Cayman Interseries Championsip/HSR

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by APKhaos
I had a good look at Rod Ryan's Lowenbrau car a few weeks ago. It had just been delivered, and looked terrific. Ron had a grin a mile wide all weekend, and was looking forward to the first race at RA!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Cool

Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
jim, what's your car number on the hippie?
The small number 3 on the wrap which Collin thinks can be seen by the space shuttle or the Interseries car S/N plate on the dash which is #021?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:45 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by APKhaos
I had a good look at Rod Ryan's Lowenbrau car a few weeks ago. It had just been delivered, and looked terrific. Ron had a grin a mile wide all weekend, and was looking forward to the first race at RA!

BTW, what's up with that expensive AiM logger setup not producing data on the video??
Rod's car looks awesome, it's actually my favorite of the bunch! We all had a great time racing at Road Atlanta.

As for the video, that's from a prototype AIM SmartyCam, and I couldn't get the GPS working right for some reason. Thus no data. Firmware updates took care of it, and hopefully there won't be any issues when the official production units show up (and it better be soon!). I also plan to integrate the SmartyCam with the AIM data system in the car, which will be be extremely useful.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:48 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
The small number 3 on the wrap which Collin thinks can be seen by the space shuttle or the Interseries car S/N plate on the dash which is #021?
Space Station....I think I said Space Station. I don't think the shuttle has big enough windows to see the entire number at once .
Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome!!! Will love to dice it out racing other Caymans!
PCA H Class is typically Caymanless unless I show up.

Any proposals to the rules to allow our underpowered non DFI Cayman S in the class? (less weight?).
Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgomez
Awesome!!! Will love to dice it out racing other Caymans!
PCA H Class is typically Caymanless unless I show up.

Any proposals to the rules to allow our underpowered non DFI Cayman S in the class? (less weight?).
I don't think anything has been worked out on where the "Interseries Cayman" would fit in the PCA racing scheme. Right now I think we're all pretty focused on getting the first races with HSR under our belts, though I know some of the guys are at least talking about PCA as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

wow all of those cars look great
Old 09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cobrien
I don't think anything has been worked out on where the "Interseries Cayman" would fit in the PCA racing scheme. Right now I think we're all pretty focused on getting the first races with HSR under our belts, though I know some of the guys are at least talking about PCA as well.
I mean the other way around. Allow H stcok or Prepared I Cayman S to run agaimst the Interseries Cars with HSR. Historic livery should be mandatory though, and I obviously comply!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
wow all of those cars look great
+1

What's up with the rear wing, adjustable? I was thinking of getting a cayman and would love to have that wing.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Cool

Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgomez
I mean the other way around. Allow H stcok or Prepared I Cayman S to run agaimst the Interseries Cars with HSR. Historic livery should be mandatory though, and I obviously comply!
Sorry, I misunderstood! Here's the current spec (or close to it, anyway); according to it, at the moment it's only open to '09s and '10s.....

======================
Here is a list of all the Rules and specs, as well as all of the standard equipment put on the Cayman's

HSR “CAYMAN INTERSERIES CHAMPIONSHIP”

Only 2009/2010 Cayman”S” cars are eligible. Must compete with full road equipment and, with the exception of exhaust/emissions, be street legal as designed by the factory, capable of being registered for street use in the condition of the car when presented at scrutineering, and capable of being driven to and from the event. All cars are required to have a Historic paint scheme. [Example; Martini Racing, Rothmans, Gulf, Hippie Car, etc.]

1.) Engine

A.) As delivered from factory. No modifications after the air filter or before the exhaust muffler.
B.) Stock, fuel injection must be retained.
C.) Air conditioning belts, hoses, condensers, compressors may not be removed.
D.) Radiators are free. Radiators must be installed in the stock location. Anti-freeze is prohibited.
E.) Any dual mass flywheel may be replaced with a single mass, ferrous material (magnetic) flywheel. Clutch disc
must remain stock diameter.
F.) An underdrive pulley { GT3 type}on the crankshaft for the power steering belt may be used.

2.) Suspension

A.) Suspension pick-up points must remain as stock in location and type.
B.) Added material may not connect with roll cage components or otherwise provide chassis stiffening .
C.) Shocks and springs must be series spec {TBA}
D.) Any suspension setting not requiring machining or modification of factory parts is allowed.
E.) Sway bar sizes and configuration must be series spec. {TBA}
F.) Suspension bushing materials are free. Replacement of suspension bushings cannot alter the suspension geometry of the vehicle.
G.) Any bolt-in shock tower brace is allowed.
H.) Toe links/bump steer links may be replaced
I.) OEM two-piece lower control arms {GT3 Type} are allowed.
J.) Front and rear uprights must remain stock.

