Sponsored by:

LSRPCA DE @ TWS May 2-3 Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adrienne
I'm "officially" cleared for the Instructor Training Program. I declined it last year, as I was too busy with being Prez of the Hill Country Region. But next year I'll have the time, so what the heck!
That is great news! You'll be a very good instructor.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Miatas are known for getting hot inside, there are ways to stop the heat. I have dropped as much as 30 degrees floor surface temp, and 15+ degrees interior temp out of a Miata. Needless to say the difference was quite noticeable.
What's the secret? Asbestos floor mats? The trans tunnel gets so hot it will burn my arm if I rest my arm on it when I come in from a hot session. I suspect part of my issue is that I still have the stock exhaust with cat. That is probably radiating a lot of heat.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Eugene, did you film the session when you went out right behind me? I think it was Saturday?

unfortunately the camera was not on until Sunday for sessions 2-4. I know you just want to see how your *** looks.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
Great weekend
Thank you all!!!!

Hey thanks BTW for letting Jodi come up for Sat!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,561 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
unfortunately the camera was not on until Sunday for sessions 2-4. I know you just want to see how your *** looks.
You know it, baby! Nice to meet your lovely wife, by the way, I hope she had fun!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I had a great time, as usual. Thanks to the HUGE group of dedicated LSR volunteers!!

My mentee got hooked, as he is already making plans to come to the June event and bring friends. Yippee!! He shared that the event exceeded his expectations. He was very pleased how well the event was run. Kudos again to LSR!!

I'm "officially" cleared for the Instructor Training Program. I declined it last year, as I was too busy with being Prez of the Hill Country Region. But next year I'll have the time, so what the heck!

Congrats!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
You know it, baby! Nice to meet your lovely wife, by the way, I hope she had fun!
funny how she felt sick and had to leave immediately after meeting you. I guess she was overpowered by your "musk"

BTW I expect to see some sticker shots of your truck now
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

funny how she felt sick and had to leave immediately after meeting you. I guess she was overpowered by your "musk"

BTW I expect to see some sticker shots of your truck now

Hahahahahahahahahaaa!!!

Chicks dig me 'cause I rarely wear underwear...

Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

My mentee got hooked, as he is already making plans to come to the June event and bring friends. Yippee!! He shared that the event exceeded his expectations. He was very pleased how well the event was run. Kudos again to LSR!!

Quite a few of the NOOBS got hooked. I love it when they come in off the track from their first helmeted session and you can see that look in their eyes when you ask them how it went. You know right then that they will be back.

Congrats on being in ITS. You will do great.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

actually the black flag was for the white 964 ahead of me. I could not tell who was being flagged so I came in. That 964 had a nasty habit of dragging folks to the corner after giving a pass. That's what I think he may have been flagged for.
There were a few folks out there in white who need a refresher on passing etiquette. I had one guy ignore me in his mirror for an entire lap. I can see not getting your arm out for one passing zone, but all of them?

edit: BTW, there were a bunch of black flags thrown in that session for no apparent reason. When I came around T2, they were holding out the black flag like they do for a full course black flag. Went right in to visit BF, and they said "why are you here?". There was no reason at all given, and I was sent right back out. weird.

Very cool video Eugene. Sorry I didn't get to visit with you this weekend.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

actually the black flag was for the white 964 ahead of me. I could not tell who was being flagged so I came in. That 964 had a nasty habit of dragging folks to the corner after giving a pass. That's what I think he may have been flagged for.
I was right behind Globe and they pointed the flag right at me. I got the same explanation as Globe, "Why are you here?". They told me it was a mistake apologized and let me go. They must of had some new station workers practicing.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rlm328
I was right behind Globe and they pointed the flag right at me. I got the same explanation as Globe, "Why are you here?". They told me it was a mistake apologized and let me go. They must of had some new station workers practicing.
You should be working Bob, not playing on Rennlist.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
There were a few folks out there in white who need a refresher on passing etiquette.
I verbally delivered a UN-spec sternly worded letter in my White classroom session on this topic on Saturday. Sadly, most of the folks who needed to hear it could not be bothered to come to class.......as usual.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Well, I was one of those "backmarkers" in Red (and some White) sessions this weekend. I just was "off" in my driving, especially on Sunday. I think I can attribute that to a few factors: being a little physically and mentally tired (heat and humidity?), running on street tires (my R888s were heat-cycled out and ready to cord), and getting used to different brake pads.

Hope I didn't hold anyone up. I got lots of exercise holding my left arm out of the window.

The good parts of the weekend for me:

1. My students, as usual. Always fun to see good progress and them having a good time.

2. Brake judder issues are solved! Changed to PFC06 and new rotors in the front, and all is well. All along, it was the Hawk pads (DTC-70, HT-10) that just don't agree with me and/or my car. It took a while to get used to the feel of the pads, though--definitely different than the Hawks.

3. I had my first experience driving an older air-cooled 911 (a 1991 964) on the track. (I had driven a couple of students cars during no-helmet green sessions before, but never at speed.) It was a fellow instructor's car--not a student's car. I get why people love those cars so much, now--it really felt great, even though it was bone stock with cheap street tires and needed an alignment. I took it out during a Green session on Sunday, and I was driving so carefully that I had Green students passing me. (hey, I didn't want to buy the car if I wasn't taking it home, and I didn't want to hold up drivers in other faster run groups--I tried to stay out of traffic) Boy, was it a fun drive though.

Finally, good to see everyone and hang out. Truly the best part of the weekend is seeing old and new friends.

--michael
Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 PM
TR6
Drifting

Michael, it was fun hanging out with you at the Ho. Thanks for the beer!

Quick Reply: LSRPCA DE @ TWS May 2-3 Roll Call