Sponsored by:

LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bsr_257
Just to be clear, that was the pseudo Black Stig that was driving (note black helmet, shirt and gloves). Yours truly has way too much extra ballast (~50 lbs)! Shows what the Spec Barbie can do.

I see the Waco Kid on Saturday afternoon and all he could say was "I hate you"...
I'm confused, so who was driving?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:49 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
I'm confused, so who was driving?
John
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Just to be clear, that was the pseudo Black Stig that was driving (note black helmet, shirt and gloves). Yours truly has way too much extra ballast (~50 lbs)! Shows what the Spec Barbie can do.

I see the Waco Kid on Saturday afternoon and all he could say was "I hate you"...
Holy smokes batman, your car looks hooked up! Shazam!

-td
Old 02-12-2009, 04:48 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just to be clear, that was the pseudo Black Stig that was driving (note black helmet, shirt and gloves).
Stig needs his own spec barbie
Old 02-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Waco Kid
Advanced

Yes, I hate you. Getting smoked by Spec Barbie(s) is damaging to my fragile Stock E ego. The times you guys were busting out are impressive.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Waco Kid
Yes, I hate you. Getting smoked by Spec Barbie(s) is damaging to my fragile Stock E ego. The times you guys were busting out are impressive.
I think West was in the 57's.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 AM
RyanZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great data coaching in that video dave "yeah yeah yeah there you gooo"

PS - talk to your student about his early turn in.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:25 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanZ06

This wasn't a "look at my driving" post. It was sharing some video of fun on the track and allowing others to see themselves on the track. I was paying back friends for posting video. No one else felt any need to offer comment.

But if you really feel like helping, be constructive. Which turn(s)? Also, maybe you would want to know something about the objectives of the session before you offer criticism to the instructor or advice to the driver.

Be constructive, or go away.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RyanZ06

Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

West Dillard ran a 1:57.1 in the Spec Boxster. John Gladwill was a tiny bit faster or the same(my guess through observation) by the end of the weekend. We are looking at 1:56's in these cars. These cars are blindingly fast in the sweepers. They are also being driven by drivers in the top quartile of ability. I can't wait to see Watkins, Dillard (Shaffer), Gladwill (Takahashi), and Walker out there next month.

I looked in detail with M. Paton at the Traqmate data for West's 157.1 run. I looked at some of Eric's runs also. This is good stuff.

And- For all you critics- David Scott really knows how to drive and teach! Seeing his car at the limit, in certain turns, tells me he can get 100% out of his M3. If he only stopped hanging around with VelociRaptor, people might appreciate him more...

-Keith
Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
Also, maybe you would want to know something about the objectives of the session before you offer criticism to the instructor or advice to the driver.

Be constructive, or go away.
Mike,

BTW, I thought that was pretty smart of you to begin practicing a defensive racing line in advance of the club race!
We DE'ers tend to think in terms of lap times, ergo the DE line, so it's good that your thinking about getting in front and staying there!!

(Yeah, yeah, I know that as a rookie, you just want to finish. But what about your fans?)
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
and I thought you were just kidding about this stalking thing...

Old 02-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Olcha911
West Dillard ran a 1:57.1 in the Spec Boxster. John Gladwill was a tiny bit faster or the same(my guess through observation) by the end of the weekend. We are looking at 1:56's in these cars. These cars are blindingly fast in the sweepers. They are also being driven by drivers in the top quartile of ability. I can't wait to see Watkins, Dillard (Shaffer), Gladwill (Takahashi), and Walker out there next month.

I looked in detail with M. Paton at the Traqmate data for West's 157.1 run. I looked at some of Eric's runs also. This is good stuff.

And- For all you critics- David Scott really knows how to drive and teach! Seeing his car at the limit, in certain turns, tells me he can get 100% out of his M3. If he only stopped hanging around with VelociRaptor, people might appreciate him more...

-Keith
thanks, Keith, likewise. That Veloce Raptor is a known a-hole....but he is also an equal opportunity offender.

Yeah, those guys are all excellent drivers. And I agree--being behind Gladwill when he was driving Noby's car (not in the video posted), those SPBOX's are able to carry amazing speed in the fast sweepers at TWS (which are really the corners that matter at TWS). I was very very impressed.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eclou
and I thought you were just kidding about this stalking thing...

LMAO!

I never joke when it comes to psychopaths.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Olcha911
I can't wait to see Watkins, Dillard (Shaffer), Gladwill (Takahashi), and Walker out there next month.

-Keith
As some of you guys know, somebody put the idea in my head a few weeks ago to retire the fat *** cab and think about buying John's 944.
Now, the sooner I do that, the sooner you'll see John in a spec boxter that he would build for himself.
So... with that in mind, I'm officially opening up a collection fund for the 944 transaction.

Hey, forget about me think of it as your admission ticket to see John campaign a 2nd spec boxter!
Send your donations to me in care of BW Porsche!!

Quick Reply: LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?