Sponsored by:

Learn from my mistake$$

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
So I HEARD about this place in Montreal ...
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dave morris
Reversed? Don't think so. Not if it was a validly issued legitimate cashier's check from a reputable bank. A seller can verify the authenticity a cashier's check by contacting the issuing bank.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Sounds like a real PITA.
The check could be good, but a stop payment can be issued on a certified check or money order. You cannot reverse a wire transfer once it's posted.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:19 AM
dwe8922
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Keith has been an avid rennlister for a while. I'm a little surprised that he would dissapear like that. I really doubt that he would intentionally leave you on the hook like that. Which number do you have for him? 243-2234?

What really pisses me off is when someone refuses to ship to Canada. There is aboslutely no difference other than an extra customs form that has to be filled out. (takes 1 minute) Other than that, it's exactly as much of a risk as it is to send to anyone in the states.
That's the number I had for him; I believe I had one other number as well, which wasn't any good. Keith seemed like a good guy to me as well; I was really surprised to find this out 3 months later. But, it must have been refused for UPS to go after him for that long.

I thought about just telling UPS to take a hike and switch to Fedex, but we use them a lot (which didn't help much in the end), so I'll probably just pay up once I've settled down about it.

Quick Reply: Learn from my mistake$$