Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Disqualified!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...117189,00.html
Raj
Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hamilton has a bit of Schumacher in him - Both are Capricorns. Both have the will to win at all costs - even to the point of "bending" the rules to their own agendas.
I can see LH messing with Truli to get him to re-pass him to create a situation where Trulli is penalized.

I think Lewis is really very (boyishly) upset at the fact that the McLaren is not looking good and his championship hopes are looking like Schumacher's from 2005... Plus the fact that Button will be swiftly stealing his fire in the UK.

Overall, Lewis is STILL a "boy racer" in my opinion. Hasn't become a man yet. Alonso did when he got the **** kicked out of him at McLaren. Last year Alonso grew up by showing true character/moxy in the way he committed himself the the development of the Renault and kicked total *** on track. As someone said: "F1 doesn't build character, it reveals it..."

I didn't like the penalty imposed on LH - just because the FIA and the stewards appear to overdo it at every turn. It also seems like the laying down of penalties to LH are over the top (Spa, 2008)... While Ferrari gets felated by the FIA weekly

Last edited by PorscheZen; 04-02-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:35 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar
Stupid (on McLaren and Hamilton's part): Yes

Evil: No Get real
Let me ask you how you would feel if you were to start on Pit Lane, drive a great race to finish on the podium only to be protested by McLaren when you did nothing wrong and end up with no points?

Because McLaren messed up by allowing Trulli by and then realized their mistake and in order to make up that 1 point, they basically threw Trulli under the bus. Then lie about it, only to be caught by conflicting press statements? THen lie again only to be caught by radio transmissions? That is not evil? To speak nothing of spygate and all that.

Does Sir Frank Williams and his team act like this? No. It's a corporate culture of win at all costs at McLaren and if you need to spy, cheat and throw others under the bus to get yours, then you do that.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:55 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

The F1 is full of such BS, race after race, they choose to pick on such unimportant issues.

Who cares whether Hamilton mislead the stewards in the heat of a post-race interview? Make a decision, put him in fourth, give Trulli third and be done with it.

Should they try to read the minds of all drivers and decide whether one guy tried to block someone, or whether someone tried run another driver off the track every time there's contact? Then ask them if they meant to do it? What's the point??

Let them drive. Let them race. Make objective and fair decisions. Impossible, I know...
Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

The lies took place well after the incident, so I can't give McLaren a pass, sorry.
Both drivers were called to investigate the incident because McLaren protested against Trulli. Don't you see something wrong there? 1st they let him through on their own, then when Trulli passes Hammy (which is what McLaren wanted Trulli to do), they protest it. This is what caused the inquiry. When Hammy was asked what happened, he said Trulli passed him under Yellow. Its very clear, either they baited Trulli or realized that they shouldn't have let him through and tried to get that 1 point back.
I was a big fan of McLaren when Mika used to drive for them and bought all their gear when Alonso moved over. But its more and more clear now, it wasn't Alonso that was at fault in McLaren. He just never fit the lying culture.
Raj
Old 04-02-2009, 01:11 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I was a big fan of McLaren when Mika used to drive for them and bought all their gear when Alonso moved over. But its more and more clear now, it wasn't Alonso that was at fault in McLaren. He just never fit the lying culture.
Raj

Sorry to hear the shine of McLying wearing off.

Their silver/black colored gear is a pretty cool color combo tho.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar
Stupid (on McLaren and Hamilton's part): Yes

Evil: No Get real
Originally Posted by Pete
Let me ask you how you would feel if you were to start on Pit Lane, drive a great race to finish on the podium only to be protested by McLaren when you did nothing wrong and end up with no points?

Because McLaren messed up by allowing Trulli by and then realized their mistake and in order to make up that 1 point, they basically threw Trulli under the bus. Then lie about it, only to be caught by conflicting press statements? THen lie again only to be caught by radio transmissions? That is not evil? To speak nothing of spygate and all that.

Does Sir Frank Williams and his team act like this? No. It's a corporate culture of win at all costs at McLaren and if you need to spy, cheat and throw others under the bus to get yours, then you do that.
Exactly.
They, and especially Hamilton deliberately lied in order to get Trulli penalized even though Trulli did nothing wrong.

