Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:07 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Ganja-boy,

You're Jamaican. Don't lie about it now. So I guess by your claim, my driving is....well, we'll let folks draw their own conclusions.

Pete, thanks. I was pretty happy with that result, considering I have been to Mid Ohio exactly once. I also know folks who know A Whyne. He has no respect for others because he has no respect for himself, and is jealous beyond belief of those who DO rather than just blather. And it shows in everything he says.

EW, the underside was fine. The LR, RR, and RF wheels were all broken due to the collision on the restart which caused the accident in the first place.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Wow .... I guess you nailed it ........................

Hey breaking all 3 wheels on a re-start must be some kind of a record huh!!!!! come see me at Sumting Wong , we help you
Old 07-22-2009, 12:10 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,381 Likes on 2,005 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Pete :

Really ! we are having fun with VR , the way he has fun with others , VR is a big bwoy ( well not really ) he can handling a little jocular fun of his past and present folly's ....

So we have a bet ...... You say Button ! 1 bottle ?............ ahhh to taste your wallet
Cool, then we're on. Let's try to get back on topic. For the 4th time, I've got Button. You still haven't picked and I'm not giving you the field. Do you prefer to pick after Sunday's race as usual? (That one's for my fellow Amigo Ray S)
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Cool, then we're on. Let's try to get back on topic. For the 4th time, I've got Button. You still haven't picked and I'm not giving you the field. Do you prefer to pick after Sunday's race as usual? (That one's for my fellow Amigo Ray S)
Yes VR keeps ****ting on every thread , so back on topic ....

No worries my pick will be here in print before qualy .....
Old 07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pick now! Not after you've seen practice. Your the expert. Pick now!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Not having Wayne's "experience" (but I do race) I am sticking with Vettel (again).
I can pick before and practice times are available, on the other had picking the winner after the race is a great thing if you can get away with it (not likely).
Old 07-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm picking Webber. Now that he's finally popped his cherry, the wins should come fast & furious!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default More info to daze and confuse Wayne's pick

Large aerodynamic upgrade for Brawn
22 July 2009

With the last two Grands Prix having taken place in cooler temperatures than most so far this season, the championship-leading Brawn GP cars struggled to build up the optimum tyre temperatures required on-track. Team principal Ross Brawn is confident that this problem can be addressed, however, as a hotter race approaches.

Rubens Barrichello was highly frustrated to have not won the German Grand Prix
With the Mercedes-powered Brawn car generating such tyre temperatures which must be monitored to stay cool in most races this season, problems in the Chinese, British and German Grand Prix meant that sub-20 degree track temperatures saw Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello struggling to do the opposite - keep their Bridgestone Potenzas up to operating temperatures.

"The last two races at Silverstone and the Nürburgring have been frustrating for the team as we have not been able to achieve the full potential of our car at the same time as our competitors have taken a good step forward," admitted team principal Brawn. "However, we are confident that the inherent performance of the BGP 001 which was demonstrated during the first half of the season has not disappeared and the problems that we faced were unique to the circumstances of those races.

With warmer weather expected in Hungary, Ross Brawn is optimistic
"Our focus now is to maximise the performance that we know is in the car whilst continuing to develop improvements which will maintain our championship challenge."

Due to this, a selection of new components will make an appearance this weekend. "We have a significant aerodynamic upgrade for the race in Budapest which will bring performance gains in efficiency, downforce and aero balance but we face a fierce battle and we must continue to improve for the rest of the season," Brawn continued. "The team has faced many challenges to arrive where we are today and I am confident that we have the people and resources, plus two excellent drivers, to respond and fight to maintain our position of leading the Constructors' and Drivers' Championships."
Old 07-22-2009, 01:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Pick now! Not after you've seen practice. Your the expert. Pick now!
OK.....forced to pick now ............... Webbo

you = Button
Me = Webbo

Ahhh to taste your wallet ............................................
Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Not having Wayne's "experience" (but I do race) I am sticking with Vettel (again).
I can pick before and practice times are available, on the other had picking the winner after the race is a great thing if you can get away with it (not likely).
Ahhh they say he is the son of a great man , who many believed walked on water , to you guys he is known as .... A.Wayne ...

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I'm picking Webber. Now that he's finally popped his cherry, the wins should come fast & furious!
C'mon larry , get you own guy ..... remember it was Button ......
Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wayne sided with you. Hurry and save yourself. There's still time to avoid the train wreck.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wayne sided with you. Hurry and save yourself. There's still time to avoid the train wreck.
says the guy with the Blue garage ................................

Last edited by A.Wayne; 07-22-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Barrichello VS Button

Many here have jumped on the new and improved Jenson Button Bandwagon , Yet as Button contiunues his slid back to reality , many choose to deride the once very talented Rubin Barrichello

Barrichello in his prime was capable of beating MS at least 7-8 times a year in a straight up fight and was absolutely faster than MS in the rain..

Agree he is now past his sell by date and yet he is still able to outpace the hapless Button ... Button this era's golden spoon is the has has been that never was and is not at the same level of Barrichello never was and never will be .. Rubin now at the ripe age of 37, still has enuff pace to require Button to seek team manipulation to get the upper hand ....... .. Hence the 3 pitstop /fuel rig fiasco of the last race .....

