Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Disqualified!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Drums,

Basically Hamilton was rightfully in 3rd under the safety car because Trulli ran wide on a corner and Hamilton passed him. Hamilton was told to give back the position by his team (mistake #1). Trulli took it back under yellow (when Hamilton let him by.

Realizing they had made a mistake, McLaren protested Trulli in order to get back 3rd position AFTER the race. Their argument was that Trulli passed them under yellow. As a result, Trulli is penalized 25 seconds and taken out of the points.

After the race and BEFORE Hamilton is summoned along with Trulli to the stewards room for an explaination about the MCLAREN protest, Hamilton tells SpeedTV, he was told to let Trulli by.

Hamilton then lies to the steward during the inquiry and told then that HE absolutely did NOT let Trulli by and that Trulli over took him under yellow.

MUCH TO TRULLI AND TOYOTAS CREDIT, THEY ELECTED TO NOT APPEAL THE RULING BY THE STEWARDS.

Only after the two conflicting stories surface in the media do the stewards realize that Hamilton might have lied. They request radio transmission that confirm he and the team lied.

The FIA steps in and reverses the penalty against Trulli putting him back in 3rd as he did nothing wrong and IT IS IN THE RULE BOOK THAT A CAR CAN OVERTAKE ANOTHER IF WAIVED BY UNDER YELLOW

It basically comes down to Hamilton and McLaren making a mistake, not owning up to losing that 1 point, getting greedy and trying to (and almost succeeding) to discredit Trulli and Toyota by protesting them and getting their points taken away.

You can't made this up. The world of Formula One is an incredible soap opera.
Thanks Pete...WOW...I am a Hamilton fan but he and the team really mess this up. I am very disapointed in their actions as a fan.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Under SC Racer #1 boffs a corner and Racer #2 overtakes him. Racer #2 gives the spot back before the race restarts. Racer #2 gets a DQ for the next race?

Only in F1.
Exactly.

F1 wants McLaren out or something, or maybe just promote loser teams to the podium.

F1 is prestige for Mercedes, but that's just BS.

They should just pull all their $$$ out and watch F1 become a complete joke.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:18 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
Exactly.

F1 wants McLaren out or something, or maybe just promote loser teams to the podium.

F1 is prestige for Mercedes, but that's just BS.

They should just pull all their $$$ out and watch F1 become a complete joke.
read below before commenting...
The issue isn't that he (Louise) let Trulli by and was still DQ'd. The issue is that he passed Trulli when the SC came out. Unsure whether or not it was a legal pass (only reason I can think of as to why the next events occur), he let's Trulli by (a mistake made by McLaren and Hammy). Then the fact is that Hamilton let Trulli by by slowing down and moving over.

Originally McLaren and Hammy didn't say that to stewards. In fact they filed a complaint saying that Trulli had passed them under yellow/SC. Unfortunately the stewards didn't have the radio transcripts at the time and of course Trulli was penalized.

Afterwards the stewards were able to see the TV interview where Hammy admits to slowing down and letting Trulli by. Of-course the stewards then determing that they want to re-open the investigation/case. McLaren provided their radio transcripts in which the stewards find out that Hammy did in fact slow down and let Trulli by and therefore Trulli didn't break any of the rules/regulations.

The stewards determine that McLaren and Hammy withheld that information on purpose and for the unethical reason of misleading the original stewards investigation. This is why McLaren and Hamilton were DQ'd.

Trulli didn't do anything wrong according to the rules/regulations and the FIA. His penalty was taken away and they moved him to third. A position vacated by the fact that McLaren and Hammy were DQ'd for lying and with-holding vital information to the investigation/stewards.

I hope this clarifies it to you.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

The beatings on this one are not over yet for team or driver. L.H. may be watching Sepang on tv with his ***** Cat Doll.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I gather that Hamilton is looking for a job in politics now There will be wakes following this.... the McLaren boys better get their **** condoms ready.

Lewis Hamilton gave a solo press conference in Malaysia on Friday afternoon to apologise to the world for his role in deceiving the race stewards in Melbourne.

ITV.com/F1 columnist James Allen was there and gives his reaction here.

Things are moving so fast here in Sepang it makes your head spin.

