Sponsored by:

Canadian Motor Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Canadian Motor Speedway

The latest Inside Track has published details of the Canadian Motor Speedway that is scheduled to open in 2011. It includes a full-size NASCAR track AND...a 2.6 mile road course, to be located near Fort Erie...

Last edited by Bill N; 04-14-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Do you happen to have a larger version of that by chance?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shiners780
Do you happen to have a larger version of that by chance?
Sure.

Last edited by Bill N; 04-14-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:19 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Cool, thanks. Is that a recent article? I hadn't heard anything in several months, and was wondering if this project was moving forward.

That is closer to me than WGI.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

It's in the issue that just came in (June), so I imagine it's reasonably up to date. It looks like it could really be a fun track...worth the trek from Rochester or London, anyway. Here's hoping.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope its a go, perhaps it is receiving infrastructure stimulus funds. These are crazy times.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Nice to see the road course can function separately from the oval.

Could be rented to two groups at the same time. Oval guys can do their testing or regional races while the road course is hosting a DE or something.

I was a bit skeptical at first (I am still not sure they will earn their money back) but at least it looks like a decent facility.

And it helps to have Niagara Falls near for hotel space and general attractiveness of the area. Not to mention the vineyards in the area that is quickly becoming one of the more recognized wine regions in the western hemisphere.

I wish good luck to he developers.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 AM
TeamCRO
2nd Gear

Thumbs down

Read Message Below
Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, everything I've heard said it is going to happen. Looks like you're pushing your own agenda from your own board that no one responded to?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
TeamCRO
2nd Gear

I have spoke to them and I can post it all here as they don't even have a approval for it. I have been involved in motorsports for 10+ years and I have even seen pictures with guys breaking the earth with shovels but no track was built.

There is going to be a public open house for the Thursday June 4th 2pm to 4pm & 7pm to 9pm at Fort Erie Leisureplex Main Floor Banquet Hall @ 3 Municipal Centre Drive, Fort Erie Ontario.

Not sure if this means they have the OK from the Government or not message below.

The Speedway is hoped to be through approvals this year with construction starting in the Spring of 2010. Some preliminary work may begin as soon as this winter. The facility is hoped to be up and running 18 months after construction starts.

Hope this answers your question.

Aaron Butler, Jr. Planner
Urban & Environmental Management Inc.

Report to moderator 174.117.141.78 (?)

I got a call from a guy that will be at the open public house on June 4th (Sorry I forgot the name as it was a bad connection) and it sounded like what we have heard in the past.

I asked for more information and he said they don't have any for press as they want to hear what the locals have to say at the public open house.

My opinion is they are going to paint a pretty picture of how the track will help being money into the community. Show some photo's what the track will look like may even have a model of it on display who knows. Why a public open house? I would say they want to push it to get approval from the city and that would be the only reason I could see.

The approval has not been passed but these guys are making like they are ready to build it. I told him that if this doesn't happen it leaves a sour spot in Canadian racing again.

I also asked him how this will affect local tracks in the area and he said he has spoke to many of them and they would be doing cross promotions. That was funny to hear as many tracks have no clue about this project nor do they believe it's going to happen.

Without a nascar race how are they going to fill the seats? They say in the open house notice in the paper they will run many world class events for a variety of motorsports including automobile, Motorcycle, Motocross, Karting, Snowmobile, BMX and various other motorized and non-motorized public events.

Boy that is a huge list and without a NASCAR event there is no way they would fill the seats.

As I have said in the past I will believe it when I see the cars make their first lap around the track.

http://www.CanadianRacingOnline.com - Celebrating it's 10th year anniversary
Old 12-08-2009, 05:20 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a bump, but this was approved by the Fort Erie local council this evening by a unanimous vote. It goes to the Canadian regional council on Wednesday night, if it's approved there then the project goes forward.
And here is the website for it:

http://www.cdnmotorspeedway.com/

Guess CRO was wrong
Old 12-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Does this mean there might be commerce, other than "ballet", in Ft. Erie ???

Quick Reply: Canadian Motor Speedway