LSRPCA DE @ TWS May 2-3 Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
There were a few folks out there in white who need a refresher on passing etiquette. I had one guy ignore me in his mirror for an entire lap. I can see not getting your arm out for one passing zone, but all of them?
When I've suffered with that in the past, I've tracked down the offending car in the paddock and had a friendly, polite, non-confrontational discussion (seriously) with the drover. I've always had good results from that.

I also had my student(s) pull offline coming back into the paddock after a couple of run sessions this past weekend so we could stalk another car to its parking space. I needed to re-explain to them what 'stay on line' means when they are giving a passing signal. That explanation seems to have much greater effectiveness just off the hot track than it does in the classroom.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,663 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by weneversleep
Finally, good to see everyone and hang out. Truly the best part of the weekend is seeing old and new friends.

--michael
+ Juan

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Speaking of old friends, what ever happened to The Dude (boze_man)? Guy seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Had a good time as usual and it is fun to chase 997 GT3s in the blue run group. I think the flag stations should have thrown some passing flags earlier to resolve "faster" trains. However, I need to find out about rollbars to make the next step in my DE carreer ...
Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adrienne
I'm "officially" cleared for the Instructor Training Program. I declined it last year, as I was too busy with being Prez of the Hill Country Region. But next year I'll have the time, so what the heck!
Congrats, Adrienne! Bet you'll become a highly sought after instructor... might even give VR a run for his money.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Chicks dig me 'cause I rarely wear my Incredible Hulk underwear...

Fixed it for ya.

BTW, there were a bunch of black flags thrown in that session for no apparent reason. When I came around T2, they were holding out the black flag like they do for a full course black flag. Went right in to visit BF, and they said "why are you here?". There was no reason at all given, and I was sent right back out. weird.
Perfect! Guess I'll have to send them the money I promised....

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I verbally delivered a UN-spec sternly worded letter in my White classroom session on this topic on Saturday. Sadly, most of the folks who needed to hear it could not be bothered to come to class.......as usual.

Track Narcissists. You see them, but they don't see you.

Speaking of old friends, what ever happened to The Dude (boze_man)? Guy seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.
+1 He was gone for months, then dropped in for a few posts, and then he was gone again. I think it was work related the first time, so hopefully he'll be back.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
Track Narcissists. You see them, but they don't see you.
LMMFAO!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

LMMFAO!
+1. That was a good one. Sofa king true.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
amr89c4
Pro

Had a great time as usual and really like going CW! The Lone Star gang put on another great event and we got a mix of weather with none being too bad. It was great to learn driving a little offline in the wet but it was better that it dried up later and were able to build on what was learned the day before in the dry.

I was running in the blue group with my 20 year old 964 along with e9stibi and it was a lot of fun to play with the faster cars, at least in the turns. This being my third DE I'm no expert and none of the other blue guys are either, but, I'm thinking it would be better if those with the hot rods could only pass you if they could keep up with you in turns. I'd be glad to let the better drover by in the next passing zone. I might learn something following him.

Seems a lot of green and blue drivers forget the spirit of the DE event where your supposed to learn to drive. If all those guys can do is go fast in straight line they should consider Pinks All Out. Or maybe I should just shut up, get a second job and get a GT3. Ok, off the soap box
Old 05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Great weekend, weather, cars, track nuts, booze and Richard Jackson's new car......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Wam...layer_embedded
Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Are lap times generally quicker in the CW configuration, all other things being equal...?

I love TWS....

T
Old 05-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by c4s/exige
Great weekend, weather, cars, track nuts, booze and Richard Jackson's new car......

That is Richard's car - it doesn't appear to have a hood. Thanks again for the help, Hugh!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Hahaha! You should post the whole video, with his spin + John R's off outside 7.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

that was funny
bring it on
Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Are lap times generally quicker in the CW configuration, all other things being equal...?

I love TWS....

T
They should be, but I would guess that for most people, the lack of familiarity with CW keeps laps times higher. It is definitely faster on the front and back straights.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,236 Likes on 606 Posts

CW seems to me an easier more natural flow with less advantage to pure HP. I think the group as a whole will run a faster lap CW than CCW. CCW seems to have a far greater disparity in times depending on power.

Quick Reply: LSRPCA DE @ TWS May 2-3 Roll Call