Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$245 Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

Good info. thanks. Dave seemed to have some good stopping power.
Im going to have to try the blacks and see. the oranges just are not cutting it anymore. they just take too much pressure to slow down from high speed. great everywhere else that is not 120mph +
Yep, I'm around 2950lbs with driver and gas for a race

mk

Originally Posted by karlooz
i like the black a lot. more grab than yellow but dont last as long. my car is getting lighter and lighter so the blacks should last longer. your car is <2800lbs right? they should last long for you.... although you did mention you have more scoot with the new engine.

i find them easy to modulate and don;t have to mash the pedal as much to get some bite like i did with yellows. i've tried PF 01 and find that they don't have as much bite as the yellows.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Eeek. Got a name? Or color scheme? PM me if no one wants to throw something like this out there in public.

Seriously, on halfway decent tires, there is NO F_____G WAY any of you guys who have decent car skills can't run sub 2:00 at Thunderhill by about lap 2. On your second session you'd be sub 1:55. Anything quicker than a :52 requires you being somewhat with the program.

Again, on halfway decent tires with a stock 1.3L and based on what the "old" pavement would give.

sorry no name. the printout of the results are in my trailer.

ya, i know the radicals are fast like 1:45 fast. again, i think he was just getting used to it.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Arent those the endurance pads? Probably good for street / track duty.

Thanks Mooty.

Look forward to seeing you guys at one of the next NCRC or PCA races!
I think the NCRC only does the exhibition race on the single day events. (which is great for a low key race where some of the time trialers can get involved.)
On the full weekend NCRC event, the race requires SCCA type safety equip like full cage, 5 point harness, etc.

Is your car set up the same as Daves? I think Carlos has it a little more race prepared. Did all of you guys drive to the track in the racers?

Mk
dave and i have similar roll bar in the car.
race seats and harness. he has moton's on it while i have stock shocks. otherwise similar cars, we both drive to/from track, with AC and stereo no less ;-)
Old 12-06-2008, 02:35 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Eeek. Got a name? Or color scheme? PM me if no one wants to throw something like this out there in public.

Seriously, on halfway decent tires, there is NO F_____G WAY any of you guys who have decent car skills can't run sub 2:00 at Thunderhill by about lap 2. On your second session you'd be sub 1:55. Anything quicker than a :52 requires you being somewhat with the program.

Again, on halfway decent tires with a stock 1.3L and based on what the "old" pavement would give.
white blue paint.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:39 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

BLOCKING a Radical??????????????????????????????? Was it raining, and he was on slicks? I'd roll mine into the garage and permanently park it! Just tell me it wasn't my car that someone did break out of the garage!
during practice, he was on my tail. so i left room for him to get by at every turn and on every straight (basically everywhere). he wont pass neither did i lift. but with you behind me, i know i dont have to lift and you will blow right by.

when he eventually got by, i kept on his tail.

with that in mind. i didn't want him to pass me during the race so i took very defensive lines as i know (assuming he wasn't sandbagging during practice) he would pass me and get between me and dave, then i will have no chance to get dave when he makes mistakes later in the race. however, during the race when he did pass me, he really got a lot faster and chased down dave as well...

if he had that speed during practice, i would have let him by way early so i dont have to dicker around with him.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:43 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Mark, thanks for posting the videos and racing with us!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:11 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

Hi Eric,

I wanted to stop by and see your rig, but It seemed like i was doing a lot of running around and jumping in and out of students cars.

I hope the video shows what these events are like and more of the porsches have a chance to come out and run their cars.

By the way, I dont think the radicals can get into the 1:45s, i think the record for the formula mazdas is 1:46. Since the radicals come in 3 flavors, I think the one out with us was probably at best a 1:56 car. (a guess). Ill have to take a look at some of the times we have seen with our mixed spec racer group with scca.

Good fun!

Mooty, you should have seen my stereo set up complete with big subwoofer. One thing nice about this low key weekend was that all of that stuff that normally comes apart on race day, was left in for a quick exit after we were done with the event. I even had a passenger seat and gave a few rides!

Mark

Originally Posted by earlyapex
Mark, thanks for posting the videos and racing with us!

Quick Reply: $245 Laguna Seca