Sponsored by:

Traqmate and Aiptek HD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
normank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traqmate and Aiptek HD

I need help linking the Data and Video. Any and all advice appreciated.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you looked into Trackvision software?

APKhaos on here can answer all sorts of questions about it.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have traqstudio it's really easy, just click the video tab in the "add drivers/setup" screen and then choose the file that is the video you want to link. Then you can use the toolbar on the video to sync the two by moving one or the other a tad to line them up.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Giacomo
Pro

I hope to be doing this myself in a couple of months but what I understand is that if you have traqmate, you need to pay $200 or so for the extra licence to open up traqstudio. As an alternative, you can buy Trackvision which IIRC is also about $200. I opted for the iq3 and will be going with trackvision because of other interesting features.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Weston
Racer

In the TraqView program, open your session, then go to the File menu, and select Export Data... For Export Type, you want it to say "Trackvision (CSV Format)". Click the browse button to select a file name and location, then click the Export button. When the progress bar gets to the end, you can click Done and then use the CSV file that you just created with any of the following products:

TrackVision: http://www.TrackVision.net
This is the datalogger video overlay solution that has been around for years and has tons of respect. It is pretty well put together and supported from what I've seen, and videos made with it can be found all over the internet.

DashWare: http://www.ChaseCam.com/catalog/25/d...ation_software
A new product from ChaseCam... I have only seen a few videos made with it, but it looks promising. I haven't gotten to play around with it much yet.

RaceRender: http://www.RaceRender.com
Very low cost (and the basic version is free), but the Traqmate overlay capability is a side feature, not the program's main focus. So, it's great for simple Traqmate overlays, and it will do more for that in future releases, but it doesn't target the same market segment that TrackVision and DashWare do. It's designed more for doing picture-in-picture, camera-switching, dealing with cameras mounted upside down, etc.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen to the wise Weston. He speaks the truth.
There's a nice shiny new TrackVision version just released with lots of new features. Feel free to PM any questions you might have. We have a very large Traqmate user community, of course.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

My next purchase is the TrackVision software. Spent too much money on the racecar but I'll be getting it soon. Have lots of data and video from last season, and should have some new 09 data soon.

Besides, how can I not buy from Tony when he races a 951?!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:08 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Besides, how can I not buy from Tony when he races a 951?!
Now THAT's the marketing strategy I've been looking for! All I need now is:
- several Cup cars
- an early 911
- A few Beemers
- Some exotics
- A nice selection of HSR cars
Good thing the prices are down a bit this year, eh?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Nothing like a few good write-offs!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
chris_v
Instructor

I'm currently using racerender myself for my video editing. For the price and what it offers I couldnt pass it up. Its great to overlay data from my traqmate and PIP for multiple views and cars.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by wanna911
If you have traqstudio it's really easy, just click the video tab in the "add drivers/setup" screen and then choose the file that is the video you want to link. Then you can use the toolbar on the video to sync the two by moving one or the other a tad to line them up.
Are you sure about that?
Have you actually processed an Aiptek 720p 60 fps HD video in Traqstudio?

The Traqstudio forum says that they don't support basic MPEG4, and the Aiptek video is H.264 which is an advanced part of the MPEG4 spec.

If you've successfully processed this video format with Traqstudio it would be a real achievement.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:40 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by chris_v
I'm currently using racerender myself for my video editing. For the price and what it offers I couldnt pass it up. Its great to overlay data from my traqmate and PIP for multiple views and cars.

What data channels can it display? Do you have a video on youtube you can link us to?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Weston
Racer

Yeah, I agree with Tony... MPEG4 / H.264 support is a big deal, and that is the format used by many digital camcorders now. I use the Aiptek HD camera myself... It comes with software that can convert it to ASF (aka Windows Media) or AVI, but it's buggy and seems to die when I try to do longer 720p movies, so you can't count on it. It's much nicer to just use video software that can take those .mov files straight from the camera, without requiring any conversion.

Originally Posted by KurtC
What data channels can it display? Do you have a video on youtube you can link us to?
Docs for the datalogger config screen: http://www.racerender.com/docs/LoggerSettings.html

That black background is transparent when overlaid onto video. You can change the colors of things and turn them on or off, but you can't really rearrange the layout or change the style at this point, and the RPM and gear indicator use the same space (ie you get one or the other). The free version lets you play with most of these options, so you can try it out.

There aren't a lot of videos out there that show it's Traqmate overlay feature, but here are a couple using the default settings (map, G's, and speed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SswujS9n3o&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVaiix7ossU&fmt=18

Last edited by Weston; 03-12-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 PM
normank
Racer

This is truly a great place. Thanks to all. I see I have a busy weekend.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 AM
normank
Racer

RaceRender: http://www.RaceRender.com
Very low cost (and the basic version is free), but the Traqmate overlay capability is a side feature, not the program's main focus. So, it's great for simple Traqmate overlays, and it will do more for that in future releases, but it doesn't target the same market segment that TrackVision and DashWare do. It's designed more for doing picture-in-picture, camera-switching, dealing with cameras mounted upside down, etc.

Is there a way to attach a .RRP RaceRender file to an email that can be played by the recipient?

Quick Reply: Traqmate and Aiptek HD