unfortunately, this series is an afterthought. I think the guys do their best with the broadcast and it isn't unwatchable.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
unfortunately, this series is an afterthought. I think the guys do their best with the broadcast and it isn't unwatchable.
And this may be the biggest truth here, sadly. Amazing that Speed TV's flagshiip name event gets such short shrift (sp.?) at the time when they most need boosters.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Barfly
Racer

A few other comments from other forums complaining similarly about the production values and also the coin toss:

http://www.world-challenge.com/forum...pic.php?t=1601

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=277280

Personally, I enjoy the series but do not like the issues previously mentioned: gimmicky ideas and bad production. This year was supposed to be a step forward as far as production goes, but I think it is worse. The racing is great despite the low car counts.

______
Jason
Old 07-27-2009, 11:50 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A very amatuerish production. You'd think Speed would put more effort into their own race series. It would be nice if we could see it the weekend of the actual race.

Quick Reply: What do you think of the coin flip in the Speed Series