Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Disqualified!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 04:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
So Hamilton should have been 3rd correct and Jarno 4th...but now somehow Hamilton is DQ'd due to 2 different story's between the media and stewards?

Am I saying this correctly?
Drums,

Basically Hamilton was rightfully in 3rd under the safety car because Trulli ran wide on a corner and Hamilton passed him. Hamilton was told to give back the position by his team (mistake #1). Trulli took it back under yellow (when Hamilton let him by.

Realizing they had made a mistake, McLaren protested Trulli in order to get back 3rd position AFTER the race. Their argument was that Trulli passed them under yellow. As a result, Trulli is penalized 25 seconds and taken out of the points.

After the race and BEFORE Hamilton is summoned along with Trulli to the stewards room for an explaination about the MCLAREN protest, Hamilton tells SpeedTV, he was told to let Trulli by.

Hamilton then lies to the steward during the inquiry and told then that HE absolutely did NOT let Trulli by and that Trulli over took him under yellow.

MUCH TO TRULLI AND TOYOTAS CREDIT, THEY ELECTED TO NOT APPEAL THE RULING BY THE STEWARDS.

Only after the two conflicting stories surface in the media do the stewards realize that Hamilton might have lied. They request radio transmission that confirm he and the team lied.

The FIA steps in and reverses the penalty against Trulli putting him back in 3rd as he did nothing wrong and IT IS IN THE RULE BOOK THAT A CAR CAN OVERTAKE ANOTHER IF WAIVED BY UNDER YELLOW

It basically comes down to Hamilton and McLaren making a mistake, not owning up to losing that 1 point, getting greedy and trying to (and almost succeeding) to discredit Trulli and Toyota by protesting them and getting their points taken away.

You can't made this up. The world of Formula One is an incredible soap opera.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone have the actual transript of exactly what Hamilton told the stewards? I thought I saw a link to it at one point but now can't find it.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:31 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Does anyone have the actual transript of exactly what Hamilton told the stewards? I thought I saw a link to it at one point but now can't find it.
Post #23
Old 04-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
Post #23
That's just the transcript of the radio. I'm talking about the stewards meeting. So far all I see is lots of hearsay and no actual thing documenting what Hamilton told the stewards.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
No not really.

Racer 1 boff the corner and goes off, Racer 2 pases Racer 1 while he was trimming the grass. Racer 2 then slows to let racer 1 back into position.

FIA sees racer 1 pass under yellow. Racer 1 says racer 2 slowed to let me by. Racer 2 says "No I never slowed down". FIA says clear case Racer 1 penalty. Then FIA learns racer 2 did slow and effectivly wave racer 1 back by, but lied to FIA when asked what happend. FIA get pissed at Racer 2 lying about.
Yes I see that now. Not good trying to toss another racer under the bus like that. LH had the right idea in car that he did not have to give the place back but his team and after race mouth let him down.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's just the transcript of the radio. I'm talking about the stewards meeting. So far all I see is lots of hearsay and no actual thing documenting what Hamilton told the stewards.
Give it up already, Hamilton & McLaren ****ed up and were penalized. How is an official statement from FIA a hearsay?

Quote from FIA Statement:

“The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code, the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly."
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, with that BIG front wing they're running this year, they could probably strap on a string of KC Lites or Hella driving lights so the drivers can see the corners in those ridiculous shadows.

Or just move the start time to a reasonable hour.

So with Melbourne and Singapore, the teams will have 2 races to use on-car lighting.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Give it up already, Hamilton & McLaren ****ed up and were penalized. How is an official statement from FIA a hearsay?

Quote from FIA Statement:

“The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code, the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly."
Where do you see me harping on everything. I'm just curious what was said and how it was said. We have the radio which certainly indicates Hamilton wanted to make sure the right thing was done. Then with some time to think I'm truly curious how his story changed. What was the evidence they say misled them? We have all the facts but what was actually said that got him thrown out of the race. I think he lied and deserved a punishment. But boy it sure would be nice to have the truth. I think the past actions by the FIA have shown that some transparency would be nice.

Don't get all in a tizzy because someone wants facts. It just makes you sound like one of the usual F1 drones in here.

