Sponsored by:

Cup Rules Clarification

Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM
wickerbill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cup Rules Clarification

Hi......I'm wanting to run a 996 Cup in the SCCA GT2 Midwest. The SCCA identifies "Cup Rules" in the GCR as to how the car must be prepared. Problem is, they dont say which "Cup Rules". Its been suggested by one of the stewards that they are "IMSA Cup" rules....but does not have anything definitive.

Can anyone provide guidance?

Thanks!!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 PM
PedroNole
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you run a 996 bone stock as from factory it will qualify as is. Not sure about any IMSA spec issues affecting qualification.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have you looked here?

http://scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=44

Cars and Rules
Ready to Race? Need to verify rules? Need to homologate a chassis?
The Cars and Rules area of the Club Racing Section is your starting point to getting strapped into your race seat, and is also a good place to check back frequently for updates and revisions. If you are looking to get a clarification or adjustment on a rule, you can learn about the rule making process and send an email to the Club Racing Board (Submit Request Form).
That's where I would start. I have emailed them before and usually get a response rather quickly. This is important because IMSA allows adjustable shocks, does Supercup allow adjustable shocks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: