Sponsored by:

best club racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
I've done a lot of SCCA racing and some of the funnest, most competitive I've seen is Spec Miata. Deep fields, good drivers and much cheaper than our Cups....especially if you wreck it

You can't do $10K of damage in either a Spec Miata or a Cup car.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:35 AM
mji911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G-man---- The DP was quite the ride. For the first time in one a 1:54 was pretty rewarding even with you coaching.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Mike, the smilie at the left is actually a picture of what your face should look like after starting a thread like this, just about to take a big one right down the throat!!! Here's a link to the best kind of racing for you!!! http://www.pettipaug.com/pettipaug/PYChistory Anybody that has a bouquet of flowers mounted to the front of a Cup Car shouldnt be allowed on the track to begin with. Let me know when you're ready to make the switch and I'll get that real man's toy out of your garge for you!!!!!
PS
Tell Jeanne I said hi!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:42 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mji911
G-man---- The DP was quite the ride. For the first time in one a 1:54 was pretty rewarding even with you coaching.
WTF?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Barfly
Racer

The SRF class in SCCA is very competitive especially at the National level. It is also cost-effective. There are regional races that can result in plenty of seat time including a quad event at VIR which takes place twice a year. There are 2, 90 minute enduros, and 2 sprint races over the weekend. With testing/practice and qualifying, you can get about 8 hrs of seat time.

______
Jason
Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Originally Posted by pyruvate
The SRF class in SCCA is very competitive especially at the National level. It is also cost-effective. There are regional races that can result in plenty of seat time including a quad event at VIR which takes place twice a year. There are 2, 90 minute enduros, and 2 sprint races over the weekend. With testing/practice and qualifying, you can get about 8 hrs of seat time.

______
Jason
That's great! Are there other series that offer that kind of seat time? I like PCA in large part because of the decent amount of seat time at most 3 day events. I can't get to many races in a year and showing up for one hour of track time a day isn't really worth it to me.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:36 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Check out Motion Dynamics Out of Conway NH good guys . If you have a SCCA license you can rent a SRF car. They offer full track support and maintain a good size fleet of cars.
Regards
TSheehan
Old 06-22-2009, 09:55 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

E-mailed Motion Dynamics earlier on today regarding rental rates.......

Waiting for a response.......
Old 06-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Giacomo
I can't get to many races in a year and showing up for one hour of track time a day isn't really worth it to me.
EXACTLY.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 AM
chris_v
Instructor

Rocky Mountain 944 spec class is where the fun is at! We have 30 cars, I can consistently podium and I have less than $7000 invested, including the car! The group we have can NOT be beat, we are just as much fun on the track as we are off. Cant beat the price, wreck your car? no problem, find another 944 for 600 bucks somewhere. Skilled drivers are not lacking, word gets around quick and everyone is chomping at the bit to race with us, new drivers are announced regularly. 944 spec is growing at an astounding rate nationally as well, we're already trending to be the largest group at NASA nationals this year...

Heres video from my last race, the race is very tight up until a car blew a coolant hose, throwing me (the blue car) off track.
http://rm944.com/events/2009-05-15_1...ain%20Race.wmv

and check out our 2008 highlight vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ofRS0OQuE
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Weston
Racer

Originally Posted by M758
In Arizona it is NASA Hands down.

PCA - great club, but only a few DE's and no racing
HSR - 1 event a year can't support anything
SCCA - Dying a slow death
PBOC - does not exist here

So for good racing, track time and fun NASA is the way to go. However I suspect this can be very regional in that some places NASA does not have the strength it does here.
This is mostly the case in the Rocky Mountain Region as well. I've never heard of HSR, PCA only has one actual race a year, and there's no PBOC or others. Realistically, our options here are SCCA and NASA... SCCA is a great national organization, but this region tends to run lots of people off and can't seem figure out why people don't want to race with them. They are a viable option, but it's also not hard to see why NASA took a lot of their business.

As for NASA, the national office is certainly not without its problems, but the Rocky Mountain region is pretty good... We have a good turn out, great competition in 944-Spec, the right amount of track time, and lots of fun after the race. Even if my car is broken and I can't race, it's still worth going just to hang out at the track at the end of the day.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I rented from Motion Dynamics and it was OK. If you guys are going to do it, let me know and I'll rent one too. The cars are TANKS, I got nailed (on purpose) just before the 2nd apex in Big Bend and thought my day was over. When I got the car back on track I started going faster and faster as I didn't feel any damage. No billable damage and I repassed the guy who hit me and ran me off the track
Old 06-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by analogmike
The cars are TANKS, I got nailed (on purpose)

Quick Reply: best club racing