Sponsored by:

NASA TWS April 18/19 + Friday test n tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rene
Weather is not looking good for Saturday.
Shisshhhh
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks Greg!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Thanks Greg!

Wish I was gonna be there, driving in the enduro as originally planned. GRRRR....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wish I was gonna be there, driving in the enduro as originally planned. GRRRR....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

That's what you get for counting on those Boxster guys.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard 12 for the enduro so far
Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rene
I heard 12 for the enduro so far
It is more than that and I know of a few that still havn't registered but will be doing it.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

So any news? How did it go? I talked to Rob and he said it was a soaker. We got 6" of rain in here within a few hours.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Speaking from the perspective of an HPDE (Comp student) participant, Saturday was a wash (pun intended). All but the enduro was rained out. The weather did clear up however, and the enduro started just a little late. I didn't actually stay until the end, but I think the overall winner was Glenn Landrum in his CMC car. There was a 944 (S2 I believe) in 2nd for awhile, but I heard they had a motor failure. There were several red / black flags due to spins/mechanical failures. Sorry, don't have much more specific than that, I spent the first hour or so trying to repair a collapsed ez-up canopy to no avail, and eventually left early to take my wife and 1yr old son to dinner and to get him to bed.

Sunday was nice, NASA did well to make up for lost time on Saturday. HPDE groups got five sessions. My day went fairly well, got promoted to HPDE4, so one more step towards my license. In our group it seemed the rules were merely suggestions, there were a few out there just doing whatever. Some were fast, some were just in fast cars, if you know what I mean. I never saw a blue flag thrown. I repeatedly got balked by a modded S2000 only to have him walk me on the straight (once after finally giving me a point-by ). Point-bys were evidently optional, I was passed several times before giving one, and I was even sandwiched (again no point given - it was too late) going into 1 by a Z06 and a C2 Cab. Oh, and this was only my second NASA event, but it seems that it is acceptible for anyone in the race groups to use a DE session for practice/testing. These things were all somewhat disconcerting, especially considering they had combined all four HPDE levels into one run group. I felt bad for the few folks on track for their first time. All in all it made for an interesting day.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad you made it out of there in one piece. NASA usually runs a very safe DE so it must been them trying to get everyone the time they missed combined with a bunch of people with cabin fever from the day before.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

I hope that was the case. My first one with them (March at Cresson) wasn't as bad but it still wasn't as tightly run as the PCA DEs I've attended. Of course those were DE-only weekends, and the instructors, officials, etc. were focused on only that.

Quick Reply: NASA TWS April 18/19 + Friday test n tune