Faster than MS in the wet ? Yes Barichello was faster than MS in the wet .....

Canada 2000 comes to mind ..( Rubin ordered not to pass ) France 1999 in a stewart ... pole wet qualy .... Spa - 94 Pole (wet/Jordan)another ... Donington 93 ( jordan )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vssil...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbjr...eature=related

Barrichello is way above avg and in his rookie year at Jordan in 93 ran as high as 2rd in the rain before engine failure cost him a podium with but a handful of laps to go ...

Barrichello had an effective rookie year. In his third race, the European Grand Prix, he started from 12th place in very wet conditions but was fourth by the end of the first lap. He ran as high as second and was running third, having passed the Williams of Damon Hill and Alain Prost, before encountering a fuel problem. His Jordan's reliability in 1993 was poor, and he finished few races. Barrichello regularly outpaced his more experienced teammates, Ivan Capelli and Thierry Boutsen. In the French Grand Prix, he almost scored his first grand prix point (and the team's first that year) but Michael Andretti passed Barrichello for the sixth and final point-paying position on the final lap. His only points finish of the season came at the Japanese Grand Prix with fifth place, ahead of his new teammate Eddie Irvine. These 2 points put him in 18th place in the 1993 standings.

Donngton 93 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4QC7rtWm0A

Watch a really great driver at work , Senna passes all and you will see Barrichello's car 4 th at the hairpin after starting from 12th on the grid ... Eagle eyes will see the great Stoolmacher , creator of the one move rule trying to run Senna of the track with his now patented chop across the bow start only to exit stage right trying to follow the great one ..... and of course Barrichello

RB is 37 yrs old and this is his swan song , instead of blindly worshiping the smoke and mirrors Faux WDC contender Button , RB should at least be given his due and the respect deserved of one so talented but less fortunate in the way his career unfolded., as it stands If not for That black day at Imola , I'm absolute in my opinion that RB would have been a multple WDC , the effect of that black day , his accident , Senna's death, weighed on Barrichello in a manner we quite possibly will never understand ...

ask Schumacher : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQjYCwgLdE

Pete i will be in touch for my bottle ........

Larry good shot .......

Others: ...ahhh carry on .......................

Last edited by A.Wayne; 07-23-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^ Reads like an obituary ^^^^^^

Rubens is a career "#2". He doesn't have what it takes to be a WDC. Nice guy, but as the saying goes.... nice guys finish....

I do love the bed time stories of speculation and deceit on how Rubens could have beat Schumacher 7-8 times a year. Wonderful fiction writing.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Stickiest Bridgestone tyres for the Hungaroring
F1 Grand Prix, GP Hungary, Hungaroring
Bridgestone will bring its two stickiest tyres to the Hungarian Grand Prix on July 24-26 which takes place on the tight and twisty 4.38km Hungaroring, one of the lowest grip circuits on the calendar. The soft and super soft Bridgestones will be used in Hungary. This is the same combination as used in Monaco, and means that the general convention of leaving a rubber hardness gap between the two tyres Bridgestone brings to a race is not employed.

The reason for this is the slippery surface of the Hungaroring circuit which does not receive much use during the course of the year, except for during the Grand Prix weekend. The Hungaroring is a noteworthy venue for Bridgestone as it was very nearly the venue of the first Formula One race win on Bridgestone tyres, when Damon Hill came within a lap of winning the 1997 race for Arrows.

Hiroshi Yasukawa – Director of Bridgestone Motorsport, said: "Hungary is an important market for Bridgestone and it is also the home of our Tatabanya plant, which was officially opened in 2008. This plant uses our new fully-automated production system which is called BIRD (Bridgestone Innovative & Rational Development). This is the most automated tyre production system in the world, and shows that Bridgestone uses advanced technology and processes not only for our Formula One involvement."

Q&A with Hirohide Hamashima - Bridgestone Director of Motorsport Tyre Development

What are the challenges of the Hungaroring?
The Hungaroring is an interesting circuit, especially as it is not used much during the year. This means the circuit grip levels experienced on Friday are likely to be very different from those experienced in the race. For deciding set-up and tyre strategy, this makes things difficult, and competitors will have to work hard. Tyre management, particularly with graining, is very important, and qualifying position is crucial as overtaking is difficult. Also, we are ever mindful of the weather as it can get very hot there, although we have seen rain in the past, notably when Jenson Button scored his first F1 race victory in 2006.

Why has the tyre allocation gap not occurred for this race?
We are bringing consecutive tyres from our range to Hungary because of the slippery surface and the circuit layout. This is the slowest speed permanent race circuit that we visit during the course of the season, and the surface itself is not aggressive enough to help generate heat in the tyres. The super soft and the soft Bridgestones are both from our low temperature working range of tyres. This makes it easier for the teams and drivers to generate heat and get the best performance from them.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:10 PM
MissBehavin'
Advanced

Thanks for posting tire info Pete
Still betting on Webber win

Quick Reply: 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix race preview, discussion, predictions