3.) Tires and Wheels

A.) Only the series spec tire will be approved. [TBA]
B.) Tread must be a minimum 2/32” over 2/3 of the tire at the start of each session (practice, qualifying, race).
There must be visible tread remaining on the contact surface of the tire at the end of each session.
C.) Wheel type and style are free, providing wheel meets or exceeds factory safety specifications.
D.) One inch wider than originally supplied wheel which fits inside the stock body without rubbing and without modification exceeding “rolling” or “grinding” of the outer fender lip is allowed. Spacers are permitted.

4.) Brakes

A.) Brake pad material and stainless brake lines are free.
B.) Brake calipers and rotors must be as delivered by the factory.
C.) Ducting of air to rotors is allowed.
D.) Removal of dust shields (backing plates) is allowed.
E.) Brake fluid is free.
F.) Master Cylinders must be as supplied stock by the factory.
G.) Hand brake components may be removed.

5.) Transmission

A.) Ratios of ring and pinion and individual gear sets must be stock.
B.) Only stock limited slip differentials (LSDs) No locked differentials will be permitted.
C.) Modification to, or substitution of, the shifter mechanism which reduces the range of motion is allowed.
D.) Axels must remain stock.

6.) Body/Chassis/Interior

A.) Removal or substitution of components, other than those specifically indicated below, is not allowed.
B.) Chassis/body, must be the same material and configuration as supplied by the factory. Sheet metal modifications in the spare tire compartment as required for installation of a fuel cell are allowed. A Fuel Cell is not required but highly recommended
C.) Seats are free providing minimum weight [TBA] of vehicle is met. Any ballast to meet weight must be placed in a ballast box and be securely bolted to the chassis in the driving compartment only.
D.) Steering wheels and shift ***** are free.
E.) Only Series Spec front spliters and rear spoilers are allowed [TBA]
F.) Modifications to the underside of the vehicle for the purpose of improving aerodynamics are not allowed.
G.) All interior panels may be removed except main dash panel. Dash may be modified for roll cage installation only. Additional gauges may be added but the stock dash gauges must be retained
H.) Headliners may be removed for installation of roll cages.
I.) Airbags may be removed.
J.) All carpeting may be removed. Sound-deadening and heat shield material may be removed.
K.) Radio/PCM components and climate control system may be removed. Center lower dash may be modified with a panel of appropriate material or removed. Center console may be removed.

4/2009

Standard Equipment:

Chassis/Body

A.) “Cayman Interseries” Front splitter and “GT3” style adjustable rear spoiler painted body color
B.) Full Roll Cage with “Nascar” style door beams painted body color
C.) Window net
D.) “SFI” roll bar padding
E.) **OMP Recaro or Cobra ‘Hans’ style race seat and brackets *owners choice*
F.) Schroth 5 point quick release harness
G.) Remote on –board fire system with 8 nozzles
H.) Electrical cut-off switch
I.) “MOMO” steering wheel with quick release hub
J.) Steering wheel hook

Suspension/Brakes

A.) JRZ “Pro” adjustable remote reservoir shocks with quick release fittings
B.) 3 way adjustable front and rear sway bars with heim joint drop links
C.) Hypercoil Springs with helpers
D.) Solid spherical bearing upper shock mounting plates front and rear
E.) Pagid RS29 brake pads
F.) Stainless steel brake lines
G.) “Endless” racing brake fluid
H.) “GT3” two piece lower control arms with monoball bearings and adjustment shims
I.) Solid front and rear control arm bushings
J.) Adjustable front thrust/caster bars
K.) Spherical bearing tie rods with bump steer ends
L.) Rear toe links with bump steer adapters
M.) “NACA” rear brake ducts

Engine

A.) Special series exhaust system
B.) Additional center radiator, ducts, bracket and hoses
C.) Power steering oil cooler

***** ALL ENGINES, TRANSMISSIONS, ECU COMPUTERS AND PORTS WILL BE SEALED. SHOCKS AND SPECIAL SERIES SUSPENSION PIECES WILL HAVE CODED TAMPER-PROOF LABELING*****

**All cars will be sold with a stock set of tires and wheels
**Each car will be delivered with a basic alignment and set-up.
**Each competitor will be responsible for individual race prep, data, driver comfort aids etc.
**Paint/graphics /decals are not included
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jumper5836
+1

What's up with the rear wing, adjustable? I was thinking of getting a cayman and would love to have that wing.
Definitely adjustable. Not sure how you can get one; I'd suggest contacting Napleton Porsche to start with.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:17 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Jagermeister or Rothmans livery would be cool to see.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:42 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jaholmes
Jagermeister or Rothmans livery would be cool to see.
Jagermeister is on the way; I think it's either done or close to being done. Last I heard Rothmans wasn't taken, though (which surprised me).

Quick Reply: Cayman Interseries Championsip/HSR