Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ZOOM-ZOOM
Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Manny had a pretty big impact, not sure how quickly he'll be back up and running. Certainly fixable though, not a total loss. He came together with a Ferrari 360 that had spun on track.

BJ Farmer also has an incident but I expect to see him at TWS.

The Ferrari was being driven by Steve Hill's wife.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-13-2009, 09:44 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
The Ferrari was being driven by Steve Hill's wife.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Correct and she wasn't the first to have spun there, there was some fluid on the track that may have started the cars spinning. I know of another driver,that went off just before her, that went thru it and said no grip was there and thought he lost traction from something on the track. It's his home track so he knows it pretty well.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:59 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Correct and she wasn't the first to have spun there, there was some fluid on the track that may have started the cars spinning. I know of another driver,that went off just before her, that went thru it and said no grip was there and thought he lost traction from something on the track. It's his home track so he knows it pretty well.
That was probably me. I had my own rear end wiggle through there just ahead of Jessica and Manny. A 944 had lost its engine in the corner beforehand and I suspect there was some residual left on track. I'm convinced it was fluid and not driver error that caused the chain of events.

I also noticed that the race after us flew the debris flag at the entry of Big Bend to start the race. There wasn't any debris down from the wreck so they must have suspected a fluid spill themselves.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

That was probably me. I had my own rear end wiggle through there just ahead of Jessica and Manny. A 944 had lost its engine in the corner beforehand and I suspect there was some residual left on track. I'm convinced it was fluid and not driver error that caused the chain of events.

I also noticed that the race after us flew the debris flag at the entry of Big Bend to start the race. There wasn't any debris down from the wreck so they must have suspected a fluid spill themselves.

Actually it was someone else, so you now make 2 people that felt something extra there. I had heard there was also something on the track and by watching the cleanup they were cleaning the area before the initial spin so I'm pretty sure something was on track, whether that is what caused Manny and Jessica to spin I don't know, although my common sense would guess it was a factor.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Any word on the # of entries for the enduro?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
Does enough suffice ?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Actually it was someone else, so you now make 2 people that felt something extra there. I had heard there was also something on the track and by watching the cleanup they were cleaning the area before the initial spin so I'm pretty sure something was on track, whether that is what caused Manny and Jessica to spin I don't know, although my common sense would guess it was a factor.
I slid a little in the braking zone causing a late entry and was offline a bit as a result, a little to the outside from where I should have been. Then got my own tail wag that I collected before going to the gas. As it was happening I was certain that I hit something funny out there.

While on the straight I heard tires screaching and looked up in the rear view to see Jessica sideways and then watched as Manny came through behind her. Not a pretty site. Both drivers were OK though, which is most important.

Interestingly Jay felt that there was no fluid on the track and he and Kevin Mixon has a funny exchange about the topic after the race. I think the difference was that Jay took a tight line through the turn and was online, where as if you were wide just a little bit you hit the stuff.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
Race is definately a go! Please remember to bring your suit, balaclava, and helmet for refuel duties.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Interestingly Jay felt that there was no fluid on the track and he and Kevin Mixon has a funny exchange about the topic after the race. I think the difference was that Jay took a tight line through the turn and was online, where as if you were wide just a little bit you hit the stuff.
I wasn't going to get into those specifics but since you have..... after they went back out on the track to inspect the cleanup they found exactly that, there was an oil line on a certain section of the track, and then the topic between them became which one was driving the correct line.

Kevin had hit the spot and been off as well, Jay never felt it. I am guessing the line you drive the Vette and the line you drive the Porsche are a little different.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:26 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Race is definately a go! Please remember to bring your suit, balaclava, and helmet for refuel duties.
Done. We'll be there around 10:00 or earlier.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:40 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Is there a schedule of the races published somewhere? I'm going to come up and spectate, but would like to figure out when the best time to be there is.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Is there a schedule of the races published somewhere? I'm going to come up and spectate, but would like to figure out when the best time to be there is.
http://www.nasatxracing.com/docs/TWSApr2009sched.pdf
Old 04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
SG_M3
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I may show up in GTS2, depends if the car i done. Engine swap....again.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weather is not looking good for Saturday.

Quick Reply: NASA TWS April 18/19 + Friday test n tune