09 MALAYSIAN GP , NEWS , UPDATES AND RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009 | 12:00 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jpinkert
1.21 gigawatts + KERS could be some fun...

But when they hit 88 mph on the front straight . . .

Hey Heikki, maybe go a little slower (but stay ahead of Force India) you might get a little further.
Old 04-06-2009 | 12:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
The amigos are pretty quite of late ... Lewis , Ray , wikipetey ......
Still here.
I'm just waiting you to extole the virtues of your selected driver, IIRC it was Alosno, since you have failed to do so thus far.
Old 04-06-2009 | 01:18 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Did you see Kimi hop onto the nose of the car and then the ground? Varsha commented that you should never touch car + ground simultaneously with KERS.

As I have said, KERS islunacy thought up by some eurotrash PC asshat. It will likely get someone killed.
+1,000,000

Best part of the race is when it ended (or suspended?), Massa was flipping out about his visor or something and the rest of the drivers were all in a dither for various reasons. Meanwhile Kimi is already in the pits, out of race attire, getting an ice cream and coke.....
Old 04-06-2009 | 01:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Still here.
I'm just waiting you to extole the virtues of your selected driver, IIRC it was Alosno, since you have failed to do so thus far.
Yes , glad you took notice , FA is still dah one !

Now for more Amigo Ferrari news ..............................

Ferrari boss says errors unacceptable

Autosport.com :
By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Monday, April 6th 2009, 10:21 GMT

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali says the Italian squad's errors in the last race in Malaysia are unacceptable and that the situation must be rectified immediately.

Ferrari has endured its worst start to a season since 1992, when the team also failed to score points in the first two races of the season.

The Sepang weekend was filled with costly errors, like Felipe Massa missing the cut to go into Q2 on Saturday because of a misjudgement, or an early gamble to change Kimi Raikkonen's tyres in the race.

Domenicali admitted the situation is unacceptable and says everyone at the team has to accept responsibility for their errors.

"Well, of course it is not a positive weekend," Domenicali told reporters. "It is the second one in a row and it is not good, for sure. Anyway, what we have to do is react immediately.

"The people have to take their own responsibility for things, and this is important in the moment where either from the performance point of view, and the management point of view, things are not going well. This is for sure not acceptable, and I am not accepting that.

"So what we have to do now on one side is to work very hard to try to anticipate as much as we can, all of the development on the car. Then on the other side, on the track, we want to make sure that people with certain responsibilities are taking the right decisions in the right way, because of course this is something that we cannot accept for the future."

The Italian made it clear, however, that the team must not only avoid more errors, but also work hard to make sure the F60 car is competitive enough to fight in front.

"We have to consider two things. On the performance point of view, we have to make sure that we are able to bring back in China something straight away. That should be the case already for Shanghai," he added.

"We know, from what we have seen, that it is on the aero side where we have to make a difference. So, it is just an aerodynamic development that is really needed. We need to have more downforce. This is the most critical point of the car that we have seen now.

"So, this is the most important thing that we have to do at home. We have to work day and night, to try to anticipate all that we can to improve the performance of the car.

"Then the other thing on the performance - we need to see why on one side, our car for example on Friday, with lots of fuel, was very, very competitive on the soft tyres the more we were running. And yet with other tyres, it is very difficult.

"So, there is a car that is very, very sensitive to the different fuel loads and to the typology of the tyres.

"From the management point of view, of course we have to do an improvement – because it is something that we cannot accept any more for the future."

Ohhh My , is that a DONKEY KART Renault ahead AGAIN !!!!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-06-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2009 | 01:51 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobt993
If your suggesting that the tires insulate the car from the KVA potential of a lightning strike, this is not correct. The voltage potential of a lighting would easily find it's way to ground even with tires. It is the Faraday cage effect that protects you in a vehicle since the electrical charge travels on the surface of a conductive object. Having your head sticking up out of the cockpit is not a good idea though. If you think electricity directly hitting a car from several miles up would then not travel another 6 inches to the ground then think again.

Insulating from the KERS, yes, because while on board a carbon fiber car, you are at the same potential as the charged surface should you touch it. Hoping out of the car avoids being a conductor to ground.
I guess that my 6 years of Engineering school and 2 masters were for nothing then ... Thanks for the lesson.
Old 04-06-2009 | 02:53 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MTosi
+1,000,000

Best part of the race is when it ended (or suspended?), Massa was flipping out about his visor or something and the rest of the drivers were all in a dither for various reasons. Meanwhile Kimi is already in the pits, out of race attire, getting an ice cream and coke.....

That was hilarious. He's in cargo shorts, flip flops, and a t shirt, munching on an ice cream popsicle & grabbing a Coke out of the fridge. He may be faster getting back to street attire than he is on track!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-06-2009 | 03:24 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

So the next iteration of the Ferrari chassis will have the enlarged rear diffuser and a fishing pole on the nose with a gelatto or ice cream dangling from it.

That TV shot of Kimi in comfortable attire going for an ice cream whilst nearly everyone on the grid was either by their cars or sitting in their cars was priceless.
Kimi's definitely got his priorities straight.

Vrooom vroooom race cars. Go fast. Turn hard. KERS.
Uuuuh! Ice Cream.
Old 04-06-2009 | 03:35 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...Renault ahead AGAIN !!!!!
Attached Images     
Old 04-06-2009 | 04:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Default OK Sir A.Wayne...spin this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7985669.stm

Sounds like McLaren might be competing in NA$CAR after they're thrown out of the F1 championship.....
Old 04-06-2009 | 04:33 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

Try not to confuse Twig & Berries with FACTS, Finn. He is too busy shaving his back in case Fernanda Alonsette comes knocking on his trailer park door.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-06-2009 | 04:50 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jrotsaert
I guess that my 6 years of Engineering school and 2 masters were for nothing then ... Thanks for the lesson.
so are you saying bob is wrong, or are you just being a *****? he is 100% correct. but then you must have already known that.....
Old 04-06-2009 | 04:51 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

agreed! i loved the engineer's response to massa! "be cool! be COOL! we will GET you a visor!'
Old 04-06-2009 | 05:21 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

+1,000,000

"...I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
They say all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy..."
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2009 | 06:00 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

+1,000,000

That's why I love that guy. He's truly the ice man.
Old 04-06-2009 | 06:04 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I finally had a chance to see the race, and thought that it was a GREAT race until it stopped. Then... just an empty feeling. Hate to see that and it's happened only 5 times in the 60 year history of F1?

Great pass by Kimi on Alonso and an even better set up of the 2 time champ

What is it about F1 threads that make people so nasty? I'm as guilty as anyone else with having to educate Wayne and Wanna911. I don't pretend to know about what a lightning strike will do on an F1 car with KERS, but IIRC, the safest place to be in a lightning storm is in a car, right? Of course, all bets are off in an open air car...

I love the spin the Hamilton corner is putting on the whole situation that happened last week in Austrialia. "Lewis and his father are so upset that they might change teams" is just crazy. McLaren threw their sacrificial lamb to the wolves already. Let it go. You are what you are.

I'm still working hard to get McLaren to try to steal Ferrari's secrets FROM THIS YEAR.

Quick Reply: 09 MALAYSIAN GP , NEWS , UPDATES AND RESULTS