Lewis Hamilton has just made an appearance in the media centre and given what has to be the most frank and open admission of guilt and apology we have seen in this sport.

He sat alone on the stage and spoke for a little over 10 minutes, his voice cracking at times, his body language full of anguish and regret.

“When I went into the [stewards’] meeting…I just wanted to tell the story, say what happened,” he said.

“Whilst waiting for the stewards I was instructed – and misled – by my team manager to withhold information, and that’s what I did.

“I sincerely apologise to the stewards for wasting their time.

“I would like to say a big sorry to all my fans who have believed in me and supported me for years.

“Who I’ve showed you I am the past three years is who I am. I’m not a liar. I’m not a dishonest person.

“I’m a team player and every time I’ve been informed to do something I’ve done it.

“This time I’ve realised that it was a huge mistake, and I’m learning from it. It’s taken a huge toll on me.”

Hamilton and Ryan have been in the stewards’ room together on many occasions over the past two years and the only thing we didn’t get the chance to ask is whether this is the first time Ryan ‘instructed’ Hamilton to lie.

I’m sure that the FIA will consider this when the World Council look at the situation.

Actually by making such a frank admission, it’s likely that Lewis will escape a ban or even a suspended ban.

The damage to his reputation and the loss of the result in Australia are likely to be deemed punishment enough.

The FIA’s Alan Donnelly was at the back of the room listening and the event was televised by FOM’s TV crew, so it was a really public affair.

Hamilton has been criticised in the past for not putting his hands up and saying ‘sorry’ often enough. He couldn’t avoid it on this occasion.

The room was full of media from all around the world, with the Fleet Street boys on the front row.

At the end there was a light round of applause from some journalists, as Hamilton walked from the room, his shoulders sagging.

How the public will view him now, only time will tell – but it’s been a savagely bad start to the season for Hamilton, for McLaren and for new team principal Martin Whitmarsh.

Other teams are surprised that McLaren have allowed this to come down to individuals, that they have not stuck together as a team.

By singling out Ryan, they have acted in a way which is different from the team spirit of McLaren in the past.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Did "they" single out Ryan, or did Prince Lewis do it? If it was the team, the team should have come forward and admitted they instructed their employee (Hamilton) to tell the story as the team dictated. This would have largely exonerated Hamilton, although he is still guilty of lying to follow team orders - if that was the case!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Murmurings on BBC world radio is that Hamilton as having a strained relationship (don't know where that came from) with McLaren and this team radio fiasco may be the beginnings of Hamilton thinking about switching teams.
[/rumor off]

What would Ferrari be like with Alonso/Hamilton as team drivers. (Just musing)
Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
What would Ferrari be like with Alonso/Hamilton as team drivers. (Just musing)
That would be too much ego under one roof even for Ferrari's standards.

BTW, I may be a little cynical but wasn't that exactly what Hamilton HAD TO DO in order to save his ***? Anything less and he was done. So McLaren finds a sacrificial lamb and then it's business as usual. Any news on the fate of the "team manager?"
Old 04-03-2009, 01:53 PM
DanR
Drifting

Originally Posted by ilko
Any news on the fate of the "team manager?"
He has been suspended and sent home
Old 04-03-2009, 05:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

This is disgusting I wonder what Stoolmacher have to say about this
Old 04-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Todsimpson
Racer

What would Ferrari be like with Alonso/Hamilton as team drivers.
Cluster****

But they'd be winning...
Old 04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 744 Likes on 366 Posts

So Hamilton threw his team manager under the bus? Nice. Just another reason to hate this little brat.

You live as a team and die as a team. That "team" has put this punk where he is. think he would have won a championship with Honda or Red Bull last year? No, so by him calling out his director, I can't see how anybody will EVER trust him on this team, or any other one again. I don't care whether he has strained relations or not. As a driver you DO NOT call out team managers that give you team orders.

Think Barichello would have EVER said "yeah, sure, I was told to back off, team orders, so Shumi could win?" Never... Even when the rest of the world knew it was true, they don't do things like that.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by naroescape
Think Barichello would have EVER said "yeah, sure, I was told to back off, team orders, so Shumi could win?" Never... Even when the rest of the world knew it was true, they don't do things like that.

There are drivers with Class, and then . . .

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Disqualified!!!!