Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One of the best racing videos I've seen in a while

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:30 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Pull those panties from over your eyes, get off the **** avitar sites and suit up and meet me in Colorado. Some are saying privately that you are going to wiggle out. It wouldnt surprise me. You sure are a lot of hot air!

Of the pole beach boy! Let's Roll!!!!!!

Clueless? The irony there!

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Larry, I know it's a big word and all...

Fred, grass IS a racing surface.

Spartacus...ay ay ay. Keep digging deeper, my boy. You may actually be even more clueless than GhettoRacer.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

wow
Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,503 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Some are saying privately that you are going to wiggle out. It wouldnt surprise me.

Ah, classic: the appeal to anonymous "sources". Right on cue. Mark, this is you in the suit, below.

Also, we may aim for the week of July 20th instead, since I may well be OCONUS a good chunk of August after all. I just spoke with Don, he will try to work it out from his end & let me know ASAP.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:34 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Yeah sure, thats me! Sorry Ego Boy, not everyone is talking to me about you. Just a hunch! But, I hope you prove me wrong!!

The only problem with that week is that I have a race the following weekend.
So, we have to do it that monday or tuesday (or the weekend prior, 19th etc). I have work oblications on Wednesday and my SCCA race, Friday, Saturday sunday. I need to be on a plane returning, that wednesday or Tuesday night if possible.

Will that work?

mk

Ah, classic: the appeal to anonymous "sources". Right on cue. Mark, this is you in the suit, below.

Also, we may aim for the week of July 20th instead, since I may well be OCONUS a good chunk of August after all. I just spoke with Don, he will try to work it out from his end & let me know ASAP.

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Larry, I know it's a big word and all...

Fred, grass IS a racing surface.

Spartacus...ay ay ay. Keep digging deeper, my boy. You may actually be even more clueless than GhettoRacer.

Since it has been established (see above) that grass is a racing surface
and
Since it has been said (by none other than Senna) that karting is the purest form of motorsport

Might I suggest that you two consider this:

http://www.grasspass.org/
(economical, no home track advantage)

If not, please remember, your 'race' has its own thread in this forum.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yeah sure, thats me! Sorry Ego Boy, not everyone is talking to me about you. Just a hunch! But, I hope you prove me wrong!!

The only problem with that week is that I have a race the following weekend.
So, we have to do it that monday or tuesday (or the weekend prior, 19th etc). I have work oblications on Wednesday and my SCCA race, Friday, Saturday sunday. I need to be on a plane returning, that wednesday or Tuesday night if possible.

Will that work?

mk
It's up to Don. Fine by me. I can be in that area starting ~midday Monday the 20th. Don is 100% busy with Pikes Peak up thru the 19th, so that previous week is out for him. Let's wait to hear what he says--I hope it works. If so, we can then begin working on the charity angle.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah.....this is why these guys get paid to race and I pay to race. The funny part is how simple they make it look. That really pisses me off.

Do we have two students who need time out during recess? Children, children....play nice.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:40 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Monday would be fiine. Let me know what he says. We have to get rolling if we are going to get the charity angle rolling as well. Now are are only a month away!

It's up to Don. Fine by me. I can be in that area starting ~midday Monday the 20th. Don is 100% busy with Pikes Peak up thru the 19th, so that previous week is out for him. Let's wait to hear what he says--I hope it works. If so, we can then begin working on the charity angle.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:07 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Great video!!! I must say I liked Andy Lally getting around for 1st. Three excellent racers.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:17 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I just watched the TV broadcast. The porsche (Lally) did everything well, the bmws were a blast to watch, and Billy Johnson (the guy that ripped in the Time Attack at Buttonwillow, Willow springs and Laguna in the NSX) ran the wheels off the Mustang. There were such slight differences in the 3 cars, especially in the beginning. awesome racing. Times alll were pretty close, but I bet the surface near the end of the race bode much better for the porsche. In the dry , they alll were pretty even. I didnt get a sense for the partial wet from the incar-cam video.

good stuff!

mk
Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

One thing that jumped out at me from this video was the subtly different lines Lally was taking compared with the M3's. He was turnign in sooner (but not apexing early), with less steering lock, thus making a longer arc of greater radius & carrying more mid-corner speeds. Whereas auberlen (and to a slightly lesser extent Hand) did traditional late apex lines. This is why he won IMO, as much as the car's behavior in the wet.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:17 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I was noticing that as well. One other thing, the M3 was so nervous getting under control during the threashold braking part of the entry. Joey's car didnt seem to show as much problem, but the 911 was solid and maybe due to his slightly different line. I dont think the BMWs could have done anything different on that day with those set ups to beat him there. the track seemed to be a perfect Porsche track.

One thing that jumped out at me from this video was the subtly different lines Lally was taking compared with the M3's. He was turnign in sooner (but not apexing early), with less steering lock, thus making a longer arc of greater radius & carrying more mid-corner speeds. Whereas auberlen (and to a slightly lesser extent Hand) did traditional late apex lines. This is why he won IMO, as much as the car's behavior in the wet.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I was noticing that as well.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Dave,
Can you be more of an *** here?
Go run your tahoe around cones. Ill get back to work. You are such a joker! I was with a couple of racer buddies watching the broadcast. it wasnt so hard to see the differences in line and car action with the cars SO CLOSE together.

All I have to say to you is, get yourself ready Beach Boy.

mk

..[IMG]/albums/n122/xzvgpz/bs_meter.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Dave,
Can you be more of an *** here?
Go run your tahoe around cones. Ill get back to work. You are such a joker! I was with a couple of racer buddies watching the broadcast. it wasnt so hard to see the differences in line and car action with the cars SO CLOSE together.

All I have to say to you is, get yourself ready Beach Boy.

mk

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

You just don't get it, do you, Spartacus? The more you post that, the better I look & the weaker you look. Now, tell us again about how your driving causes you to heat cycle RA1's out before they cord. That was good for an even better laugh.

And yes, I am very proud that I am fortunate to train America's best in all sorts of high-risk tactical and dignitary protection driving while you exhaust your unemployment payments. Any more self-impalement you'd care to initiate?

Quick Reply: One of the best racing videos I've seen in a while