Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 MALAYSIAN GP , NEWS , UPDATES AND RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Todsimpson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alonso leaves McLaren, yet somehow all the drama continues without him.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,280 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
So who's the first team to work in the new diffuser into their package (other than the first three) once the enhanced diffuser is declared legal. Will more rear downforce settle the McLarens.
Ask and you shall receive......

BMW developing Brawn-like diffuser
06 April 2009

Mario Theissen has expressed his satisfaction with the performance shown by the BMW team in last weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix. Althuogh Robert Kubica retired on the first lap with no drive due to a pheumatic leak, Nick Heidfeld made the most of a one-stop strategy to pit at precisely the right time before taking second place as the race was red flagged. Theissen also gave his reasons for BMW's protesting of three teams, and explained how the team is developing its own solution.

"We sent Nick into the race with plenty of fuel, due to his grid position and anticipation of the weather conditions," team principal Dr. Theissen explained. "It was risky, but it paid off - the calculations were exactly right." With no need to pit for fuel, the experienced German stayed out on track until pitting for wet tyres at the moment of the torrential downpour, finding himself in second position at the end of lap 31, which is where the final classification of the race was decided from having been stopped with 32 laps completed - this is standard proceedure in Formula 1, as the results of a stopped race are always determined by the order from the lap before the stoppage. "Hats off!" Theissen continued. "Nick kept a cool head in extremely difficult conditions and produced the ideal result. My compliments go to him and, of course, to the entire team, who worked flawlessly."

BMW team principal, Mario Theissen
He continued to explain BMW's motives behind the protest against the Brawn, Williams and Toyota teams, which will be coming to a head during the hearing at the FIA's International Court of Appeal (ICA) in Paris next Tuesday. "Once again, the dominance of the teams using the two-level diffuser was there for all to see in Malaysia," he continued. "As early as qualifying, it was difficult to break the trio's stranglehold."

The German admitted that the team is currently developing a so-called 'double diffuser' of their own, in the event of the devices being declared legal by the governing body. "The FIA must take urgent action to clarify the situation, and to rule out different interpretations of the regulations" Theissen continued. "This kind of thing is not good for the sport; sport is only interesting if everyone plays to the same rules. The diffuser issue is the equivalent of a 100m race, in which some runners start 10m in front of the rest of the field - the result would be meaningless.

"With this in mind, we lodged a protest after qualifying in Malaysia. It is purely a formal matter, and is intended to ensure that the result in Malaysia is also taken into consideration in the judge's decision in the appeal proceedings next week.

"We have, of course, been forced to start developing a similar solution. The teams without the so-called double diffuser must retrofit their cars in order to be competitive, and this cannot be done in one fell swoop. The trio already racing with the part will also continue to develop, and we must assume that there is still potential for plenty of improvements in this sensitive area."
Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,280 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Or at the very least, arrange for Bob Varsha to give a 'Shout Out' to the 3 Amigos Racing team.
That would be awesome!!! Image Wayne's face when he hears, "And another mention to the Rennlist 3 Amigos racing team of Pete, Lewis and Ray S." Priceless
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by insite
so are you saying bob is wrong, or are you just being a *****? he is 100% correct. but then you must have already known that.....
Looks like you edited your previous KVA reference to measure a voltage. Good for you.... You probably need to think a wee bit... How many antennae are around a racing circuit? Do you really think that lightening would choose a car with fat rubber tyres over a pointy antenna to get down? If you do, please tell me that you are not an electrical engineer!

Over and out, this is a racing forum.... even if your post did make me lagh!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,540 Likes on 813 Posts

The word is LIGHTNING, not lightening.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Or at the very least, arrange for Bob Varsha to give a 'Shout Out' to the 3 Amigos Racing team.
Varsha , maybe .Machett and Hobbs are 2 busy trying to figure where to swing .....

Hamilton or Button ......

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
The word is LIGHTNING, not lightening.

Professional **** Hat Coach

A real **** hat ..

light·en 1 (ltn)
Lightening
3. To give off flashes of lightning.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
A real **** hat ..

light·en 1 (ltn)
Lightening
3. To give off flashes of lightning.

Thanks for proving my point, Twig & Berries.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F1

would you two lighten up...... BTW, I did not go to Evil Engineering school for nothing!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobt993
would you two lighten up......

LOL....well played.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Better still would be a pic of all the color draining out of Wayne's face as the words are spoken......
Old 04-06-2009, 11:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe it is time for a mass email campaign to SpeedTV....we HAVE to get a 3 Amigos Shout Out this season......
Old 04-07-2009, 12:29 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

I actually got Varsha to answer an email of mine once, maybe I should put in a good word for ya...
Old 04-07-2009, 12:35 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think there is much work to be done to get a "shout out"

Based upon the expert opinions here, the next F1 star is sure to stem from our ranks, and he damned well better remember the "shout out".

Last edited by PogueMoHone; 04-07-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
I actually got Varsha to answer an email of mine once, maybe I should put in a good word for ya...
I realize my memory is getting 'fuzzy', but IIRC, I saw Varsha and his son at a kart race once.
IIRC, they are/were sponsored by the guy who makes Molecule suit wash.

IMHO, the Rennlist Racing/DE forum DESERVES a Shout Out, given the time and disk space that has been invested (yes, some more than others) in the past.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't the SpeedTV commentators used to give shout-outs to different fan groups watching F1 around the country. Vaguely remember that.

Quick Reply: 09 MALAYSIAN GP , NEWS , UPDATES AND RESULTS