The only thing I've jumped up and down about is that Trulli is skating through all this looking like a good guy when he drove off course while behind the saftey car.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where do you see me harping on everything. I'm just curious what was said and how it was said. We have the radio which certainly indicates Hamilton wanted to make sure the right thing was done. Then with some time to think I'm truly curious how his story changed. What was the evidence they say misled them? We have all the facts but what was actually said that got him thrown out of the race. I think he lied and deserved a punishment. But boy it sure would be nice to have the truth. I think the past actions by the FIA have shown that some transparency would be nice.

Don't get all in a tizzy because someone wants facts. It just makes you sound like one of the usual F1 drones in here.

The only thing I've jumped up and down about is that Trulli is skating through all this looking like a good guy when he drove off course while behind the saftey car.
The evidence that mislead them was the fact that Hamilton let Trulli by by slowing down and moving over.
Originally they (Mc & H.) didn't tell that to stewards (who at the time didn't have the radio transcripts either) and then of course penalized Trulli.

After the stewards saw the TV interview where Hamilton said he slowed down and let Trulli by, they wanted to open the investigations again, requested McLaren radio transcripts and found out that this (Hammy slowing etc.) was, in fact, true which meant Trulli didn't break any rules by "passing" Hamilton.
That's why Hamilton was thrown out.

Trulli made a mistake by driving off the track but he didn't do anything wrong from FIA's, nor rules', point of view.

I'm not tizzy at all, I just can't see the point of going this over and over again when it's very clear (at least to me) what happened even when we haven't heard every single word of the discussions that have gone over the past few days.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Drums,

Basically Hamilton was rightfully in 3rd under the safety car because Trulli ran wide on a corner and Hamilton passed him. Hamilton was told to give back the position by his team (mistake #1). Trulli took it back under yellow (when Hamilton let him by.

Realizing they had made a mistake, McLaren protested Trulli in order to get back 3rd position AFTER the race. Their argument was that Trulli passed them under yellow. As a result, Trulli is penalized 25 seconds and taken out of the points.

After the race and BEFORE Hamilton is summoned along with Trulli to the stewards room for an explaination about the MCLAREN protest, Hamilton tells SpeedTV, he was told to let Trulli by.

Hamilton then lies to the steward during the inquiry and told then that HE absolutely did NOT let Trulli by and that Trulli over took him under yellow.

MUCH TO TRULLI AND TOYOTAS CREDIT, THEY ELECTED TO NOT APPEAL THE RULING BY THE STEWARDS.

Only after the two conflicting stories surface in the media do the stewards realize that Hamilton might have lied. They request radio transmission that confirm he and the team lied.

The FIA steps in and reverses the penalty against Trulli putting him back in 3rd as he did nothing wrong and IT IS IN THE RULE BOOK THAT A CAR CAN OVERTAKE ANOTHER IF WAIVED BY UNDER YELLOW

It basically comes down to Hamilton and McLaren making a mistake, not owning up to losing that 1 point, getting greedy and trying to (and almost succeeding) to discredit Trulli and Toyota by protesting them and getting their points taken away.

Pete-
That's the best explanation of this fiasco I've read so far.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn step away for a few hrs and now this ......................

Originally Posted by PorscheZen
Hamilton has a bit of Schumacher in him - Both are Capricorns. Both have the will to win at all costs - even to the point of "bending" the rules to their own agendas.
I can see LH messing with Truli to get him to re-pass him to create a situation where Trulli is penalized.

I think Lewis is really very (boyishly) upset at the fact that the McLaren is not looking good and his championship hopes are looking like Schumacher's from 2005... Plus the fact that Button will be swiftly stealing his fire in the UK.

Overall, Lewis is STILL a "boy racer" in my opinion. Hasn't become a man yet. Alonso did when he got the **** kicked out of him at McLaren. Last year Alonso grew up by showing true character/moxy in the way he committed himself the the development of the Renault and kicked total *** on track. As someone said: "F1 doesn't build character, it reveals it..."

I didn't like the penalty imposed on LH - just because the FIA and the stewards appear to overdo it at every turn. It also seems like the laying down of penalties to LH are over the top (Spa, 2008)... While Ferrari gets felated by the FIA weekly
Yes he is definitely developing schumacher cheating tendencies on his way to 7 wdc. Unfortunately when he was doing the same against FA , these same detractors where in his corner

Originally Posted by early_grayce
The F1 is full of such BS, race after race, they choose to pick on such unimportant issues.

Who cares whether Hamilton mislead the stewards in the heat of a post-race interview? Make a decision, put him in fourth, give Trulli third and be done with it.

