Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WGI Race..Sprints vs Enduro

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009 | 02:24 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
Enduros are a toss up for me. Some are like 90 minute sprint races. Non stop action, time flies by. Others become glorified lapping days. Car in front is too far to try and catch, car behind you is too far to catch you. Sure this can happen in a sprint, but less likely.
My concern is that if it does happen in a sprint, it's likely due to the lap time differences between you and the racers who are gridded near you. As such, if it happens in one sprint race, it's likely to happen in all 4.

However, in the enduro, even if someone does seem a bit out of reach, things change quickly with either a yellow flag (which I think is slightly more likely in an enduro due to the increased amount of time in the race) and also with lapped traffic (which is MUCH more likely in an enduro). If you manage traffic poorly, all of a sudden the guy who you thought would never catch you might suddenly be on your back bumper.

Then again.... maybe the split starts will provide a need for traffic management skills in the sprint races.

Quick Reply: WGI Race..Sprints vs Enduro