I would do an enduro with her !
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM
jsh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Ya know, thinking about Danica ........
I would do an enduro with her !
I'd like to think that I could do an enduro with her, but it would probably be more like a quick sprint...
Old 04-08-2009, 01:30 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

I am looking forward to the T&T on Friday
Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Rene
Racer

Ill be there for the sprint races in GTS 3. whats the cost on the T&T i might try to make it.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rene
Ill be there for the sprint races in GTS 3. whats the cost on the T&T i might try to make it.
See details below

Event Name TWS Motorsports Test and Tune - April 17, 2009 (Test and Tune)
REGISTER @ www.clubregistration.net
Hosted by Texas World Speedway
Registrar pds@texasworldspeedway.com
Location/Venue Texas World Speedway
Event Dates 04/17/09 - 04/17/09
Closes 04/16/09
Description One day Test and Tune. Competition licensed and advanced drivers only. Price is $200. Garages are $25. We will start at 9am and end at 6pm. Driver's meeting will be at 8:45am. Look for emails with more information after you are registered. There is a minimum of 20 registered and paid drivers required by Monday, April 13, 2009 for this event to be held.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Rene
Great to see you out again! We missed you in Cresson.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

BTW - The Friday Test-n-Tune day is put on by TWS, not NASA.
Thats why the different registration.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

BTW - I received notice from Clifton that the enduro WILL happen as planned on Saturday, despite some earlier rumors that it could be cancelled.

Viking - is Jay running in the enduro?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:00 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
Viking - is Jay running in the enduro?
Not in the Porsche although it looks like he will be in something else.
Also,although not this race weekend, look out for me racing some new toys soon.

It would be fun in the 996 and I think we could probably go for overall win with it but it's just a little too much wear and tear on that car, so we will save it for the sprints. We have recently talked about building an enduro only car from the ground up with the same attention to detail as I did his 996. Not sure which weapon we would choose yet but all the choices we have considered at this point are P-cars.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Not in the Porsche although it looks like he will be in something else.
Also,although not this race weekend, look out for me racing some new toys soon.

It would be fun in the 996 and I think we could probably go for overall win with it but it's just a little too much wear and tear on that car, so we will save it for the sprints. We have recently talked about building an enduro only car from the ground up with the same attention to detail as I did his 996. Not sure which weapon we would choose yet but all the choices we have considered at this point are P-cars.
I think you'd be the favorite for the overall win with the right team driving. Do you really think the wear and tear is that great? I always thought one of the beautiful things about your car is that its not a high strung build, should go years without significant work being needed.

We will be running the event in my 26 year old chasis! Car should run great but the lack of power steering will take a toll on the drivers. We ran the 4 hour last year with 2 drivers but added a third for this year's event.

I'm pretty certain we'll be the oldest car on the grid, do we get a prize for that?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:07 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I think you'd be the favorite for the overall win with the right team driving. Do you really think the wear and tear is that great? I always thought one of the beautiful things about your car is that its not a high strung build, should go years without significant work being needed.

We will be running the event in my 26 year old chasis! Car should run great but the lack of power steering will take a toll on the drivers. We ran the 4 hour last year with 2 drivers but added a third for this year's event.

I'm pretty certain we'll be the oldest car on the grid, do we get a prize for that?
Well, you are right the wear and tear wouldn't really be too bad. We would have to figure a couple sets of tires. The biggest problem would be getting Jay to allow someone else to drive his baby. Other than Jay, I am the only one to have ever driven it since it was built.
He really wants to do well with the Nationals so risking the car in an enduro just doesn't make sense.

You should get a trophy for the oldest out there ! It also shows how well these cars are to be able to take a Porsche that old and still be out there competing.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

I'm concerned about tire wear myself. I usually run Hoosiers but we are switching to BFG R1 as we had good success going 4 hours on them last year. We are going to need a tire change though and will go through 2 sets. Since we can only change 2 tires at a time without leaving the hot pit, this could take us out of contention.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I'm concerned about tire wear myself. I usually run Hoosiers but we are switching to BFG R1 as we had good success going 4 hours on them last year. We are going to need a tire change though and will go through 2 sets. Since we can only change 2 tires at a time without leaving the hot pit, this could take us out of contention.
How long does it take you to change 2 tires ? If you can do it fast enough then it's worth doing. If not then consider going with a tire that can last the whole 8 hrs but at a 1-2 sec. slower pace.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Rene
Racer

Cresson is a long tow for me; I would have to take too much time off work I would need Friday & Monday off to travel. I heard we lost a GTS car at Cresson was it only Manny or did we lose anyone else?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:05 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Manny had a pretty big impact, not sure how quickly he'll be back up and running. Certainly fixable though, not a total loss. He came together with a Ferrari 360 that had spun on track.

BJ Farmer also has an incident but I expect to see him at TWS.

Quick Reply: NASA TWS April 18/19 + Friday test n tune