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
The lies took place well after the incident, so I can't give McLaren a pass, sorry.
Both drivers were called to investigate the incident because McLaren protested against Trulli. Don't you see something wrong there? 1st they let him through on their own, then when Trulli passes Hammy (which is what McLaren wanted Trulli to do), they protest it. This is what caused the inquiry. When Hammy was asked what happened, he said Trulli passed him under Yellow. Its very clear, either they baited Trulli or realized that they shouldn't have let him through and tried to get that 1 point back.
Raj
+1
Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
dp35
Pro

Transcript of the Hamilton/McLaren radio conversation: LINK

Actual audio of Toyota team radios at end of race: LINK

At first I thought - considering that all radio communications are now public, its rediculous that the FIA didn't have all the radio & in-car video needed to make a final decision just after the race ended. Maybe that's still 90% true. But after reading about it more, it makes slightly more sense why this happened the way it did.

The one significant piece of evidence that damned Hamilton was a TV interview that he did after the race, but before his meeting with the stewards. In that interview he said that the team told him to let Trulli by. In the FIA meeting he said the opposite. That is not ok. The FIA didn't have access to that TV interview at the time they made the original decision. Now they do, so they changed their minds.

Honesty in a situation like this is very important. It made the difference between Trulli getting 3rd or 4th place points, to getting none. Considering that the championships of the past 2 years have been decided by a single point, this is serious business. Hamilton deserved some form of punishment for what looks to me like lying to the race officials. Because the results of his lying would've cost another driver 6 points, I think his DQ is justified.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
However giving Trulli his spot back considering he went off course under the safety car is f'in ridiculous.
They did not give Trulli back his spot, they disqualified the guy who would have finished in front of him for lying to the race stewards.

Originally Posted by mdrums
I am confused....so Lewis passes Jarno when he goes off the course into the grass under the safety car but does the correct thing and lets Jarno back in front....but...tell the stewards he did not do this and tell SpeedTV he did do this??? Am I understanding this correctly?
Hamilton passing as legal since Trulli went off track and Hamilton should not have given the place back but his race engineer did not know the rules so the place was given back when Hamilton did not receive a quick answer.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Under SC Racer #1 boffs a corner and Racer #2 overtakes him. Racer #2 gives the spot back before the race restarts. Racer #2 gets a DQ for the next race?

Only in F1.
No not really.

Racer 1 boff the corner and goes off, Racer 2 pases Racer 1 while he was trimming the grass. Racer 2 then slows to let racer 1 back into position.

FIA sees racer 1 pass under yellow. Racer 1 says racer 2 slowed to let me by. Racer 2 says "No I never slowed down". FIA says clear case Racer 1 penalty. Then FIA learns racer 2 did slow and effectivly wave racer 1 back by, but lied to FIA when asked what happend. FIA get pissed at Racer 2 lying about.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M758
FIA sees racer 1 pass under yellow. Racer 1 says racer 2 slowed to let me by. Racer 2 says "No I never slowed down". FIA says clear case Racer 1 penalty. Then FIA learns racer 2 did slow and effectivly wave racer 1 back by, but lied to FIA when asked what happend. FIA get pissed at Racer 2 lying about.
From everything I have read, the investigation took place in the 1st place because McLaren filed a complaint against Trulli/Racer 1 for passing under yellow, when it clearly was the one that instructed it's driver to slow down and let Racer 1 pass. A classic case of McLaren at its best.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:40 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedBump
They did not give Trulli back his spot, they disqualified the guy who would have finished in front of him for lying to the race stewards.

Hamilton passing as legal since Trulli went off track and Hamilton should not have given the place back but his race engineer did not know the rules so the place was given back when Hamilton did not receive a quick answer.
So Hamilton should have been 3rd correct and Jarno 4th...but now somehow Hamilton is DQ'd due to 2 different story's between the media and stewards?

Am I saying this correctly?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedBump

Yes they did give him his spot back. The penalty he received was 25 seconds. Which dumped him from 3rd to 12th. By getting rid of that penalty he was moved back to 3rd. The unofficial results never had Trulli in 4th. The only people Trulli 'finished' behind were Brawn drivers.

That still doesn't address the fact that he went off course during the caution. I can only imagine the earful the stewards in SCCA/PCA would give someone for that and how long the probation would be.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:58 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hamilton did exactly what mclaren told him to do in both cases - letting trulli pass and denying it in the hearing.

as for the initial investigation, mclaren did not protest, the FIA reviewed the position change. all mclaren did was confirm the investation. they did not initiate it.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
it's a very good thing that Sir A.Wayne is 100% behind Alonso (wait, that doesn't sound right, does it....) and has no interest in how Hamilton does.......otherwise, it would be in our best interests to send someone to take away his belt and shoe laces.
Wayne is 100% in favor of deciding who he 100% favors of after 100% of the race is over and 100% of the penalties have been decided.

I hope that is 100% clear....

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Disqualified!!!!