Sponsored by:

Cayman Interseries Championsip/HSR

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 PM
imfc66
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cayman Interseries Championsip/HSR

Just an update for everyone... The first car arrived at the dealership at 8am today. We had it striped and the windshield removed by 1pm and off to the fab shop for the roll cage. Weight in was 3012 lbs...out with windshield 2630 lbs. We can get it a little bit lighter,but we are going to wait for it to come back from the shop. The HSR race at the Glen will be first,but we will test next week at the Autobahn Country Club with the Kelly-Moss guys tweeking and Jack Baldwin at the wheel. Should be fun!!! I will get some pics up when the car is done.

Ron
Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
NJcroc
Racer

2630 with no windshield and no cage? what is target weight with driver?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:20 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron, great news! And thanks for the group of your clients at the Glen a couple of weeks ago. Please keep me posted. I will try to get up to see you for HSR event. I have 2 clients with interest.
Bruce's Coach
Scott
Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

can i just buy the car and build it myself?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 PM
imfc66
Intermediate

Guys,

Thanks for the questions.....

1. Target weight is???? Actually the 2630lbs was WITH the windshield!!! We are leaving in the A/C, so probably for HSR around 2900lbs wet with driver+/- after we take some more stuff out, put on the Fiske wheels,race tires and change the suspension over.The car could be legal for PCA by adding some weight, a passenger seat and some other bits and pieces etc. so it can run in the stock class

2. If you want a base car, it will be available with or without the goodies. However,we are making the cars available to HSR competiors first.

3. We will have lots of pics from the build and testing next week!!!!

Thanks,
Ron
Old 05-27-2009, 01:49 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by imfc66
2. If you want a base car, it will be available with or without the goodies. However,we are making the cars available to HSR competiors first....
does HSR exist on the west coast?

for a cay s, what is your base car option wise? just LSD?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

John's a bit excited.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Madness
Rennlist Member

What class will you run with HSR?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:12 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by imfc66
Guys,

Thanks for the questions.....

1. Target weight is???? Actually the 2630lbs was WITH the windshield!!! We are leaving in the A/C, so probably for HSR around 2900lbs wet with driver+/- after we take some more stuff out, put on the Fiske wheels,race tires and change the suspension over.The car could be legal for PCA by adding some weight, a passenger seat and some other bits and pieces etc. so it can run in the stock class

2. If you want a base car, it will be available with or without the goodies. However,we are making the cars available to HSR competiors first.

3. We will have lots of pics from the build and testing next week!!!!

Thanks,
Ron
Great initiative!! I hope this gets a lot of traction so I get to race against many other Caymans. Lower weight (than PCA) is the one thing this car needs to be even better (and have the stock brakes be more dependable after the first 3-5 laps).

However, please make a huge effort for the rules to be as compatible as possible (other than just removing/adding stuff to meet weight limits) to PCA rules so it gives everyone the possibility to run both series (+ NASA, whose GTS3 rules are so basic that it is already possible). This means: don't restrict aftermarket wheels, shocks and springs.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
NJcroc
Racer

If this is a spec car, what susp would it run? As mooty asks can we build our own car using the rules?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 PM
imfc66
Intermediate

cgomez....I'm with YOU!!!!

We are using JRZ "Pro" shocks and H&R bars, Hoosier R6 tires ,Pagid pads and all the normal suspension upgrades {toe links, bump steer, 2 piece lower control arms,monoball bushings etc} Like I stated before,we want the cars to be able to race in multiple series by adding or subtracting weight only.
That's why we are calling it "The Cayman Interseries". I think the idea works and will not limit where you can race. There may be a class for the older cars as well in HSR. Ken Fengler who is the Competition Director for HSR may want to here from anyone interested in joining in the series.

Ron
Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by earlyapex
John's a bit excited.
LOL, i am always excited.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:25 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cgomez
Great initiative!! I hope this gets a lot of traction so I get to race against many other Caymans. Lower weight (than PCA) is the one thing this car needs to be even better (and have the stock brakes be more dependable after the first 3-5 laps).

However, please make a huge effort for the rules to be as compatible as possible (other than just removing/adding stuff to meet weight limits) to PCA rules so it gives everyone the possibility to run both series (+ NASA, whose GTS3 rules are so basic that it is already possible). This means: don't restrict aftermarket wheels, shocks and springs.
with cage and driver, it should really be no more than 2700 lbs, else it would not be all that exciting to me.

as far as rules, PCA stock class is way heavy. take a look at BSR rules and SM rules. make it simple and reduce variables. even if you pick a lousy suspension system, as long as everyone has the same lousy system, it's going to be fun.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 PM
imfc66
Intermediate

Mooty....

Would like to get it to 2700lbs with the cage and driver,but I think it would take a "static" weight of around 2400lbs to start. That would require many hours of labor and trick lightweight pieces, or a VERY,VERY skinny driver.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

BSR are at about 2500 static wt. (inc cage)
so you are right, it's tough to get cay s to 2400 static. but i think 2550 static with cage is possible.
no AC or interior though.
can't wait to see pix.

Quick Reply: Cayman Interseries Championsip/HSR