Sponsored by:

Winterfest InCar Events...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Brinkley
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winterfest InCar Events...

Here is a compilation of small events that happened to me during my 3 days at Winterfest at Sebring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C5K4...e=channel_page

Make sure you click on the "watch in High Quality" on the bottom right of the video...
Old 01-20-2009, 08:58 AM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Scary.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:08 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn BMW's I do have to give you a bit of sheet about the miata passing you in 17 though..... Not sure I would have posted that one
Old 01-20-2009, 11:31 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

No "hi" sign to the Miata? You have more control than I do.
Your comments after passing the Mustang made me laugh out loud. Good stuff.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Very entertaining.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Peter,
No, I'm not ashamed of the "Miata in 17" incident. I will admit I was surprised by him pinching me. I thought he had committed to a wider arch around 17. But the goal of the video was to show all the little hick-ups that made the weekend. I'm more embarrassed by allowing the car to track out, to the point of being 2 then 4 wheels off, leaving 16! I should have held the wheel and made the car turn.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:19 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinkley
Peter,
No, I'm not ashamed of the "Miata in 17" incident. I will admit I was surprised by him pinching me. I thought he had committed to a wider arch around 17. But the goal of the video was to show all the little hick-ups that made the weekend. I'm more embarrassed by allowing the car to track out, to the point of being 2 then 4 wheels off, leaving 16! I should have held the wheel and made the car turn.
Getting 4 off in 16 = bad.
Getting 4 back on pointing in the right direction = good.

What was up with that BMW? did he miss an upshift? Loose an engine? I see no other reasons to be going that slow there.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Scott,
That was a mustang/tube frame race car that is scaled down and powered by either a moto engine or some said a Honda S2000 motor. The problem was that as I approached bishop's he was on line and heading toward the standard braking zone (drivers left) so I made the decision to go right and out brake him drivers right. About half way he changed his mind and moved off line, right where I wanted to go. The Data Acquisition showed 1.45 in braking G's at that point. I damn near hit him.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:09 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

I'm more embarrassed by allowing the car to track out, to the point of being 2 then 4 wheels off, leaving 16! I should have held the wheel and made the car turn.
Don't be embarrassed by that!! Do you know how many people have gone just 2 off there and totalled their cars? I thought it was a great recovery. Should it have happened, well, that's another matter but I also think it's more about your entry into 16 than just holding your exit tighter.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Are you suggesting I turned in way too early?
Also, do you notice that I am still slip sliding away and I am already on the Push-To-Talk with my Dad telling him I'm about to wad it up? That can't be good. I should concentrate more.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:47 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Are you suggesting I turned in way too early?
Ummm, yes. Didn't notice the push to talk issue

As far as concentration, see my post about same. Unfortunately it's been overtaken by talk of chia, ***** and the like....
Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Brinkley
Pro

You know, I read that post and was going to suggest something I read in "Grass Roots Motorsports" and I believe Randy Pobst(sp?) was quoted as saying that, even with his seat time and experience he has to work to stay focused. He suggested something, that I have adopted, he repeats to himself, Hit Your Marks.....Hit Your Marks as he approaches each and every corner. I have found that this keeps me on my toes and focused. If I forget or get wrapped up in traffic, it always comes to me, "remember hit your marks and you will be faster than him"...

My concentration issue is that I always get on the radio, it would seem, mid-slide, mid-spin, mid-anything to tell someone about it.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Cool thanks for posting. Cool driving..

I was also caught off guard a few times by the rumple strip at 16, the car goes where it wants to go, I wish they made the rumples a little smoother....
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a compilation of small events that happened to me during my 3 days at Winterfest at Sebring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C5K4...e=channel_page

Make sure you click on the "watch in High Quality" on the bottom right of the video...
Cool!

thanks for posting.

How was the pimp trailer?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Great videos. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun or at least a lot of entertaining moments! Did you get to look at anymore data on teh weekend?

Sorry for not stopping back by on Saturday. I came down with a sinus infection on Saturday and stayed hidden the whole day except when on track.

Shoot me an email at seth@seththomas.net and let's see when we can do some coaching!

Quick Reply: Winterfest InCar Events...