Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

951 Racers/Trackday Junkies: What AFR do you target on the track (93 Octane)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Oddjob
...I have used the simple curtis event counter setup, and I am not sure it shows or indicates actual knock signals. It might just be picking up noise. ....
+1. I installed the Curtis pulse counter and get a lot of pulses, but I rather doubt this is really knock. So I'm looking for alternatives, like making audio recordings of knock signals or installing det cans, for tuning purposes (not monitoring).

Originally Posted by Oddjob
...Note: my in-car wideband AFR (zeitronix) does not match the AFRs that have been charted/measured at the tailpipe during dyno runs. ....
Same here, except I use Innovate LC1. The dyno sniffer reads around .5 richer, which is frustrating.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

In most cases, the dyno lambda sensors are more accurate and expensive than the less expensive store purchased ones, however, you need to install the dyno sensor in the proper location.

My view on EGT probes is that they are good if you have one in each cylinder with data logging, either on a dyno or with a stand alone engine management system. They are also useful right before the turbo to understand turbine temperatures. Other than that, I don't know what useful information they tell you.

Quick Reply: 951 Racers/Trackday Junkies: What AFR do you target on the track (93 Octane)?