Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please no inverted field.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp
Please no inverted field.
I don't think it would be possible to do it if they also want to have a points championship in the same weekend.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:34 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I for one like the Enduro

Pete....thanks for all your hard work, volunteers like you make PCA Club racing what it is today...... that said I would prefer 2 Sprints and the Enduro.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Pete, thanks for all of your efforts in progressing both the DE program and the Zone driving events. I certainly understand the rationale for doing more sprint races and having a points system, however, I still prefer the enduro due to the increased complexity for the driver.
Well said, my vote is enduro. I enjoy the strategy and sharing a car with a friend.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Wayne-O is back! Coming to Limerock Wayne?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Dan Jacobs
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Pete,
As the others have said thanks for all your years of hard work for PCA. I also greatly appreciate your desire to change things for the better. That being said I'd much prefer the 2 sprint and 1 enduro format. I do think that the Glen especially lends itself to the enduro format. Personally I'd like a longer enduro.
Dan Jacobs
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Pete,

I will fly over 7000 km to get to North America and tow over 3000km to participate in the Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen club races. None of this would even be remotely possible were it not for dedicated volunteers such as yourselves which host these events year after year. Thank you. Should you wish to try a new format for this year's race you have my full support. I'm sure the Glen race will continue to have solid participation from club racers and I'm not sure if the rennlist viewpoint is necessarily the predominate opinion of the 200+ racers that routinely make the trip to the Glen for the Z1 race. Whatever the format, I will be there for 2009. It is important to try new and different things.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:27 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Mr. Tremper, I am just glad to be able to participate.....no matter what format.......

Keep up the good work......
Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 AM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete, As everyone said Thank you...+1. I am looking forward to trying something different in regards to format. It will be a great weekend anyway you look at it.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Pete, I appreciate the innovative thought. I prefer the enduro format and would be fine if it were on Saturday, if you think that helps (seemed to work at Road America when they did that two years ago).

As for the points system, are you going to hand out awards on Sunday afternoon after all the races and the winners have been determined? Are you budgeting to mail them?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 AM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Default Lime Rock

Hey Gary, not doing the Club Race ast Lime Rock but will be there next week for the Monday DE to test out the car....of course another new motor by Hairry Dog Garrrrge. If I can't get through this season without missing a shift or running it out of oil my wife said I'm done with this sport. Got to be on my game this season, trying to do the Glen, Gingerman, Putnam, VIR and Mosport. She's raising hell about it so I'm trying to be real nice (Lime Rock Club Race we are in Mexico for a little R&R). Looking forward to seeing everybody real soon. Gary you doing Cups and Saucers, looks like new leadership on that event now.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 AM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Pete,

Just a couple of thoughts- as if you really needed any more!

There is no question that your commitment to club racing and innovative approaches are greatly appreciated and beyond reproach. And I think it is beyond dispute that the Glen event is the highlight of many racers who live in the Northeast. Indeed, when it went to a 2 sprint format (thanks to you), it got even better.

Given the great success of the event (as evidenced by its high turnout) and fact that the majority of the posts appear to favor the Enduro, is it possible for you to keep the Enduro this year and take a poll at the Glen Club Race from the racers who actually attend the race to determine if they prefer the 4 sprint format.

By taking a poll at the race, you can obtain the most accurate assessment of the racers. Notably, I have not seen a thread where the poster states that he or she will not attend if there is an enduro. But I have seen the contrary. Thus, your polling sample should represent an accurate viewpoint of the club racers.

Just my 2 cents.

John
Old 03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

A few years back, at the Zone 2 DE, we had the opportunity to try out the VIR Grand Course. We figured if VIR was great already, even more VIR would be that much better. We tried it, but found out that there were parts of the regular full course we really enjoyed that we lost in the Grand Course. Next year, it was strictly the traditional full course. I also remember that we went from 4 22 minute session to 3 30 minute sessions per day. There was lots of discussion of the pros and cons, and probably still is, but the consensus from the entrants was that they liked the 3 30 minutes better. I tired out the "Top Gun" race at Putnam. It's the one where they have a staggered start time for each entrant according to their best lap time. Sounded like fun. Ended up not really enjoying it. I'd love to give the four sprint/point championship idea a try. Sounds like an interesting idea to try out. Enduros are a toss up for me. Some are like 90 minute sprint races. Non stop action, time flies by. Others become glorified lapping days. Car in front is too far to try and catch, car behind you is too far to catch you. Sure this can happen in a sprint, but less likely.

Point is, we tried it. Don't think Pete or PCA is signaling the end of the Enduro. Ultimately, racer/member input is what keeps the gears turning in our little PCA machine.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,674 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by bauerjab
Pete,

Just a couple of thoughts- as if you really needed any more!

There is no question that your commitment to club racing and innovative approaches are greatly appreciated and beyond reproach. And I think it is beyond dispute that the Glen event is the highlight of many racers who live in the Northeast. Indeed, when it went to a 2 sprint format (thanks to you), it got even better.

Given the great success of the event (as evidenced by its high turnout) and fact that the majority of the posts appear to favor the Enduro, is it possible for you to keep the Enduro this year and take a poll at the Glen Club Race from the racers who actually attend the race to determine if they prefer the 4 sprint format.

By taking a poll at the race, you can obtain the most accurate assessment of the racers. Notably, I have not seen a thread where the poster states that he or she will not attend if there is an enduro. But I have seen the contrary. Thus, your polling sample should represent an accurate viewpoint of the club racers.

Just my 2 cents.

John

Great idea!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-24-2009, 12:32 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

It is an interesting idea that I would be in favor of trying. While I do enjoy the enduros (more so when I had a partner on the car and we split the race), too often it does turn into a glorified DE especially a the longer courses like Watkins. I vote try it and let's see. BTW, I fully intend to be there to try to exhonerate my performance last time.

Quick Reply: WGI Race..Sprints vs Enduro