Should they try to read the minds of all drivers and decide whether one guy tried to block someone, or whether someone tried run another driver off the track every time there's contact? Then ask them if they meant to do it? What's the point??

Let them drive. Let them race. Make objective and fair decisions. Impossible, I know...
By running off the track while behind the pace car means Trulli will or should be penalized , as you are limited to the speed you can travle on course while the pace car is deployed . Quite possibly Trulli exceeded this limit.

Originally Posted by Ray S
Wayne is 100% in favor of deciding who he 100% favors of after 100% of the race is over and 100% of the penalties have been decided.

I hope that is 100% clear....
The most clear and concise explanation from you in 3 yrs ...........

Originally Posted by Pete
Drums,

Haaaaa ha Inspector Dupree again , more dis-information wackypete ...

Toyota did not appeal as the appeal would have shown Trulli exceeded the safe speed limit under the safty car when he went off .

Funny how you condone blatant lying and thievery from Schumacher and now condemn Hamilton because he acts like him .................

This is much about nothing and more about this

Ecclestone :

The billionaire said he doesn't mind hard business tactics, but detests when the threats are empty.

"If they come in here with a gun and hold it to my head, they had better be sure they can ****ing pull the trigger. And they should make sure it's got bullets in it because, if they miss, they better look out," Ecclestone warned.

This was directed at Renault and Mclaren

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...24093202.shtml

regarding :
At least two team bosses threatened to boycott this weekend's Australian Grand Prix, it has emerged.

London's the Times newspaper reports that Flavio Briatore of Renault, and McLaren's Ron Dennis, recently told Bernie Ecclestone they would not send their cars and equipment to Melbourne due to a dispute over unpaid income.

The Melbourne newspaper Herald Sun, meanwhile, said Ferrari may also have been involved in a boycott threat, so angry was the team and chief rival McLaren about the FIA's latest rule changes.

Mclaren must have expected this and stupidly gave ecclestone the crack he needed to Peg them , renault better be watching ...............

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-02-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Wow Wayne,

You haven't been heard from all day, and after a long day of drinking you come in here and make no sense at all about anything and throw out things that aren't even on topic. Sweet!! Your posts continue to expose you for the nut job you really are. Go have another drink on me

BTW, if you bothered to read the statement by Trulli, he stated that he had misjudged the corner due to the shadows there. He made a mistake in driving, but not in his morals. But nice try for the deflection away from the real issue.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
McLaren's Kung Fu is not strong.

They need much better techs to edit their radio communications for official consumption.

Or a much better PR person to paraphrase and interpret team radio communications.

Or someone to constantly help Lewis tell the truth.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

...The only thing I've jumped up and down about is that Trulli is skating through all this looking like a good guy when he drove off course while behind the saftey car.
So running off course while behind the safety car makes him a bad guy? We should be praising him and Toyota for not whining like little bitches, just as Louis and McLaren did...
Originally Posted by Flying Finn
The evidence that mislead them was the fact that Hamilton let Trulli by by slowing down and moving over.
Originally they (Mc & H.) didn't tell that to stewards (who at the time didn't have the radio transcripts either) and then of course penalized Trulli.

After the stewards saw the TV interview where Hamilton said he slowed down and let Trulli by, they wanted to open the investigations again, requested McLaren radio transcripts and found out that this (Hammy slowing etc.) was, in fact, true which meant Trulli didn't break any rules by "passing" Hamilton.
That's why Hamilton was thrown out.

Trulli made a mistake by driving off the track but he didn't do anything wrong from FIA's, nor rules', point of view.

I'm not tizzy at all, I just can't see the point of going this over and over again when it's very clear (at least to me) what happened even when we haven't heard every single word of the discussions that have gone over the past few days.
+1
Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...By running off the track while behind the pace car means Trulli will or should be penalized , as you are limited to the speed you can travle on course while the pace car is deployed . Quite possibly Trulli exceeded this limit.

Toyota did not appeal as the appeal would have shown Trulli exceeded the safe speed limit under the safty car when he went off.
What is wrong with you??
Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Funny how you condone blatant lying and thievery from Schumacher and now condemn Hamilton because he acts like him .................
+1
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW (not much) we met Jarno and he is damn funny - and comes across as a family kinda guy who is 'doing his job' w/o much passion.

Then again, with all the bnll**** in F1, what passion *could* be left..........

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Disqualified!!!!