Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am going to sit this one out.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default I am going to sit this one out.........

but if you are interested, go for it........
(I just received this e-mail invite)

"Reality TV Project - Racing on Closed Public Roads - Participants Wanted

Dear Potential Participant:

Yes, you read the subject line correctly. I was approached by a major national cable TV channel to develop a reality TV show involving amateur drivers racing on closed public roads.

What I did was create the coolest program you can imagine. Some of the details:

You get to race a Ferrari, a Porsche, and an AMG on a minimum of 6 and maximum of 13 closed scenic public roads throughout the USA. Think the Pacific Coast Highway, the Kancamagus Highway, and the Devil’s Tail.

We are accepting 50 participants and 10 alternates. Each participant will have three runs in each vehicle on the closed designated course over a two day period. You will have a chance to run your own vehicle in a time trial as well, though it will not count towards the race but the best weighted times will receive additional prizes.

If you WIN you get to pick a Ferrari, a Porsche, and an AMG to take HOME! Second prize is two cars, third is one.

Yes, there is a $50k participant fee which is cheap, less than $1k per race, and if you break one of our cars you don’t have to buy it.

If you are interested email me back as soon as possible, I have more than 25 people who are seriously considering participation and we are just now making this public. I will email you a detailed package including an overview and a contract.

Once you receive the package I need your serious expression of interest, i.e. email me to say I am in, by March 4th then I need your executed contract and check no later than March 16th.

Please email me back if you would like to receive the package.

Stephan Condodemetraky
Managing Partner
CF Partners LLC"
Old 02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, go ahead and send the money. If you get a buddy to sign up, do you get $5000 and for each one he signs up $1000 and so on?

Condodemetracky? Really? Does he need any help getting some money out of Nigeria for his family?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually Stephan Condodemetraky is a real guy involved with promoting various motorsports projects. He was involved in the activities in New Hampshire in '05, and most recently at the Lime Rock Park Club. this is from an '08 LRP release:

"The financing for the upgrade has largely come from The Club at Lime Rock which has sold nearly 130 memberships granting exclusive rights to either the main 1.53 mile track or to the shorter autocross track on certain days of the year. A full 50-year membership costs $110,000 for 60 days a year; a 10-year associate membership costs $27,500 for 10 days a year.

The overall goal is to raise some $30 million through the club, according to Stephan Condodemetraky, president of club member sales.“If you buy a fast car you need to find a place to use it,” he said. “Most cars are capable of exceeding traffic limits. You can come here to really stretch the car’s legs.”

He used to pound me with recruiting emails for membership at LRP, as well as their expensive "track tour" days for prospective members. I thought I got away from him when i changed my email address, but maybe he is no longer with the Lime Rock Club????

Anyway, this latest thing sounds like you guys should jump right on it!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Initially I thought... "great!, where do I sign". Then I read "$50k participant fee", and thought, "great!, I'll watch it on TV". Then I read "less than $1k/race", after having read "minimum 6, maximum 13 races", and then I thought as you did ($50k/13 != $1k).
Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems to me like there will be alot of cars off the bushes, weeds or over the cliff.

It is one thing to drive fast on closed down public roads, but racing on them for time is not smart short of proper rally prep for both driver and car.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:21 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
Seems to me like there will be alot of cars off the bushes, weeds or over the cliff.

It is one thing to drive fast on closed down public roads, but racing on them for time is not smart short of proper rally prep for both driver and car.
+1. If you watch TV coverage of the Targa Newfoundland, more than one car visits the local shrubbery. I hope that Ferrari, Porsche and AMG have good cages.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Did you see the 2 open wheel (indy?) hotshoes on TV recently in a GT3, Lotus, and F360 on Mulholland? (in the wet!). They nearly crashed... this could be a disaster as there is a big incentive to win and people with more $ than skill we be droving.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

+50k
Old 02-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Christ, these days you can buy a beautiful Ferrari for $50K. RIP-OFF!!!

C.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
...according to Stephan Condodemetraky, president of club member sales.“If you buy a fast car you need to find a place to use it,” he said. “Most cars are capable of exceeding traffic limits....
Perhaps he could name a car being sold today that is NOT capable of exceeding traffic limits?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reminds me of an email I got the other day:

YOU HAVE WON THE FERRARI LOTTERY. Complete with the prancing horse image, just a scam.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootin159
Initially I thought... "great!, where do I sign". Then I read "$50k participant fee", and thought, "great!, I'll watch it on TV". Then I read "less than $1k/race", after having read "minimum 6, maximum 13 races", and then I thought as you did ($50k/13 != $1k).
more than one run per road. I guess he is counting each run up the hill as a race. $50/13X3 runs=...

Why do I see them running out of drivable cars real quick. First week would be fun to watch.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the same invite and got a good chuckle out of it. OK, we're on the mailing list because we're enthusiasts and have similar cars and track them. Why would we want to take all that time off from our families, careers, etc. and spend $50k to drive around on public roads trying to win a similar car to what we already own?

I'd have a hard time saying yes even if it was "free" and I could possibly win one of the cars. All that time and risk...

Quick Reply: I am going to sit this one out.........